shape
carat
color
clarity

Jade Flower obsession - My one zillion and counting flower rings!

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mellowyellowgirl! I love your flower rings and looking for something similar. Do you mind sharing who is your vendor/jeweler and if they carry other flower carving or moon/star carving? I am based in the U.S., new to jadeite. Want to start a collection. Was laughed at by family and told jade is for the older generation. I told them no, that jade is wonderful. I have also been picking Burmesedaze's brain. She has been very kind. I am reading older posts to learn.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl, I asked fb guy for flowers and he asked me emerald? I told him I am looking for no cracks, lines or clouds but not sure about color. Did I do okay? I been watching patiently. Only thing is he comes on when I am getting ready and going to work. Phooey

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl, I asked fb guy for flowers and he asked me emerald? I told him I am looking for no cracks, lines or clouds but not sure about color. Did I do okay? I been watching patiently. Only thing is he comes on when I am getting ready and going to work. Phooey

Yes they call Jade emerald sometimes.

You know what just send him a pic of my rings! Tell him you want a flower like that. Probably the easiest way to communicate!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will do that for sure. He is really nice

He takes great pride in his work.

I've had a lot of cheap settings made by him with extra detail added by him/the factory to make it look less cheap and sparse than it otherwise would have looked.

See lavender flower ring.

Between him and the other vendor (the lady we call YY) I would choose him. The other people are not as transparent about their costs and their work can be shoddy. You really have to specify things with them because they don't really care beyond what you tell them. Also if they make a mistake they'll try to pass it off.

That said they are FAST whereas it's a much slower process with this man.

Hope this helps! I've bought lots from both so just giving you all the info I can think of from my personal interactions and perspective.

I'm not a great designer or details girl so finding a vendor who will go the extra mile to make sure things look "right" was a huge help to me.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
He takes great pride in his work.

I've had a lot of cheap settings made by him with extra detail added by him/the factory to make it look less cheap and sparse than it otherwise would have looked.

See lavender flower ring.

Between him and the other vendor (the lady we call YY) I would choose him. The other people are not as transparent about their costs and their work can be shoddy. You really have to specify things with them because they don't really care beyond what you tell them. Also if they make a mistake they'll try to pass it off.

That said they are FAST whereas it's a much slower process with this man.

Hope this helps! I've bought lots from both so just giving you all the info I can think of from my personal interactions and perspective.

I'm not a great designer or details girl so finding a vendor who will go the extra mile to make sure things look "right" was a huge help to me.

@mellowyellowgirl your opinion really helps. I rather stick with him. I feel like he doesn’t rush compare to other vendor. I don’t mind slow...I am really quiet on the show. I got the courage to introduce myself to him on messenger the other day and finally said hi on the live show. I will send him pics of what I like. I got some flower, heart and stars examples.
On another note, I hope one day I will be able to sport sparkly colored bling or huge cabs like you all. I got big goals :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::):)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl your opinion really helps. I rather stick with him. I feel like he doesn’t rush compare to other vendor. I don’t mind slow...I am really quiet on the show. I got the courage to introduce myself to him on messenger the other day and finally said hi on the live show. I will send him pics of what I like. I got some flower, heart and stars examples.
On another note, I hope one day I will be able to sport sparkly colored bling or huge cabs like you all. I got big goals :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::):)

You'll achieve them!!! You might buy a few things you regret along the way but you'll get there.

I always think you need at break a few eggs to make an omelette. I've bought a few pieces that aren't all that great but after I got them I did learn from them, why I didn't like them, what I should have done differently in regards to the setting (like I personally loathe back covering with a vengeance. It's really not for me).

Obviously if you can avoid these mistakes you save money but sometimes you just can't get around them so don't feel bad if you do pick a few doozies.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
You'll achieve them!!! You might buy a few things you regret along the way but you'll get there.

I always think you need at break a few eggs to make an omelette. I've bought a few pieces that aren't all that great but after I got them I did learn from them, why I didn't like them, what I should have done differently in regards to the setting (like I personally loathe back covering with a vengeance. It's really not for me).

Obviously if you can avoid these mistakes you save money but sometimes you just can't get around them so don't feel bad if you do pick a few doozies.
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl i like the omelette analogy. I like eggs. I have drawn out a few designs already but I know right now I am either gonna buy some stuff bare or try to make them into a simple ring, pendant or bracelet. I really like rings and bracelets. I am more crazy over jewelry compared to others in my family. I like traveling and bling. Trying to achieve both.
I wrote a shameless post to Burmesedaze and asked her to think of me if she ever get want to unload her smaller size bangles:lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results