shape
carat
color
clarity

Jade Bracelet?

gromit

Rough_Rock
Bought this on the weekend at a local antiques and craft fair, and just wondering if it could be jade. Very luminous. Shows some veining/mottling but hard to capture in a photo. Quite consistent in colour. Stones are smooth and flat on the back. Approximately 10x15mm. Have googled to see if this is a typical type of setting as well. Bracelet feels heavy and stones are cool to the touch. Not brave enough to do a scratch test. The clasp is stamped with what looks to be 18K and something else (not sure if it is only plated, very hard to decipher). Not usually into this type of jewellery, but has me intrigued and growing on me. Understand that it is hard to judge anything by a photo. Been reading up on all the jade posts :)
IMG_1750 copy.jpg IMG_1751 copy.jpg IMG_1753 copy.jpg

Feel free to move if posted in the wrong section.
Thanks in advance.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't know anything about jade but its very pretty
let me bump this for you

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It will take you weeks to catch up on all the jade posts, and then you'll have to read them all again at least twice to even begin to fully understand all the complexities of jade! :eek2:

Your beautiful bracelet might be chrysoprase, but if it is Type A jadeite it might be quite valuable. The color of the stones is on the light side but they do have good translucency and glow.

@ChaiK or @Burmesedaze would be able to give you a more expert opinion on the chances of it being Type A. The only way to tell for sure would be to send it to GIA for an Identification Report.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that a fold over clasp?
I have never seen a fold over clasp that was genuine solid gold.
Generally, an 18k bracelet would have a tongue type clasp with a safety clip or chain.
I am not a jade expert, but based on that alone, I would say that it is not quality jadeite(possibly aventurine), and could be plated metal.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I feel like it’s not jadeite as I don’t see this color in jadeite. But am no expert so can be totally off.

It’s a pretty bracelet regardless. But may need to be a bit more careful if it’s not jadeite/is a less hardy stone.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think it’s chrysoprase.

upload_2019-7-25_8-49-2.jpeg

gromit

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the feedback.
It does look very similar to the chrysoprase images, just not as blue.
I also think that if it had been solid gold then the stamp would be a lot clearer, especially as it's under the clasp where it wouldn't get much wear. Does remind me slightly of something you could buy off a TV Gem show =)2. Might have to get a gold testing kit. Didn't pay much for it so was a fun exercise and has now gotten me interested in Jade :P2.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the feedback.
It does look very similar to the chrysoprase images, just not as blue.
I also think that if it had been solid gold then the stamp would be a lot clearer, especially as it's under the clasp where it wouldn't get much wear. Does remind me slightly of something you could buy off a TV Gem show =)2. Might have to get a gold testing kit. Didn't pay much for it so was a fun exercise and has now gotten me interested in Jade :P2.
I have an acid test kit for precious metals. I got it on Amazon for around $15. It is great for testing all the jewelry that I find at yard sales and thrift stores. Some things are not marked, and some things are mis-marked.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert.

Best way is to remove one and send to GIA for testing?

It is pretty.

I am thinking possibly chrysoprase :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: .

Enjoy them anyway. So so very beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results