shape
carat
color
clarity

Jack Kelege setting observations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday I was in Paul Carter Jewels here in Houston. I went in to look at Kelege settings. They are similar to Michael Beaudry, very ornate. They both look a lot alike and of course, both carry a hefty price tag.

I tried on a 5ct intense yellow oval with a tiny halo of white diamonds, white half moon side stones with white halos as well.
Big price tag, over 150,000. Ok, then the sales man (very nice) asked me if I knew about the tiny little stones set UNDER the center stone. Hhmm, never heard of that. He showed me a much smaller setting, for a square stone, unset, and there they were, these tiny little diamonds inside the basket that would hold the center stone. I asked him if the center stone was a step cut would that matter, he said no. He said Kelege did it to increase the sparkle factor. Ok. I immediately thought, man, those little stinkers would be hard to keep clean!

He then told me he wanted to show me a ring he called in for someone. It was a 5.23ct EC, H, SI2. 110,000.
Never, ever, would I consider a H or SI2 in an EC !!! But in the store I didn''t notice any color, even against my white coat. And I never located any inclusions. The lights probably played into that.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jack Kelege settings are definitely some of the most well made around but they do carry quite the price tag. I saw Dee Jay''s new JK setting and it was surely stunning..

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 2:40:57 PM
Author:Ann
Never, ever, would I consider a H or SI2 in an EC !!! But in the store I didn''t notice any color, even against my white coat. And I never located any inclusions. The lights probably played into that.
Have you seen a lot of GIA or AGS "H"s? Unless you''re SUPER color sensitive ... totally
18.gif
-able.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jeweler I went to today carries Jack Kelege rings...they are really gorgeous! And regarding color, I have seen Tacori E-ring''s EC and it is an I color, and honestly, if I had been asked to guess the color, I probably would have said G. I could see no color in natural daylight. So a GIA H is a real possibility in an EC.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a Kelege setting about three weeks ago and I am hopeful it will arive within the next few weeks. I looked EXTENSIVELY (as the patient souls here on PS will attest to, LOL) and kept coming back to the quality, workmanship and styling of Kelege settings.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Dee Jay, can''t wait to see this setting. When I was louping the Kelege setting I remembered the Beaudry settings I have looked at in the past. I honestly thought the quality of the Kelege stones were better than Beaudry.

Does your setting have the tiny little stones inside?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if mine has the stones inside or not. Honestly, that seems like a waste of a good diamond to me, to bury them inside a gallery like that, but I guess he knows what he's doing!

I did look at Beaudry, and they are absolutely beautiful, but I did like the Keleges better too (I'm sure that's sacralige to say in some circles, LOL). I found the prongs that hold in the pave to be more perfect and even in the Kelege and I also found the edges and the milgraining more to my taste in the Kelege. Not that I wouldn't have "settled" for a Beaudry (
2.gif
), but Kelege was definitely my first choice.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, me too Dee Jay !

And (don''t shoot me) I found less than desireable stones in Beaudry''s pave and small shank stones.
Jack seems more than happy to please a customer, such as buying a setting without his center stone.
I know Beaudry didn''t like that, but that was a few years ago. Perhaps his policy has changed by now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann - I had to bump this to tell you that my diamond is being set in my Kelege setting AS WE SPEAK!!! I just saw it a few minuts ago and I LOVE IT (it is quite a bit of bling though!). And there are indeed diamonds inside the halo. It took me a second to figure out what was going on but once I looked at it it make sense. And they are just as perfectly set as the ones on the outside of the halo. I tried to take a pic but my batteries were dead because I''m sure that I''m not describing this very well and everyone will be going, "What? Diamonds on the INSIDE?"

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ-
DEAD BATTERIES!!! oh torture woman. I hope you''re charging them now. I''m soooooo glad you saw your setting and LOVE it. I cannot wait to see pics of this setting and YAY it made it by Christmas!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I hope the batteries are being charged!!!
3.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 3:14:07 PM
Author: FireGoddess
OMG I hope the batteries are being charged!!!
3.gif
Ditto!!! Okay. DeeJay has found a new way to torture us. Well, at least you didn''t do it in the show me the ring section.
20.gif
2.gif

shay

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hurry DeeJay we need pictures of this stunner!!!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well now my jeweler is torturing ME!!! He''s had my stone since 9:30 this morning and he said it would be ready today, but we''re heading out to meet people within the hour so if he doesn''t call soon (and I do mean SOON) I won''t get it until tomorrow. Argh!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 5:56:00 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well now my jeweler is torturing ME!!! He''s had my stone since 9:30 this morning and he said it would be ready today, but we''re heading out to meet people within the hour so if he doesn''t call soon (and I do mean SOON) I won''t get it until tomorrow. Argh!!!
Oh no!!! Well one more sleep then!!!
24.gif
Can''t wait to see it Dee*Jay!!!!
36.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2006 11:12:35 AM
Ann - I had to bump this to tell you that my diamond is being set in my Kelege setting AS WE SPEAK!!! I just saw it a few minuts ago and I LOVE IT (it is quite a bit of bling though!). And there are indeed diamonds inside the halo. It took me a second to figure out what was going on but once I looked at it it make sense. And they are just as perfectly set as the ones on the outside of the halo. I tried to take a pic but my batteries were dead because I''m sure that I''m not describing this very well and everyone will be going, ''What? Diamonds on the INSIDE?''
Oh, Hot Dam_ ! Can''t Wait!!

Aren''t those little hidden stones to die for? So unexpected.
Charge that camera - we have to see pics!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anxiously waiting, tapping foot.........
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2006 5:49:40 PM
I ordered a Kelege setting about three weeks ago and I am hopeful it will arive within the next few weeks. I looked EXTENSIVELY (as the patient souls here on PS will attest to, LOL) and kept coming back to the quality, workmanship and styling of Kelege settings.
Oh I''m so so glad that you''ve found something you really like. Can''t wait to see the photos.
21.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
fingers...ta thump ta thump

waiting!!!!!

Kelege settings are top knotch. The tiny diamonds INSIDE the basket setting are a total
surprise and makes the setting unique among other high-end designers. His workmanship
is so detailed. Louping his work was a joy, no negatives, just assurance that this is the way to design
and build a special ring.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My my -- what hungry little bling monsters you all are this morning!!!

I actually got the ring last night. The jeweler called while we were almost at the place we were going to, and I made the happy hubby turn the car round and drive clear back into town to get it. It is amazing! I am, right this instant, heading up onto the roofdeck to take some pics. It is totally grey and overcast here so I'm not sure how they will turn out, but I'll do my best.

Just give me a little while!

ETA: OK, you can head on over to SMTR to see some pics. They aren't very good but given the weather it's the best I can do at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results