shape
carat
color
clarity

J colored diamond for halo ring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm still wavering on the stone that I have.

1) I wanted to get a matching stone to make earrings for my mom. However, she's an older lady and doesn't like fumbling with the friction backs. I think the La Pousette would be even worse. I was thinking omega backs, but that wouldn't look good with studs, would it? She loves her big plastic discs that she uses for costume jewelry.

2) Halo ring. I was thinking of making a right hand ring with this stone, but since it's a J color, it might look too warm against the melee.

3) Should I just trade up from a J to a better color? The cut is very nice, AGS triple ideal.
TIA!
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
is making it a pendant out of the question?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i think if the melee was H/i it would be fine

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if it makes a difference since it is melee, but my center stone is a J, and my side stones are all H-I color. (I had them orignally with a F color center). Anyway, I don''t see a difference in them EXCEPT for in bright sunlight....and, my side diamonds are ( I believe) larger than the melee will be. I would hate to see you pay for for a better color if you aren''t really going to need it.. Just my 2 $$

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A pendant is possible as well, but I was wondering if the side stones were F/G color and my stone was J, would it be obvious in the color difference?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
If the melee is H or I color, I don''t think you will see any difference. I have seen rings with center stones that are more colored than the melee, and I think it gives a vintage look. I don''t think it is bad at all, but that depends on your preference. My SIL''s center diamond is K with much whiter melee in white metal, and the ring looks very antique (although it is new).

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
When I wore my J solitaire next to my eternity band with F-G colored stones, you could see a difference some of the time, but it depended on the lighting. I kind of liked the distinction, but a lot of people may not.

I would stick with H-I colored melee for a halo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results