shape
carat
color
clarity

Ivy & Rose pendant setting opinions

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
I am considering this Ivy & Rose setting for a diamond I have had for years and never wear.

I would like to make it in 18k yellow gold.

Any opinions on customising the setting, quality of diamonds I should be asking for or quality of the setting in general.

E6D3976E-910A-4B82-ADFC-DD1A52B170C6.jpeg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this style of pendant and think it will look lovely in yellow gold! If it were me I would want to eliminate the bale and have a couple of loops on the back for the chain to thread through but that is just personal taste.

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
I love this style of pendant and think it will look lovely in yellow gold! If it were me I would want to eliminate the bale and have a couple of loops on the back for the chain to thread through but that is just personal taste.

No advice, sorry, just wanted to say I think it’s beautiful!

Thank you for the input. I was thinking the bale would need to go. This is a leap of faith for me as I usually don’t gravitate towards vintage styles.

Last edited:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it milgrained? Perhaps they could do a smooth version. I think no bale is a more contemporary look as well.

Reactions: caf
I agree with removing the bale. And maybe asking for it without milgrain in initially to see if you like it. You can always add milgrain after.

Reactions: caf

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Thank you @Ol-Blue @AnastasiaBeaverhausen @lovedogs @meely.

I think I’ve got analysis paralysis and maybe trying to expect one necklace to “rule them all”.

After hours combing through so many posts. I really wish I had the editing skills of @Rfisher.

I’ve changed direction now and trying to guess what a combination of the following two settings would look like. 96B36DB6-7CB7-4EF4-AE83-5D8928D72FE6.jpeg

The centre stone with a halo using tiny melee, using the larger 8 stones in the scallop of the first setting and the scallop stones set as per the second setting.

Does all that make sense ?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please choose what YOU love! I ask for opinions here or from my jewelry buddies, and I only show my husband once I’ve decided!!

I like both pendants. But I would not try to combine the elements. They can attach loops or bale however you want, though.
I think the first setting can accommodate a smaller stone than the second scalloped one. If the stone is large enough, I like the simplicity of the second one. The first one needs either no bale or maybe engraving it or adding diamonds.

I’d ask for F-G VS excellent cut melee.

Thank you @Ol-Blue @AnastasiaBeaverhausen @lovedogs @meely.

I think I’ve got analysis paralysis and maybe trying to expect one necklace to “rule them all”.

After hours combing through so many posts. I really wish I had the editing skills of @Rfisher.

I’ve changed direction now and trying to guess what a combination of the following two settings would look like. 96B36DB6-7CB7-4EF4-AE83-5D8928D72FE6.jpeg

The centre stone with a halo using tiny melee, using the larger 8 stones in the scallop of the first setting and the scallop stones set as per the second setting.

Does all that make sense ?

As they are currently, my preference is for this one. I like that there's no gaps between the halo and the center. That being said, do you want colored melee though? Because I think it they're all in diamond, then it might end up just being one big circular mush?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your inspirations!
Is one of these something like you were thinking? 7EB24482-990D-4A78-9BED-4F4F47B49658.png
DDE5A2A8-D634-4B47-907C-D16B0051414E.png

I didn’t know if you were meaning an interior halo or not .......

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
I like your inspirations!
Is one of these something like you were thinking? 7EB24482-990D-4A78-9BED-4F4F47B49658.png
DDE5A2A8-D634-4B47-907C-D16B0051414E.png

I didn’t know if you were meaning an interior halo or not .......

Thank you. That’s exactly it. I was hoping you would see my post. I really admire your taste and skills. I actually have my eye on a design you suggested for someone awhile back.

Thank you for everyone’s suggestions and help.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. That’s exactly it. I was hoping you would see my post. I really admire your taste and skills. I actually have my eye on a design you suggested for someone awhile back.

Thank you - I’m happy to help!
Do tell what design you have your eye on? :)

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Thank you - I’m happy to help!
Do tell what design you have your eye on? :)

This is stunning. I’m thinking of a red centre Stone immediately surrounded by yellow diamond melee then then the white diamonds. A faux bezel, 8 prongs all set in yellow gold.

A project which may not start until later in the year. . Of course you allowing me to see your design come to fruition?

D52C1815-92FB-4ED1-8BE3-1AC794EEFB4D.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results