Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Ivy & Rose pendant setting opinions

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
I am considering this Ivy & Rose setting for a diamond I have had for years and never wear.

I would like to make it in 18k yellow gold.

Any opinions on customising the setting, quality of diamonds I should be asking for or quality of the setting in general.

E6D3976E-910A-4B82-ADFC-DD1A52B170C6.jpeg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this style of pendant and think it will look lovely in yellow gold! If it were me I would want to eliminate the bale and have a couple of loops on the back for the chain to thread through but that is just personal taste.

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
I love this style of pendant and think it will look lovely in yellow gold! If it were me I would want to eliminate the bale and have a couple of loops on the back for the chain to thread through but that is just personal taste.

No advice, sorry, just wanted to say I think it’s beautiful!

Thank you for the input. I was thinking the bale would need to go. This is a leap of faith for me as I usually don’t gravitate towards vintage styles.

Last edited:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it milgrained? Perhaps they could do a smooth version. I think no bale is a more contemporary look as well.

Reactions: caf

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with removing the bale. And maybe asking for it without milgrain in initially to see if you like it. You can always add milgrain after.

Reactions: caf

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Thank you @Ol-Blue @AnastasiaBeaverhausen @lovedogs @meely.

I think I’ve got analysis paralysis and maybe trying to expect one necklace to “rule them all”.

After hours combing through so many posts. I really wish I had the editing skills of @Rfisher.

I’ve changed direction now and trying to guess what a combination of the following two settings would look like. 96B36DB6-7CB7-4EF4-AE83-5D8928D72FE6.jpeg

The centre stone with a halo using tiny melee, using the larger 8 stones in the scallop of the first setting and the scallop stones set as per the second setting.

Does all that make sense ?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please choose what YOU love! I ask for opinions here or from my jewelry buddies, and I only show my husband once I’ve decided!!

I like both pendants. But I would not try to combine the elements. They can attach loops or bale however you want, though.
I think the first setting can accommodate a smaller stone than the second scalloped one. If the stone is large enough, I like the simplicity of the second one. The first one needs either no bale or maybe engraving it or adding diamonds.

I’d ask for F-G VS excellent cut melee.

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Ol-Blue @AnastasiaBeaverhausen @lovedogs @meely.

I think I’ve got analysis paralysis and maybe trying to expect one necklace to “rule them all”.

After hours combing through so many posts. I really wish I had the editing skills of @Rfisher.

I’ve changed direction now and trying to guess what a combination of the following two settings would look like. 96B36DB6-7CB7-4EF4-AE83-5D8928D72FE6.jpeg

The centre stone with a halo using tiny melee, using the larger 8 stones in the scallop of the first setting and the scallop stones set as per the second setting.

Does all that make sense ?

As they are currently, my preference is for this one. I like that there's no gaps between the halo and the center. That being said, do you want colored melee though? Because I think it they're all in diamond, then it might end up just being one big circular mush?

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
I like your inspirations!
Is one of these something like you were thinking? 7EB24482-990D-4A78-9BED-4F4F47B49658.png
DDE5A2A8-D634-4B47-907C-D16B0051414E.png

I didn’t know if you were meaning an interior halo or not .......

Thank you. That’s exactly it. I was hoping you would see my post. I really admire your taste and skills. I actually have my eye on a design you suggested for someone awhile back.

Thank you for everyone’s suggestions and help.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. That’s exactly it. I was hoping you would see my post. I really admire your taste and skills. I actually have my eye on a design you suggested for someone awhile back.

Thank you - I’m happy to help!
Do tell what design you have your eye on? :)

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Thank you - I’m happy to help!
Do tell what design you have your eye on? :)

This is stunning. I’m thinking of a red centre Stone immediately surrounded by yellow diamond melee then then the white diamonds. A faux bezel, 8 prongs all set in yellow gold.

A project which may not start until later in the year. . Of course you allowing me to see your design come to fruition?

D52C1815-92FB-4ED1-8BE3-1AC794EEFB4D.jpeg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.