shape
carat
color
clarity

I've turned to the dark side. Of pearls. Circle Tahitians to be exact.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, skip the long paragraph if you don't want to read my ramblings. Main points are:

-I love circle pearls, they are so colorful

-etsy seller PearlsOfJapan is awesome and I highly recommend him

-ps is a dangerous place since I had never even heard of circles until this forum introduced me, and now I'm broke.

- sorry-not-sorry for the photo overload

I bought myself some circle Tahitians, as well as some rounds, for Christmas, and have fallen in love. Love at first sight. I bought from an Etsy vendor who only had 6 sales at the time. It was a gamble. But the prices and photos looked good, and the descriptors were details. So I asked for extra videos. Which he sent immediately, complete with more detailed information about each pearl. So I bought 2 rounds, not expecting much as I know pearls can often fall flat in less than ideal lighting. And then, just because I was feeling sorry for myself due to all the cancelled travel of 2020, I asked him to include his best 25 circled pearls, and offered to pay a premium. 3 days go by, and UPS had managed to deliver from Japan to Switzerland. Opened the box, full of apprehension. And this is what I saw.
20201221_122047.jpg

I mean, seriously, those colors are crazy bright. I thought they were dyed. They aren't.

I still haven't decided what to do with them. But have taken many, many photos.

I think I prefer the circles to the rounds, especially considering the price difference. I have never seen pearls with this much color IRL, not even in the VERY high end stores here in Geneva. I have been taking them shop to shop to compare. They have put all but the priciest pearls to shame on the color front. But again, circles are not very common here so it was an apples to oranges situation.

Yes, they are small, but who needs size when they seem to glow even at night, outside, in December.
20210101_121813.jpg

They grey out in very bright elevator lighting, but still have a hint of color.
20201224_171650.jpg

And because @MakingTheGrade has posted lovely photos of her pearls, modeled by Shale. I had a disastrous photoshoot with my less than professional fatcat.

20201224_175841.jpg
20201224_175917.jpg

Pics of my macgyver level diy. It is all so horrifically clobbered together. But with all my jewellers closed until the 12th, this is how I have been wearing them!
20201224_212912.jpg 20201229_161145.jpg

So now, the dilema is do I add other pearls to the mix, stones, and what color gold. So the long suffering partner has been asked to come evaluate all sorts of permutations. This is today's.

20210101_123114.jpg

I have decided that I also need one more round, to make a trio of different sized and colored pearls to put into a mega necklace... this is all PS's fault. I used to think pearls were stuffy and formal.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fab! It is trick of the lighting or are the 'greeny' pearls in your last picture really that greeny! ('really greeny' being a technical term, honest). I love the colours.
Yes! actually they are really that greeny when it is medium indirect light, and really stand out as the brightest under those conditions. We have the same pearl vocabulary! :lol: But, the blue turquoises are the ones that are most consistently awesome regardless of light conditions, with the greens a close second. And the gold/bronze/sunset/pinks, while not my favorite as standalones, are good contrast to the blue greens, and make them pop more. I had tried putting all the blue greens together, but I prefer them scattered a bit.

20210101_142708.jpg

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
These are great! I love them so much I tried to find PearlsOfJapan on Etsy. Can you post a link? I could not find them. They are so fun as bracelets, just to look at and ponder their beauty in different lights. Geneva as a backdrop/background to your photos, just wow.
And, of course, your cat is adorable in pearls.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are great! I love them so much I tried to find PearlsOfJapan on Etsy. Can you post a link? I could not find them. They are so fun as bracelets, just to look at and ponder their beauty in different lights. Geneva as a backdrop/background to your photos, just wow.
And, of course, your cat is adorable in pearls.

Yes the fact that they are always changing, even just rotating your wrist, is super fun.

Here is the seller. If you message him with what you want, he is super responsive.

Pearlsofjapan

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore these!!! The colors are amazing

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic overtones on those pearls!
I love circled pearls too. :razz:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful colors! They look great with the rose gold and the green faceted stones.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh those colors and luster. Marvelous, just marvelous! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! actually they are really that greeny when it is medium indirect light, and really stand out as the brightest under those conditions. We have the same pearl vocabulary! :lol: But, the blue turquoises are the ones that are most consistently awesome regardless of light conditions, with the greens a close second. And the gold/bronze/sunset/pinks, while not my favorite as standalones, are good contrast to the blue greens, and make them pop more. I had tried putting all the blue greens together, but I prefer them scattered a bit.

20210101_142708.jpg
Ohhh.
New pics.
I want your pearls.

Anyone who’s idiot enough to think less of baroques and circles because they aren’t #RoundOrTryingToBeRound - just needs a quick look at this thread.
Ain’t never gonna find rounds as colourful as these.
Ever.

Have I mentioned that I want your pearls?

I’m thinking you might really need to buy another bunch from the next lot that Pearls of Japan gets in, to finish the necklace...

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing!

Yeah definitely stay away from elevators -- no first dates, job interviews, business meetings... =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results