shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve never...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
What''s something you''ve never done that you wish you could or that you have no interest in trying even though it''s a common thing?

I''ve always wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle. I never have and never will (my husband is terrified I''ll break my neck, I tend to be clumsy).

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I"ve never gone sky diving (and I''ve never wanted to). I did, however go parasailing in February though. That was scary enough!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I've never gone sky diving, and probably never will.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:16:56 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I''ve never gone sky diving (and I''ve never wanted to). I did, however go parasailing in February though. That was scary enough!
Parasailing is so fun. I''ve never gone skydiving either.

I''ve never lived in the snow.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
never ate a Micky D''s hamburger.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had a drivers license. Grew up in NYC...no need to drive. We have a car but I''m too much of a chicken to learn how to drive. I''ve tried driving ONCE..and it was pure hell for me

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shot a gun. I might learn, though, at some point. I think I''d be good at target shooting, just for fun.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no interest in learning to ski or snowboard. I''m not a fan of being cold and wet.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:30:31 PM
Author: monarch64
shot a gun. I might learn, though, at some point. I think I''d be good at target shooting, just for fun.
I''ve thought about doing this on a milestone birthday like my 50th birthday - you know, something I''ve never done before and most likely would never do again.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:26:26 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 7/7/2009 2:16:56 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I''ve never gone sky diving (and I''ve never wanted to). I did, however go parasailing in February though. That was scary enough!
Parasailing is so fun. I''ve never gone skydiving either.

I''ve never lived in the snow.
I was panicked at the time, but when we got back on the boat, I asked my sister if she wanted to do it again. She just laughed at me because not two minutes before, I had been screaming that I wanted to get down.
3.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I''d never go to a nudist beach. It could ruin my Baywatch memories forever...
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
So far I''ve done every single thing that is listed above me.

The one thing I haven''t done yet (and I think is somewhat common) is scuba in the ocean. I imagine I''ll get around to it eventually.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:20:42 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I''ve never gone sky diving, and probably never will.

I feel the same way. My DH did it once, and he wants to do it again with me.
40.gif
. I don''t think I could ever do something like that.
38.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''ve gone skydiving, skied a lot, shot a gun and found it surprisingly satisfying (.22 at a firing range, and I''m a better shot than my husband!). I''m surprised at how many people would never go skydiving. It''s really thrilling, and I''d definitely do it again!

I also have no desire to ride a motorcycle (working at a trauma center will erase any desire for that right away), get a tattoo or piercing other than my ears, or try any drugs other than caffeine.

I definitely would like to parasail! And SCUBA dive.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I''ve done most of what has been listed--been skydiving, have tattoos, skiied quite a bit, shoot guns frequently and ride motorcycles any chance I get. I envy DF and wish I could say the same on that one.
3.gif

Scuba and parasailing are possibilities in the future. Nudist beach, not a chance!

In general, if there was something I wanted to try, I found a way to make it happen.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 3:48:16 PM
Author: gaby06

Date: 7/7/2009 2:20:42 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I''ve never gone sky diving, and probably never will.

I feel the same way. My DH did it once, and he wants to do it again with me.
40.gif
. I don''t think I could ever do something like that.
38.gif

I''d like to... but I don''t think I''d have the guts.
32.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 2:54:13 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
I''d never go to a nudist beach. It could ruin my Baywatch memories forever...
9.gif
Ha ha ha! Good one!

I''ve been to both topless and nudist beaches (total of 3--it wasn''t a habit or anything), and you see everything from hot to not. I wouldn''t say I''m a better person for having gone, but at least it''s something in life I can say I did.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never done most of the things listed above me
3.gif
. But I don''t think I would want to.

The one thing most of my friends have done and are surprised I haven''t is gone skiing. I''ve never been skiing, although I''ve never really wanted to. I think it looks fun, but I know a lot of people who have gotten seriously hurt skiing and it just scares me to think about all of them.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
one thing i''ve done which most people have never tried is skied down a slope backwards.

this was not intentional.

it''s not my intention to do it again.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never gone skydiving, parasailing, scuba diving, no nudist beach, and no plans for the future for these activities. I have shot guns before and was pretty good. Oh, and don''t know how to ride a motorcycle..tho I do have several tattoos and plans for several more! That''s about as wild as I get.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I've never sky dived and I really want to! It's kind of expensive which has put me off ... but some day I'll do it!

ETA: I just read a few other posts and realized many people haven't done it and don't want to! Haha. I loooove heights and things like that, so I'm pretty sure I would love it.

On the subject of flights, I would love to learn to fly a plane. I have a very tiny regional airport 5 min from my house (only private planes, charters, etc) and I would love to take flying lessons there. It's such an expensive hobby and my expensive horse hobby comes first, so I don't see that happening.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey,where are all these nudist beaches you guys are talking about??
wowzer.gif
don''t think that''s legal in Ca.
7.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 6:44:04 PM
Author: elrohwen
I''ve never sky dived and I really want to! It''s kind of expensive which has put me off ... but some day I''ll do it!

ETA: I just read a few other posts and realized many people haven''t done it and don''t want to! Haha. I loooove heights and things like that, so I''m pretty sure I would love it.

On the subject of flights, I would love to learn to fly a plane. I have a very tiny regional airport 5 min from my house (only private planes, charters, etc) and I would love to take flying lessons there. It''s such an expensive hobby and my expensive horse hobby comes first, so I don''t see that happening.
i used to have the same problem.
39.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been sky diving, and I have no desire to try it. I have been rock climbing, and repelling, both of which I love. There''s something about being connected to all those ropes that makes me feel more secure.

I have shot a gun. I learned how to shoot on a trip to the Middle East when I spent one week training with the Israeli army. I won a little award for being the best shot during target practice with the M16 rifles.
12.gif
I''ll probably never shoot a gun again, though.

I''ve never eaten lox, which is something that shocks pretty much anyone I tell because, well, I''m Jewish and we love our lox and bagels. I just have no desire.

I''ve never been to a pro football game, which is something I''d really like to do. (I''ve been to TONS of college football games, though, and more HS games than I''d like to admit.)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 7:18:18 PM
Author: Haven

I've never been to a pro football game, which is something I'd really like to do. (I've been to TONS of college football games, though, and more HS games than I'd like to admit.)
We've done a few pro-football games, including the playoffs a few years back when the Seahawks were playing. It was out of control. Loud and everyone was plastered. I don't think that I'd ever make an attempt to buy tickets, but my DH sprung them on me!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never had anything pierced, and I guess I feel I''m a bit old (25) for it now. But, I suppose if I ever want a pair of those lovely ear bobs some of you ladies have, I may consider it.
5.gif

I''ve never driven a stick shift, and hope I never have to.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 5:54:17 PM
Author: whitby_2773
one thing i''ve done which most people have never tried is skied down a slope backwards.

LOL whitby! Did you make it down without falling?

One thing I want to do sometime in my life is learn to play the piano. I have always wanted to, my husband plays beautiful (all by ear), and I hope he can teach me!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 6:51:35 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
hey,where are all these nudist beaches you guys are talking about??
wowzer.gif
don't think that's legal in Ca.
7.gif

Sandy Hook, NJ, and it ain't pretty.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 8:32:50 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Date: 7/7/2009 5:54:17 PM

Author: whitby_2773

LOL whitby! Did you make it down without falling?

One thing I want to do sometime in my life is learn to play the piano. I have always wanted to, my husband plays beautiful (all by ear), and I hope he can teach me!

ooooh monkey! it was HUMILIATING.

i was on a weekend away with a group of friends and i was keen on this young man (who was in fact a part time male model, so think ''hyper good looking''). he and i were kind of hanging out together and i had never been skiing before, so he said he''d give me a hand.

he towed me all the way up a slope and we were laughing and giggling all the way, and we were almost at the top when my pole, which was wet, just slid out of his hand. i skied a LONG way backward - screaming all the way. the worst part, tho, was that, since i was FACING him, he saw my terrified, distorted ''munch''s scream'' face aaaaalll the way down!

i probably went the best part of 200 ft, gathering speed, before i hit a small child and fell over.

can we say ''uncool''?????

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m determined to get a motorcycle, but lupus has put a dent in my plans. I may end up getting a trike instead since it would be easier for me to ride.

My dream is to have a plot of land, with a modern log cabin on it, and raise miniature horses. I would also love to have a cat sanctuary, especially for black cats, where they can live free from fear and pain.

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results