shape
carat
color
clarity

i''ve lost 8lbs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i posted this in the LIW small talk thread, but i'm so excited to share the news in this forum!
36.gif
this happened over the course of 2 weeks, and i'm hoping it was due to my better eating habits rather than losing water weight.

my eating habits weren't the greatest. i would only occasionally have breakfast, i'm usually serving lunch rather than eating it at work since i'm a daytime manager at a sports bar, but i would always have dinner. sometimes the food i ate was healthy and sometimes it wasn't, but the real kicker was that i always found myself hungry late at night and would eat and snack before i went to bed.
38.gif

nowadays i eat some fresh fruit and low-fat yogurt for breakfast. i still don't eat a full lunch but i do snack on almonds, and instead of soda (although i do have a Diet Coke here and there) i drink a lot more water than i used to throughout the day. for dinner, i usually have grilled or baked chicken paired with a salad, or brown rice, or whole wheat pasta. if i have a salad, i try to put in high fiber items like baby spinach, chick peas, broccoli, beans or avocado to fill me up. apparently, it's worked since i no longer feel like i'm starving before bed. if i do feel a hunger pain coming on, i'll snack on a piece of cheese and that does the trick.

amazingly, i don't feel deprived of anything at all and i've found that i'm eating smaller portions of "bad" food. BF and i went out for burgers last week and i was totally satisfied after only eating half. we also had some Sbarro's pizza last night and i was totally full after eating about 3/4 of a slice. *shrug*

i don't go to the gym, i don't jog and i don't use exercise videos. my "work-outs" happen to be my everyday job duties - serving, bartending, bussing tables, washing glasses, lifting boxes, moving kegs, etc for 9 hours straight. from the time i get out of my car in the morning to the time i get back in to go home, i'm constantly moving on my feet. i read somewhere that waiting tables/bartending/serving food burns an average of 156 calories/hr but i think i burn way more than that. i'm looking into getting a pedometer to track my steps and calories burned, but i'm not sure how to calculate burned-calories for all my other physical activities.

i don't have an exact weight-goal that i'm trying to achieve at the moment, but i really hope that i'll stick with these better eating habits and food choices! i do feel a lot healthier and it's really flattering when people have already noticed a change.
5.gif

ETA - i forgot to mention that i've been using the Lose It! app on my iPhone to help track my calories by recording my food intake and activity levels everyday. it has definitely helped as far as keeping me motivated and staying on track!

roverchic

Rough_Rock
Trade
Congrats!

I know it is difficult when working in a restaurant atmosphere to make healthy choices when it comes to diet.
It sounds as though you are off to a great jump start to weight loss and a healthier lifestyle.
Small changes over time add up quickly. I have read 1-2 pounds of weight loss a week is ideal and expect plateaus as your body gets used to the changes you make (lower calorie diet, workout regime etc).

I haven''t used the iPhone app (but am going to add it this weekend...thanks for the tip). I use Fitday.com, which allows you to log in food, activities and lifestyle...they are probably very similar. I also use Shape.com''s virtual trainer to help me keep my workouts fresh.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats vip! That is so exciting!

You should check out our Body-for-LIFE thread, there are a few of us doing the BFL challenge and sharing recipes and successes and such. You don''t have to do the actual challenge to participate, of course, it''s just been a lot of fun to share progress with everyone.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That''s so great! And just goes to show that it''s not about depriving yourself, just making a few healthier choices.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your weight loss, that''s wonderful! Especially working in a sports bar, lots of temptation! I''m very impressed, I have been trying to lose 10 pounds for about 2 years now, and I need to do what you did, start making healthier choices. You are an inspiration!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That is awesome.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats vip!

Keep up the good work!

You''re heading in the right direction by eating healthier meals and snacking on healthy nuts!! Ah, i wish i have your wllpower! =)

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all the lovely replies ladies!

roverchic - when i first started working at the sports bar, it was very difficult for me to maintain healthy food choices. i was constantly surrounded by wings, burgers, steak & cheese subs, etc... nowadays i rarely eat my bar''s food (even though our wings are TDF!), but i guess it''s because i''ve been around it for so long that i don''t crave it as much. i hope you got to try out the iPhone app and thanks for the heads up on those websites!

Haven - thanks so much and i''ll definitely have to check out the thread! i''m always looking for new recipes since grilled/baked chicken can get old after a while. ^_~

kribbie - thank you! i was very pleasantly surprised over how a few healthier substitutions made a world of difference! i did the South Beach Diet several years ago, and i remember those first couple of days in stage 1 of that program was really difficult for me. i really did feel like i was deprived of certain foods, and even though i lost weight after a while, i just couldn''t stick with it. hopefully i''ll be able to continue what i''m doing.

junebug17 - thank you so much for the compliment! i''ve actually been trying to lose weight for a while too, and i think what finally motivated me was that i was tired of not feeling good health-wise and looks-wise. not only that but i had cleaned out my closet not too long ago, and i couldn''t believe how much clothes i had that DIDN''T fit me anymore.
39.gif
one day, i decided to keep a log of my eating habits and after a week i was really shocked over how un-healthy i was eating. i still keep track of my food and it''s been so helpful with keeping me motivated about making better food choices. well that and my lack of clothes so do speak...
25.gif
2.gif

marcyc and cindygenit - thank you!!! you guys are so sweet!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
hey that is awesome!
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hooray for your accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay that is so awesome!!! kudos!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! That''s wonderful. It is just so HARD to loose weight but it sounds like you''re doing it the right way!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
THAT IS AWESOME, and what a cool app for the phone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results