shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve got fooled by the jeweler she sold me pt950 setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stevelada

Rough_Rock
and said that it was pt950. I didi not know at th time. Is pt900 has a sagnificant price difference compared to pt950.

Thanks.

stevelada

Rough_Rock
I meant to say that she sold me pt900 for pt950.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is a less platinum in 900 purity than 950 purity.
The difference from 1000 pure platinum is 5% less platinum in 900 than in 950.

This is not a price issue so much as it is an issue of getting what was agreed upon. There are alloy and metal issues which dictate the use of 900 purity sometimes versus 950, but if 950 was agreed upon, then that is what you ought to have received.

Obviously there was no criminal inent if the item is clearly stamped 900. It is more an unfortunate error with little or no consequence other than the retailer has lost your confidence. That, in itself, is rather tragic.

What can be done? Remake the piece? Re-stamp it? Adjust the price a tiny amount? Decide what makes you happy and ask for an adjustment that fits your personality and makes it "better".

stevelada

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I sure did lost confidence with that seller. But I still have to comeback to him to set my diamond.

pelepup

Rough_Rock
It may have just been a mistake. Since your diamond has not been set yet, you should talk to your jeweler and have him/her get you the setting you agreed upon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results