shape
carat
color
clarity

Ivanka Trump''s Wedding Dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
I love Ivanka Trump''s dress!
30.gif
It is a gorgeous lace gown...with sleeves! As someone who has started dress shopping and feels a little shy about going strapless, I feel a sense of relief. A beautiful dress that provides coverage without looking dowdy! Simply fabulous
36.gif

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/the-ivanka-factor

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/ivanka_trump_weds_jared_kushner_UfPMwswZq6B6NJJ39UhmdI?photo_num=1

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
What a magnificent dress!! WOW!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning. I saw a few clips on t.v. last week and I melted. Gorgeous flowing lace dress. Yummy.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not totally in love with the neckline, but everything else about it is just GORGEOUS! :sigh: I think sleeves are so classic, timeless, and always stunning. I really wish there were more gowns available with sleeves, especially 3/4 length.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure it would flatter me well, but it sure looks great on her!! I didn''t realize she was converting...

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Love the dress! I think it is classic and different than every other dress out there!

I''m not totally in love with the neckline, but everything else about it is just GORGEOUS! :sigh: I think sleeves are so classic, timeless, and always stunning. I really wish there were more gowns available with sleeves, especially 3/4 length.

The funny thing is that in the comments section, there were a ton of people who repeated Pinky''s comment that they wished there were more dresses with sleeves out there!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
wow. that dress is so elegant! it''s making me think i should get a sleeved gown too!
30.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Everything about Ivana Trump is just class. From her wardrobe to her work ethic to how she handles herself compared to her counterparts (Paris Hilton).

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
My dress has sleeves too, I feel trendy now. If I hadn''t bought mine already I would be marching to the vera wang boutique and looking for that dress. I may try to copy Ivanka''s hair and makeup though. I think its stunning and loved that her hair didn''t take away from the back of the dress even though she wore it down.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have a link to a better photo of the dress?

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 9:59:23 AM
Author: lulu
Does anyone have a link to a better photo of the dress?

i found this: Ivanka Trump Wedding

it''s the same photos but at least it''s larger in size. i didn''t notice the back detailing until i saw it from here - i''m totally LOVING THIS GOWN!!! (uh-oh.....)

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I love her dress as well. I also wish there are more dress with sleeve out there.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it; it is so BEAUTIFUL and classic! I really really love this dress
30.gif
30.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I''m not an Ivanka fan, but had to admit that was a beautiful dress. Don''t think it would look the same on me though!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 9:26:27 AM
Author: february2003bride
Everything about Ivana Trump is just class. From her wardrobe to her work ethic to how she handles herself compared to her counterparts (Paris Hilton).

I agree. She looks just beautiful on her wedding day as well-so elegant.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
She looks gorgeous. Not only the dress, her makeup looks amazing!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s fabulous. I wish all the little socialite girls would take a clue from her.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 1:56:33 PM
Author: neatfreak
She''s fabulous. I wish all the little socialite girls would take a clue from her.
Ditto. From what I''ve seen, she always looks classy and respectable. She''s also well spoken and has a solid work ethic. Her parents must have done something right!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 2:10:25 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Ditto. From what I''ve seen, she always looks classy and respectable. She''s also well spoken and has a solid work ethic. Her parents must have done something right!
+1, she has always impressed me. Very classy chick! I hope she has a long and wonderful marriage!

I''m not sure I would do sleeves per se, but my mom''s dress had sleeves and a high neck... I thought about getting a high necked gown to pay homage to her dress. I couldn''t fit into her dress unless I starved myself or put it on a medieval stretcher!
3.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 2:10:25 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Yup. I have to say I am NOT a fan of Donald Trump but they did something right with her!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Love love love love love it!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love her dress. She''s got such execellent taste. I adore her!! I just bought her book for my DD who will be in the same business. I think she''s such a class act.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Cleo- thanks for the bigger picture. I love that dress. Also glad the Donald and Barbara are friends again. lol

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress. I hope it does start a trend. I personally do not like the way strapless looks on me and I feel like that is really all that is out there.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a stunning dress! Ivanka Trump is absolutely gorgeous...she must take after her mother!
2.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Donald and Ivanna certainly raised a smart, gracious young woman. I''m sure they are very proud of her.
I loved her dress. I read she wanted to be covered up a bit more. But can anyone tell how the sleeves
are finished? Is that a raw edge on the sleeve?
Beautiful bride.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom, sba771, joelly and LtlFirecracker--Amen!

I read the follow article about "sleeve lust" http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/10/will_ivanka_trumps_wedding_dre.html and thought it is about time
9.gif
. Seeing a fashion-forward person like Ivanka in sleeves was refreshing. I understand there were religious considerations involved, but that dress sure didn''t sacrifice any style by adding sleeves. New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn called the dress a "fresh statement."
36.gif

Bebe, you know, I have been wondering the same thing about finishing on the sleeves. Any type of edging would show.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Devine--very refreshing! Ivanka appears to be a gal with sense and sensibility--and style!

cheers--Sharon

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 12:28:20 PM
Author: AnitaT

I read the follow article about ''sleeve lust'' http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/10/will_ivanka_trumps_wedding_dre.html and thought it is about time
9.gif
. Seeing a fashion-forward person like Ivanka in sleeves was refreshing. I understand there were religious considerations involved, but that dress sure didn''t sacrifice any style by adding sleeves. New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn called the dress a ''fresh statement.''
36.gif

Bebe, you know, I have been wondering the same thing about finishing on the sleeves. Any type of edging would show.
That is an interesting piece. My dress is in this thread, it is the same dress that the singer Lea Salonga wore at her wedding which I believe was also modest for religious reasons.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/share-your-wedding-dress-please.124929/ I am going to send my future sister in law that article because she and my brother are having a HUGE fight about it right now. She doesn''t need sleeves per say, but for the rabbi who is doing the wedding he requires a level of modesty for the ceremony and right now she is refusing. Maybe this will help. I also know Priscilla of Boston has certain dresses that you can modify and add sleeves to which is a nice thing.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 2:14:58 PM
Author: sba771
Date: 10/31/2009 12:28:20 PM

Author: AnitaT

I read the follow article about ''sleeve lust'' http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/10/will_ivanka_trumps_wedding_dre.html and thought it is about time
9.gif
. Seeing a fashion-forward person like Ivanka in sleeves was refreshing. I understand there were religious considerations involved, but that dress sure didn''t sacrifice any style by adding sleeves. New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn called the dress a ''fresh statement.''
36.gif

That is an interesting piece. My dress is in this thread, it is the same dress that the singer Lea Salonga wore at her wedding which I believe was also modest for religious reasons.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/share-your-wedding-dress-please.124929/ I am going to send my future sister in law that article because she and my brother are having a HUGE fight about it right now. She doesn''t need sleeves per say, but for the rabbi who is doing the wedding he requires a level of modesty for the ceremony and right now she is refusing. Maybe this will help. I also know Priscilla of Boston has certain dresses that you can modify and add sleeves to which is a nice thing.

hey sb: just out of curiosity - you Pinay too? I love Lea Salonga!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results