shape
carat
color
clarity

Itty,bitty, Alex''s worth appraising?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leanne

Shiny_Rock
As many of you know, I''m heading to an appraiser soon. I''ve got a necklace with a .20 natural Alexandrite with good color change & ring with a .30 Alexandrite with pretty good color change. I doubt that they are AAA quality but they are nice. Do any of you know how much they might be worth? They are both lightly included.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

On the retail level the price per carat in the good range for that size stone ranges from $1,000 to $4,000 per carat. Can't pin point it anymore than that without seeing the stone.

Cindy

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Can you post a picture of your necklace? I would love to see it, I can' even imagine by description what you're talking about.

gemsource

Rough_Rock
#1 price factor what shades are the color change and how drastic?i just read a thind on that where a 3 carat alex sold for 40,000 due to the color size and color change shades.also it said some alex is actually color change chrysollberyll still rare but not as expensive as alex i will see about finding that article.

gemsource

Rough_Rock
i have paid around $800 a carat for small stones .25-.33 ct actually only size ive ever had.i purchesed them through a wholesaler in ny

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results