shape
carat
color
clarity

Itty antique asschers arriving!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered a suite of 3mm antique asschers from JuliaB on etsy through her alternate store (ClassiqueMoissanite) in early June to be custom cut and she shipped them out earlier this week!

She didn't get any pictures in the sun, but she did manage to send me a picture side by side with some french cuts.

2018-07-11 09.05.44.png

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh now that is super exciting! They look gorgeous. What are you going to do with them?

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Are you going to set them with her? they are stunning, maybe i should buy some.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I received them last night!

When I had initially approached Julia about the 3mm size, she didn't recommend them as the smallest she'd seen previously was the 4mm and she had been concerned about resolution of the facets. Despite her suggestion, I opted for the 3mms as I have short fingers and didn't want to overwhelm them. I will post pictures later today in the sun and more indoors.

@foxinsox @crystalinmke Julia was very generous to offer me a discount to set them with her (as she didn't have previous pictures of small asschers in a band), but my previous project with DK went so seamlessly, I decided to go with him.

Ever since I saw the gorgeous band that @acaw2015 owns, it's called my name. So my primary goal is a 5 or 7 stone band with triangle prongs. I asked DK if I could still get the triangle prongs with a trellis.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ever since I saw the gorgeous band that @acaw2015 owns, it's called my name. So my primary goal is a 5 or 7 stone band with triangle prongs. I asked DK if I could still get the triangle prongs with a trellis.
OMG this is my favourite band and I am officially green with envy. You’re doing YG right like the original perfection?

Sharing photos of it cos who doesn’t love seeing this again?
B48C650A-0B2B-4467-AFE1-1625A6F7D493.jpeg D40D3BDE-551B-490F-9690-D7BCA7014FEA.jpeg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
OMG this is my favourite band and I am officially green with envy. You’re doing YG right like the original perfection?

I believe the original band is red gold, I'm thinking I'll ask Amy to take pictures of the stones next to a couple colors. I've been loving all the recent yellow gold additions.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe the original band is red gold, I'm thinking I'll ask Amy to take pictures of the stones next to a couple colors. I've been loving all the recent yellow gold additions.
I think you’re right. Still totally perfect in any colour

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg I am so flattered, not sure what to say! Thank you! :appl::oops:

Yes, my band is in red gold 18 k, but it is not very noticably different than YG really. I think it would be lovely in any color! I also think it sounds great with a trellis, if it is possible. As always, make sure that the setting design makes it possible to clean the stones... and please post lots of pics when it is finished. :appl::wavey:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and my asschers are also 3 mm, 0.11 ct each, but nine stones in total. So you should get *almost* the same look! I am very exited to see your finished ring!!

Eta, not sure why the pics are so blurry...

IMG_0129.JPG IMG_0090.JPG 20180307_135509.jpg 20180307_135439.jpg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and my asschers are also 3 mm, 0.11 ct each, but nine stones in total. So you should get *almost* the same look!

I counted the number of stones in your band when I was deciding how many to order :oops:

What is your ring size?

Attachments

• 20180712_153922.jpg
    20180712_153922.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180712_154150.jpg
    20180712_154150.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 28

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I know I promised pictures, but my camera couldn't focus, which was just the excuse I needed to order a lens set for my phone....

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I counted the number of stones in your band when I was deciding how many to order :oops:

What is your ring size?

Oh! Next time ping me. ;)2:loopy::wavey:

The ring is size 6, but my finger size has changed 6-4-7 between pregnancies. I am still "recovering" from twins and this is the only ring I can wear atm! I think the gold band that I wear with the asscher band is 4.5 in the pictures if it would make any sense for you to compare sizes.

Eta, when I come to think about it the gold band has changed sizes two or three times and I am not sure re the pictures which is which.. So please ignore that last comment re comparing sizes!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
So the first set of CADs came in today from DK and I'm not sure if there's any edits I missed.
1st set of CADS:
Klass_5stone.jpg

I think my main issue is the height of the stones and height of the shank going up to the stones. I'm picturing a 5 stone a little closer to Rosebloom's beautiful 5 stone for the profile.
Roseblooms.jpg
I sent him a couple of (badly) photoshopped pictures that added up to:
Klass_5stone_rev1_fix.jpg
Anything else that stands out to anyone else? I'm having trouble mixing the geometric and flowy aspects of the setting inspirations.

Paging @Niel as she's amazing at CADs.

Attachments

• Klass_5stone_rev1_fix.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 26

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it was @Wink who had an amazing trellis ring made up for someone recently, but I can't think who it was and there is no Gallery section on the HPD site at the moment!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m inclined to agree with you that the main issue is the juxtaposition of the curved from the setting and strait lines of the step cuts.

I am not sure that I am sold on this design for those stones. If this is what you’re sticking with though I do like them lowered

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful!! Can’t wait to see the final product when it’s finished!! Please do keep sharing all of your updates, and as soon as you can, we want to see hand shots from every angle!!!
I am also creating a Bespoke piece with seven vintage cut Asscher diamonds for an anniversary band that I purchased through GemConcepts.
I will be setting that project into motion sometime, next year. Mine will be in a U-prong setting.
As far as your images go I happen to agree with @Niel: I like the stones lower, and more spread out.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
@Matthews1127 can you expand a bit more on the "spread out" part of your comment? I've been eagerly anticipating your band to be made!

@Niel thanks for the advice!

I think with the modifications, I'll love it from the profile. I'm not sure about top down, the triangle prongs might be too large right now; I'll have to confirm with DK that the prongs will be more proportional, which might have to wait until he gets the stones.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the first set of CADs came in today from DK and I'm not sure if there's any edits I missed.
1st set of CADS:
Klass_5stone.jpg

I think my main issue is the height of the stones and height of the shank going up to the stones. I'm picturing a 5 stone a little closer to Rosebloom's beautiful 5 stone for the profile.
Roseblooms.jpg
I sent him a couple of (badly) photoshopped pictures that added up to:
Anything else that stands out to anyone else? I'm having trouble mixing the geometric and flowy aspects of the setting inspirations.

Paging @Niel as she's amazing at CADs.

If you look at the images above, side by side, the lower set stones seem to cover more ground, and look more cohesive. That will also be more comfortable.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree to have it lowered. For reference, my ring incl setting is 1.9 mm tall/high just like the band. It kind of looks like the stones are cut out from the band. It looks from your cad like that is not what you are after, I simply wanted to clarify... :wavey:

Eta, I am really looking forward to seeing your finished ring! And will admit to being lousy at reading cads so please dont make too much of my comment re the cad!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
For reference, my ring incl setting is 1.9 mm tall/high just like the band.
Thanks for your measurement! I am leaning more towards the stones sitting almost flush with my finger.

After looking at everyone's response and looking at the pictures another couple dozen times, I've also considered widening the shank closer to 3mm. Maybe 2.8mm? I think that will help with the design integration of the shank to the rest of the ring.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your measurement! I am leaning more towards the stones sitting almost flush with my finger.

After looking at everyone's response and looking at the pictures another couple dozen times, I've also considered widening the shank closer to 3mm. Maybe 2.8mm? I think that will help with the design integration of the shank to the rest of the ring.

My ring is 3 mm wide, same width as the asschers... Adding pictures of my setting, but I will say that like your idea re trellis. With my setting it is hard to completely clean the stones, drives me crazy. It looks clean as long as I dont use a loupe. :lol::loopy: I try my best to allow some dirt! :knockout:

20180721_101425.jpg 20180721_101349.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh it was a good thing I did this, I see now that I should probably have some of the prongs checked. 5 years of every day wear next to another band and I seem to have lost some metal!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
The edits came back really quickly thanks to David and his team!
I hate to ask this question but did I have it lowered too far? Does it look "too squat" now? I feel like Goldilocks right now.
7 stone rev 2.jpg
The updated CAD reflects that the ring will be a 7 stone.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The edits came back really quickly thanks to David and his team!
I hate to ask this question but did I have it lowered too far? Does it look "too squat" now? I feel like Goldilocks right now.
7 stone rev 2.jpg
The updated CAD reflects that the ring will be a 7 stone.

This looks perfect! That will be so comfortable!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I talk it out with Amy yesterday after staring at the CADs for what seems like hours on end. I ended up asking her to raise it a tad and to tuck the trellis below the stones a bit as it was poking out the sides (rev 2, top left corner).
I am overjoyed to say I approved the CADs:
7stone_rev 3.jpg
I think this revision maintains the trellis beautifully.
Now I'm just waiting to see if they have different gold pictures to decide between "Antique gold" and 14k gold.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talk it out with Amy yesterday after staring at the CADs for what seems like hours on end. I ended up asking her to raise it a tad and to tuck the trellis below the stones a bit as it was poking out the sides (rev 2, top left corner).
I am overjoyed to say I approved the CADs:
7stone_rev 3.jpg
I think this revision maintains the trellis beautifully.
Now I'm just waiting to see if they have different gold pictures to decide between "Antique gold" and 14k gold.

It’s all coming together!!! I can’t wait!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results