shape
carat
color
clarity

Itsy bitsy Emeralds

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Since one is never enough I am having a band made with emeralds to wear with my ER. Does anyone see any glaring issues with any of the 3 emeralds below? They are Brazilian and 4.6mm 4.8mm and 4.6mm for now. Sako is going to trim them and may possibly recut them to french cuts if we get that far.
My ER emeralds are lighter than most I wasn't looking for super blue green.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
They are pretty. One has more glow than the other two. Or at least the photo does.

How much loss in size would french cut result?

They would be very pretty that way, but the size may be a good loss.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
They are pretty. One has more glow than the other two. Or at least the photo does.

How much loss in size would french cut result?

They would be very pretty that way, but the size may be a good loss.

Yeah , I think that is glow not just the photo. It also has a little dark spot but I can live with that.

I'm expecting a significant loss of size if we go that way. That said since this is a band I'm ok with keeping it slimmer. He said he had to trim regardless, and the smaller ones would have to be tapered to fit the setting.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your emeralds are very lovely! Not an expert by any means, but is the one on the farthest right of the picture going to be in that position? I ask because its the one that's noticeably the most light out of all of them. If he cuts to another shape, the biggest thing to worry about is what that's going to do with the saturation of these stones and how well they'll end up matching to each other, because if you like this color now, you might not want to do anything because it will likely change.

You have to decide if you're OK with that. IMO I would look for the stones in my preferred shape first instead of trying to fit a square peg into a triangular hole.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Just curious what happened with this project? The idea of that band seems so lovely! I stumbled across this during a Sako search :)

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious what happened with this project? The idea of that band seems so lovely! I stumbled across this during a Sako search :)

I would also love to know how things turned out, the emeralds were lovely and I'm sure the band would have been quite the eye catcher.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes @CSpan
I know you’ve posted pics of this beauty elsewhere on PS..
But more here would be lovely :love:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Mea culpa! I am remiss! I can update here or do another thread.

It was a long process for sure sure but quite a bit of that was on me. I got the ring in September? It was a nice Covid project to be fair and I enjoy chatting with Sako so that was fun.

20200920_150113.jpg 20200920_150426.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! And glowy! :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fab!

It was a long process for sure sure but quite a bit of that was on me. I got the ring in September? It was a nice Covid project to be fair and I enjoy chatting with Sako so that was fun.

It turned out so well! And the emeralds are so glowy and well-matched.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out so well! And the emeralds are so glowy and well-matched.

There is a good reason for that! They all came from a single pear cut (which had to be HUGE) that the gem doctor (Sako's Dad) was cutting for a pair of earrings. One pear broke and these stones were cut from the broken stone.

Not sure what became of the earrings or the other pear.

I realize I have no idea what their carat weight is or if they were treated but they glow so much and are just gorgeous. Sadly, my ER halo is pretty pale in comparison.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
SO lovely and glowy!!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really really like those emeralds and what you've done with them.
Also, IMO cut of the diamonds compliments the emeralds well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Itsty bitsy emeralds give a huge color punch!! Awesome ring!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock

That is STUNNING! Give us all the details!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all!

@kenny yeah they have grown on me. Although compared to the neon when the sun hit the emeralds you almost don't see the diamonds.

@T L I'm forever in awe of your glowing collection.

@kimberlyqkim I just did another post with all the details (far too many I'm sure)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results