shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s on hold...Do I pull the trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

annadragon

Shiny_Rock
1.43 H VS2 Round Brilliant

From the GIA report:
Table: 57%
Depth: 62.3%
Crown angle: 35.5
Pavillion angle: 40.6
HCA: 1.5
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Medium Fluoro which according to the JA rep does not cause any haziness or oily appearance.

The price is really fantastic, but that makes me concerned that I am missing something.
I attached the IS (hope it shows up)

Thanks,
Anna

1179371.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good. I would ask about the slight leakage showing, to see if it''s noticeable performance wise, but I imagine not.

I would also ask if it''s nice and bright, the cut "might" lend itself to a tad less brilliance, but may make up for that in fire.

annadragon

Shiny_Rock
Ellen,
Is the leakage you are referring to on the left side about 10 o''clock? I noticed that as well.
I thought I had done my reading but I am missing something about your "cut may lend to less brilliance" comment. What about the numbers or the IS image indicates this?

I''m not 100% committed to this diamond, but the price is pretty outstanding.
Thanks for your input:)

Anna

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:38:24 AM
Author: annadragon
Ellen,
Is the leakage you are referring to on the left side about 10 o''clock? I noticed that as well.
I thought I had done my reading but I am missing something about your ''cut may lend to less brilliance'' comment. What about the numbers or the IS image indicates this?

I''m not 100% committed to this diamond, but the price is pretty outstanding.
Thanks for your input:)

Anna
Yes, that''s it. I doubt it will be affecting the stone, but one should always ask. ;-)

This particular diamond has a higher crown angle than a near tolk diamond. Now that doesn''t make it "bad", just may make it a bit different. The numbers are close to what we''d call a FIC-Fiery Ideal Cut.The IS does look good, but one can have 3 IS pics that look good, and yet the "personality" of them can all be different, according to their angles.

Maybe this link will help clarify!

http://www.diamond-cut.com.au/23_bicfic.htm

And you''re welcome!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto all Ellen''s advice.

annadragon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the link, Ellen. I had overlooked the crown angle as the factor. I didn''t request a Sarin report, but might now just in case.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results