shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s official!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, last night we got engaged and I couldn''t be more giddy!!! I have a big exam this weekend and all I do is daydream about my new Fiance (almost said boyfriend).

He went home this weekend to see his family, have a going away party, and for father''s day. He wanted to do it before so that we could go home and surprise our families and friends with an engagement when all of our friends and family are together. They aren''t expecting me at home, so it will be quite the surprise!

Around 8pm or so we headed out for our date night last night. First we went for a walk near the ocean, and then on the pier. He got a little quiet and kept looking up at the ferris wheel. He said a couple of times, "huh the ferris wheel isn''t working." I didn''t think about it at first, but then I knew he was going to do it. He was planning on proposing at the top of the ferris wheel facing the ocean, but it wasn''t running! Instead, he pulled me off to the side where it was quiet and private. He said the sweetest things, unplanned and from the heart, I cried, and then he got on one knee and asked me if I would marry him. I said yes and then I kept crying for a little while while we hugged. Then we took goofy pictures on the pier.

I think it''s actually kind of cute that the ferris wheel wasn''t working, something we will remember. He said he even looked it up on the website to make sure it was still open at that time...and then it wasn''t working, poor guy!

Afterwards we went to this nice steakhouse and had an amazing meal together. I''m sorry if I am affending any vegitarians, but we both loooove a good steak. This restaurant has a 36 dry aged NY strip that was to die for!!! We both stuffed ourselves and were so content and silly happy. We just kept looking at each other the rest of the night.

I couldn''t be happier!!! I''m trying my best to buckle down and do my exams, but man it''s tough. I''m also very excited to go home and surprise all of my friends and family at the party. They aren''t expecting me to come home, so it really will be a surprise for them!!! I also can''t stop thinking about how much I love my man.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you want to see pics...here it is!!!

pic111.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
another

pic222.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
another

pic333.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
some more

pic444.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
some more

pic666.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
another

pic777.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one

pic888.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Yay! congratulations Kcours!!! beautiful ring :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamond was purchased about four months ago and here are the general specs:

radiant
6.29*4.97*3.01
.74 carat
F
VVS2
from Dirt Cheap Diamonds Signature Series

The setting is a split shank style with about .22 carats together and the bands are 1.3mm each. The setting was from a local B&M, and was pretty inexpensive because it was only semi-custom, meaning they just took parts they already had and put them together instead of completely custom.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks sunkist, it''s wonderful to be engaged!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oh congratulations! Yippee! How cute about the ferris wheel! Good luck on those exams and have a great time surprising people! What a stunner!

wonderfultimes

Rough_Rock
Nice & delicate. Beautiful ring. Were you involved in the process of buying the ring?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! Congrats on your engagement! You really should start a thread on Show me the ring. It would be a crime for the rest of PS to miss viewing that baby.
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2006 7:54:00 AM
Author: allycat0303
How beautiful! Congrats on your engagement! You really should start a thread on Show me the ring. It would be a crime for the rest of PS to miss viewing that baby.
3.gif
Ditto Ally! YUM! Congrats and gorgeous ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Kcourselle,

Congratulations on your engagement! Beautiful ring, too. Delicate and blingy!
30.gif
Good luck on your exams! Get that studying out of the way so you can do nothing but stare at that ring!!! hehe

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! congratulations!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hey! We only got 2 hand pics and neither of them is straight on!
9.gif
Got more pics???
9.gif

Your radiant is beautiful!! It really looks big, I can't believe it's a .74ct. Very nice :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations KC, love your ring. It''s fabu!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW--I love it!! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh, congratulations! How sweet! I love your ring, too.
9.gif
30.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it''s beautiful!! LOVE it! Too bad the ferris wheel was closed, but I''m so bad, my first thought was "good"-- I mean, I can only imagine you being all excited and emotional and dropping the ring off the ferris wheel! ack!
23.gif
2.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif

jen

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys!! It''s so nice to be engaged, after waiting four months with the ring...it''s finally nice to wear it, and to tell people we are getting married!

Wonderfultimes: yes, I was involved...very much so...I picked out everything. He gave me a budget and I included him in the process, but that was about it. He knew I really wanted something specific and I knew a lot more about diamonds than he did.

Allycat and Lorelei: A looong time ago when we bought the ring I started a thread in show me the ring. It''s just be a really long time since we bought the ring and his proposal!!! It''s in there somewhere, there are actually two threads. one with good pics and one with bad pics. I''ll try to dig up the links soon.

Sunkist: Sure, Ill post a couple more!! It probably looks big on me because my ring size is a 4.5 and the bands are less than 2mm which makes the diamond pop I think. The radiant also has really good spread with a 60% depth and a thin girdle. It took me fooooorrever to find a radiant with a good spread. For whatever reason, a lot of them are cut way too deep and look tiny.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple of straight on shots:

pic999.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one of the nicest radiants I have seen on here. Also the setting is lovely.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
another

pic10000.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kaleigh!! It took me a very long time to find a good one with a nice spread...a couple of months. Radiants are tough, but worth it. I''ve gotten a lot of complements on it, but some people think it''s a princess...

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I think I remember your story. Weren''t you waiting for him to move, and then you thought you might have to wait even longer to get the ring? I''m glad he didn''t make you wait any longer! I love the split shank. What kind of wedding band are you thinking of?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup Selkie, that''s my story. He is here now and we are engaged!! Allll of the waiting is over.

I think I might actually skip the wedding band...do you think that will look funny? I think from a distance it looks like two bands anyways, and I would hate to loose the symmetrical look. If I do get a wedding band I would probably wear it on my right hand, or wear my engagement ring on my left and the band on my right. If I got one it might be a very thin band of sapphires or maybe diamonds, not sure. I haven''t given it much thought yet.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
That is one huge, overgrown .74 carat
emwink.gif
. Congrats for your engagement and beatiful ring!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results