shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s official--I am losing my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so BF paid for the ring two weeks ago tomorrow, the jeweler said it will take about six weeks to make, plus the time BF takes to actually propose, AND WAAAAAAAAH!!!!
39.gif
I JUST CANNOT STAND WAITING ANY LONGER! And I know he''s going to make me wait because he wants the actual proposal to be a surprise, so I could be looking at MONTHS OF WAITING here--OH! The horror!

Okay, I actually feel better after a good whine like that.

I know so many of you are and have been in this same situation, but it is really becoming unbearable. And I have pictures of the diamond sitting on top of a semi-mount similar to what my ring will look like, and I''m ashamed to say I open those pictures up every single day! I think I''ll be opening them every day until we are engaged!

I think I am allowing the anticipation to slowly transform me into a diamond obsessed crazy woman! When I''m driving home from work I look at my left hand on the steering wheel and daydream about the day I get to wear "my" ring! Oh, this is so embarrassing to admit!

How do you handle the wait? I contemplated buying myself a blingy bauble, but then I''m just being a spoiled brat!
11.gif

I''ve posted pics in other threads already, but here''s a picture of the stone sitting on top of a shared prong mounting. The actual ring will be a shared prong eternity band with a four prong setting for the cushion, yum!

THESETPS2.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how to shrink the images so they''ll fit on PS without losing all the sharpness in the picture! The diamond looks so much more sparkly in the real photos, but this is at least a good idea of what the ring will look like.

I have a really good handshot, but I can''t get the file small enough to upload.
7.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Is there any way to privately message people here? I''d be happy to crop your picture for you if you can find a way to get it to me.
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Gwen!
9.gif
I don''t think there''s a function like that on the site anymore, unfortunately. You used to be able to PM each other, or something.

I can crop the picture, but the file still exceeds the PS limit. I can''t remember how I did it with my other pictures, but the one I want to post is from my jeweler--he must have taken it at a high resolution or something.

I''ll do a PS search for posting pictures, and hopefully I''ll be able to figure it out.

(I am so avoiding lesson planning for tomorrow by lurking around PS, by the way!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I opened it in Acrobat Pro and there's an option to "reduce file size"--doh!

here goes a try, I hope it's not blurry or HUGE:

Attachments

• HandshotPS.pdf
    30.7 KB · Views: 22

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last try, and then I'm turning in for the night. It's so strange, the last file shows up as downloadable, but it doesn't post in the body of the reply. Hmph.

Sorry for the multiple posts!

ETA: EUREKA! Small, but you FINALLY get the picture! Ha, pun intended.
37.gif

HandshotPS.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 9:22:06 PM
Author:Haven
Okay, so BF paid for the ring two weeks ago tomorrow, the jeweler said it will take about six weeks to make, plus the time BF takes to actually propose, AND WAAAAAAAAH!!!!
39.gif
I JUST CANNOT STAND WAITING ANY LONGER! And I know he''s going to make me wait because he wants the actual proposal to be a surprise, so I could be looking at MONTHS OF WAITING here--OH! The horror!

Okay, I actually feel better after a good whine like that.

I know so many of you are and have been in this same situation, but it is really becoming unbearable. And I have pictures of the diamond sitting on top of a semi-mount similar to what my ring will look like, and I''m ashamed to say I open those pictures up every single day! I think I''ll be opening them every day until we are engaged!

I think I am allowing the anticipation to slowly transform me into a diamond obsessed crazy woman! When I''m driving home from work I look at my left hand on the steering wheel and daydream about the day I get to wear ''my'' ring! Oh, this is so embarrassing to admit!

How do you handle the wait? I contemplated buying myself a blingy bauble, but then I''m just being a spoiled brat!
11.gif

I''ve posted pics in other threads already, but here''s a picture of the stone sitting on top of a shared prong mounting. The actual ring will be a shared prong eternity band with a four prong setting for the cushion, yum!
don''t feel bad, i also look at my hand and dream about having something on it, lol. At least you know your boyfriend has gotten the ring, focus on that. You know that he has taken that humongous giant step and you WILL be engaged. In the meantime, keep looking at those pics and imagining that pretty ring on your hand, whatever helps! During my wait I have bought myself a RHR and some diamond huggy earrings, lol (helps for a lil bit then wears off
5.gif
). Hope you get it soon so you can post lotsa pics!!!
1.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Haven!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Holy finger coverage!!!!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you kidding! Is that your e-ring?

Gosh, 5 years after receiving my e-ring (1.5 RB in plat solitaire setting) I STILL almost have car accidents over staring at it! One of my favorite things to do, to this day, is to sit outside on our patio after work and stare at my ring. It''s sad....but true! I just love it that much, and I didn''t even choose it!
9.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
dang girl! if i knew that ring was coming i''d be going crazy too! it''s gorgeous!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is going to be GORGEOUS!
Good luck with the wait!

(My boyfriend mentioned something about wearing a ringpop if I really want something on my finger
14.gif
)

Btw, your avatar is too cute! What exactly is around your cat''s neck?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t tell you how much your responses cheered this crazy girl up just now! I am sitting in my classroom NOT thinking about the important things like lesson plans and grading papers. NO--I''M THINKING ABOUT THE RING! I may need to be committed very soon.

DMBsgirl--Oooh, huggy earrings, yum! I am so loving the delicate earing jackets that were posted a few weeks ago, too. Both are on my wish list. Thanks for making me feel better about my daydreaming habits! :)

Lucky & Mimzy--Your posts made me laugh out loud!

Monnie--Yup, it WILL be my ering, I am so excited! I''m glad to hear you''re still so in love with your ring, and I don''t think your bonding time on the patio is sad at all, in fact, I''ll probably do the same thing! I''m actualy worried about staring at it while driving . . . I have a tendency to get distracted by shiny things.
9.gif

lysama--My BF said the same thing! He offered to buy me a ring pop, too! My avatar is BF''s little guy, Geddy, wearing an e-collar after surgery. The poor little guy had to wear it for three weeks so he wouldn''t lick himself, and he absolutely hated it. We made sure to take it off and give him tons of good neck scratches all the time. He is the cutest little guy in the world, that Geddy!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
He is a cutie!
Let me know if you find something a little more sufficient than a ring pop to tide you over
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so as of tomorrow the ring was purchased three weeks ago and the jeweler quoted a six week time frame. Half way there!

I haven''t made any jewelry purchases yet, but I have spent a considerable amount of time justifying my new desire for a ten-point eternity band (rather than a matching four-pointer) for my wedding ring. I''m becoming a bling addict--"Hello, my name is Lori and I am addicted to diamonds." There, I''ve said it. Now stop reminding me to call my sponsor every time I want to log on to PS.

Oh, and I''ve become delusional thinking that maybe the jeweler told me it would take longer to make than it truly will so FF will be able to surprise me. I''m seriously creating these ideas in my head to help soothe the wait! Should I begin to fear for my own sanity yet? The wait has made my PS lurking habits go up exponentially, and I''ve added about another ten items to my wish list because of all the browsing I''ve been doing.

Oy vey! I''m not sure if I''m going to make it!

Oh, and confession: I bought my first wedding magazine today. I did. And I really enjoyed reading it. So there.
41.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Haven, you''re too funny! Your ring will be gorgeous and I''m so excited for you. As for questioning your sanity, my mantra has always been:

You''re not insane if you can admit to it!
10.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irish--LOVE the mantra, and if you don''t mind I think I''m going to add that one to my arsenal! Thanks for the good thoughts, I''m a serious wreck here!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
No problem at all my dear. I''m a wreck and our ring hasn''t even been started yet!
3.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful, no WONDER you''re losing your mind!

Don''t worry.. I''m going insane too.. been waiting since February to get this stuff done and overwith, and I also imagine that ring on my finger as I''m driving. I just can''t wait to be engaged to this wonderful man!

Don''t you worry, it''ll come sooner than you think-- just keep your mind off of the actual ''proosal'' and think about your wedding!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Haven - I am in a VERY similar situation to you, except that my ring took nearly 3 months to make. And I know it is still at the jewellers and has to be collected by one future fiance... at least he told them that he would be in to pick it up BY THE END OF AUGUST (he doesn''t work in the city so he has to come in especially... whereas MY office is literally a block away from the store!!)

I am just about going out of my mind. The waiting and the not knowing is just not a situation I am comfortable with. Especially being a Type A, First Born, Capricorn Lawyer... !!!
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results