shape
carat
color
clarity

It's here!!!! Pink diamond arrived!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
OK-so it's really hard to capture this color as it changes dramatically with the light. Sometimes it looks almost white,although GIA lists it as no flourescence. With indoor overhead lighting it sometimes looks true pink and at other times it takes on a dark pink with brown overtones. Leibish was right- it is totally eye clean. In fact I can't even see the feather with a 7x lit low vision scope. It is very sparkly. For those of you who didn't read my other post- it is a .42ct brownish pink diamond.
Soooo- here are some pics! Please tell me what you all think!!

pink diamond showing sparkle.jpg

pink diamond indoor lighting.jpg

pink diamond daylight.jpg

pink with blue diamond.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's very pretty!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!!! it has that chameleon quality of being pink or pale off white depending on lighting AND you can't see the inclusion ---- sounds perfect to me! I don't think the pear shape is that 'wonky' (is that what you described it as on the other thread?) that it would be distracting at all! Love it, enjoy it, mount it and wear it with pride! :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1338821111|3208831 said:
OK-so it's really hard to capture this color as it changes dramatically with the light. Sometimes it looks almost white,although GIA lists it as no flourescence. With indoor overhead lighting it sometimes looks true pink and at other times it takes on a dark pink with brown overtones. Leibish was right- it is totally eye clean. In fact I can't even see the feather with a 7x lit low vision scope. It is very sparkly. For those of you who didn't read my other post- it is a .42ct brownish pink diamond.

Congratulations!
It's lovely, and you are fortunate it also has nice light performance, a real bonus with FCDs.
42 points is a substantial size for a pink diamond.
I'm so happy for you.

I'm glad that you wrote, "it's really hard to capture this color as it changes dramatically with the light. "
I keep saying that and it's nice to hear it from others.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the color. Do you have plans for it?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1338827288|3208903 said:
It's very pretty!!

thank you, athenaworth!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1338827453|3208907 said:
Its beautiful!!! it has that chameleon quality of being pink or pale off white depending on lighting AND you can't see the inclusion ---- sounds perfect to me! I don't think the pear shape is that 'wonky' (is that what you described it as on the other thread?) that it would be distracting at all! Love it, enjoy it, mount it and wear it with pride! :bigsmile:

I keep moving it around to different areas and it looks different wherever I move it! Perhaps "wonky" wasn't the right term. It is quite symetrical to the eye. Here is a profile view which shows the extra thick girdle and kind of odd angles. (Leibish pic) But I DO love it!!!!!

fancy-pink-pear-diamond-20289.7a96e6ad.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1338827769|3208911 said:
pinkjewel|1338821111|3208831 said:

Congratulations!
It's lovely, and you are fortunate it also has nice light performance, a real bonus with FCDs.
42 points is a substantial size for a pink diamond.
I'm so happy for you.

I'm glad that you wrote, "it's really hard to capture this color as it changes dramatically with the light. "
I keep saying that and it's nice to hear it from others.

thank you, Kenny!! You are so right about not only the diamond showing different colors with different light, but it sometimes looks different thru the camera lens and how the photo turns out!! You can see in the first photos where the color is intense that the overhead chandelier was casting yellow light (the white cloth underneath is distinctly yellow!). The blurry out door light was done indoors next to a window- I will have to get an out door picture with direct sunlight (very carefully!!)-LOL the picture with the little blue is how it looks most of the time- which is my favorite hue of all the different ones. I also agree with you that the Leibish photos are very accurate! When I compare the photos they provided with my photo with the little blue- they are almost identical!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Kismet|1338827981|3208912 said:
Very pretty! I love the color. Do you have plans for it?

thank you, Kismit!! I am tossing around ideas-but it will be a ring. I have a gorgeous pear pendant being made from DBL right now. J colored, VVS2 around 3/4ct being set into rose gold (white gold prongs) with pink diamond halo. It should be ready within the next 2 weeks!! So this project will have to wait for awhile.

I could put it in a halo or double halo, but I don't think I want anything quite that traditional for this ring. I am loving some of the designs from Hunt Country Jewelers. Possibly a 5 stone with the pear in the middle, icy white either side(maybe .10size like the blue) and pinks on either end (.05-.08??) All in pink gold- something like this. Not sure if the pink diamond would disappear in this type of setting and would need a white halo to make it stand out. Pear dimensions are 5.24 x 3.77 x 2.93 so it faces up a little small for the .42ct size. Color is Fancy brownish pink. I have also thought of making FCD stackers and could do that with this,also. So many choices!!

3026.jpg

14030.jpg

8_small.jpg

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
:naughty: :love:

Very nice. Great body of color. The brownish modifier definitely helped there while the diamond remained decidedly pink. I can't wait to see what you do with her.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. I also love your idea for bark texture within the ring; it also screams to be set in high k yellow gold to me, with maybe a plat setting right around the diamond, to let the stone's different colours sing. I think that will make an amazing piece, whatever you decide. Congratulations! x

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
AN0NYM0US|1338831074|3208953 said:
:naughty: :love:

Very nice. Great body of color. The brownish modifier definitely helped there while the diamond remained decidedly pink. I can't wait to see what you do with her.
thanks!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
natsplat|1338832570|3208979 said:
I love it. I also love your idea for bark texture within the ring; it also screams to be set in high k yellow gold to me, with maybe a plat setting right around the diamond, to let the stone's different colours sing. I think that will make an amazing piece, whatever you decide. Congratulations! x

Yes- I love that bark texture,too. Because the diamond changes color so easily- it's hard to tell which colors will accent it best. :confused: I don't want it to disappear in the pink gold, but that's really what I'd like. Hopefully, the designers will be able to help more once I'm ready to set it. =)

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so pretty...I love the color!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOOOOO

What a great score! Brown? WHAT brown?? :naughty:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thank you, Jereni,tyty333, and Davi_el_mejor!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results