shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s here!!! Only 5ish more weeks to completion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
My Richard Homer pink tourmaline arrived today and it is even prettier in person! I took it straight to my jeweler so he could design the setting and (like a dummy) didn''t take any pictures of it before I dropped it off.

I *promise* I''ll take some pics when I go in to approve the designs for the setting.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 5:56:29 PM
Author:misspinky
My Richard Homer pink tourmaline arrived today and it is even prettier in person! I took it straight to my jeweler so he could design the setting and (like a dummy) didn''t take any pictures of it before I dropped it off.

I *promise* I''ll take some pics when I go in to approve the designs for the setting.
*ahem* *ahem* *ahem*

So, like, how long do we have to wait now????
2.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 6:11:31 PM
Author: LostSapphire

*ahem* *ahem* *ahem*

2.gif

He said the setting sketches should be done no later than Monday so 5 days tops. Otherwise I''m going back there and demanding to have it back for 2 minutes for a photo session.
2.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 6:21:29 PM
Author: misspinky

*ahem* *ahem* *ahem*

2.gif

He said the setting sketches should be done no later than Monday so 5 days tops. Otherwise I''m going back there and demanding to have it back for 2 minutes for a photo session.
2.gif
I''m surprised you haven''t done that already! You realize this is almost an infraction that could get you kicked out of PS, don''t you??? tee hee hee

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Any pics from Richard? On his website?
C''mon....

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!! Do you have any stats for us on the stone? Did you work with Richard directly or go through another source? I worked with Wink to source an aquamarine via Richard. You will have to post pictures ASAP!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 6:34:37 PM

C''mon....

Stats (as written on the card he sent with the gem):
Gem: Pink Tourmaline
Weight: 2.25ct
Shape: Square Emerald
Design: Concave Brilliant
Meas.: 7.4x7.4x5.9
Source: Nigeria

Here''s the pic that Richard sent me

pink stone.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 6:34:08 PM
Date: 7/16/2008 6:21:29 PM

*ahem* *ahem* *ahem*

2.gif

2.gif

I''m surprised you haven''t done that already! You realize this is almost an infraction that could get you kicked out of PS, don''t you??? tee hee hee

And I thought about going back to take a pic, but by that time they were closed
15.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s beautiful. The pink is a glorious color!! Lucky girl!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 6:37:30 PM
Author: omieluv
How exciting!! Do you have any stats for us on the stone? Did you work with Richard directly or go through another source? I worked with Wink to source an aquamarine via Richard. You will have to post pictures ASAP!

omieluv--I worked directly through Richard and can''t speak highly enough about my experience with him. I had a very specific shade of pink in mind and he was so patient , sending me picture after picture of sapphires, spinels, and tourmalines until we finally found the perfect shade.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 6:45:44 PM

Date: 7/16/2008 6:34:37 PM

C''mon....

Stats (as written on the card he sent with the gem):
Gem: Pink Tourmaline
Weight: 2.25ct
Shape: Square Emerald
Design: Concave Brilliant
Meas.: 7.4x7.4x5.9
Source: Nigeria

Here''s the pic that Richard sent me
BEAUTIFUL! Now we can all relax!

Thank you for the picture!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that stone is gorgeous. I love that shade of pink. Excellent choice
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pink stone. And, I know the cut is perfection!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
My jeweler was nice enough to email me a copy of the sketch his benchman did for my ring setting. Here it is.....

mpinkyrsetting.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Waiting patiently ...
36.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Went to the jeweler and had a quick photosession. Pics didn''t turn out really great, but here they are...

mpinkygem.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that stone is...is...is..., for lack of a better word...Fabulous!! I cannot wait until it is set in that fantastic setting your jeweler sketched for you!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 6:53:53 PM
Went to the jeweler and had a quick photosession. Pics didn''t turn out really great, but here they are...

YAY!!!
36.gif

SO pretty

Thanks, that will hold us off for a *little while*
emotion-5.gif

LS

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes - I''m in love with this stone, and it''s going to be amazing in that setting! Five weeks is a LONG time, though!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
wow, that''s pretty!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 8:24:41 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Holy smokes - I''m in love with this stone, and it''s going to be amazing in that setting! Five weeks is a LONG time, though!

I know! It seems like forever! Luckily, when I went in today he said they weren''t as busy as usual and should have it done in 3ish weeks.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! What a great stone. It will be even more gorgeous in that setting!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a pink diamond and I bet once you set it, many will believe that it IS a pink diamond! Just beautiful!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That is going to be such a great ring. Love that color
30.gif
30.gif
3 weeks is not bad at all; here''s to hoping they go by quickly
21.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, the stone is simply gorgeous and the setting looks wonderful! I can''t wait to see the final ring!!
3.gif
3.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 8:45:53 PM

...when I went in today he said they weren''t as busy as usual and should have it done in 3ish weeks.
Hey, that is much better than 5 weeks. Let''s keep our fingers crossed that it will be even sooner!!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your nice comments! I''ll keep my fingers crossed that it takes less than 3 weeks and I''ll be sure to post pictures as soon as it''s in my possession

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous stone, such a gorgeous pink color. I love the sketches of the setting, it will be stunning!!! Hoping the weeks fly by for you!!!!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way it seems to give a rosy tint to your entire hand! It just brightens it up, even in the holder ring.

Can''t wait to see the final ring! Congrats, misspinky!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 8:24:49 PM
Thank you all for your nice comments! I''ll keep my fingers crossed that it takes less than 3 weeks and I''ll be sure to post pictures as soon as it''s in my possession

hmmmmm.....let''s break it down so we can handle the stress:

3 weeks? What''s that, 21 sleeps?
3.gif

I''ll mark off the countdown if you will too?!

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results