shape
carat
color
clarity

It's here! My ring is here!

CristinaDoes26.2

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I'm not exactly new here, I used to post under another username, but I forgot the password for both that name and the e-mail address associated with it (oops), so I just created a new name :)

Anyway, after going through some tough times in a previous long term relationship and spending some time on my own as a single girl, I met a wonderful man. We met through our running club, as we're both distance runners, and have been dating for about 15 months. We bought a house in January, and things are going great!

Last Fall we started talking about marriage and have been ring shopping since. We went with a local jeweler, and I'm happy to report that the ring is here! I had the chance to snap a few pictures, before it goes into hiding until he proposes, which will hopefully be sometime this year. Planning on a 2012 wedding! I'm thrilled, and just wanted to share this with you bling-lovers. No left-hand shots, as that will be after the proposal :)

Now, I do have one question. The jeweler said that the stone is an OEC. Is this correct? Or is it a Round Brilliant? I thought I would ask you experts, as I can't really tell, myself. I have been looking at pictures online and here, and still can't tell :oops:

Here are the specs.

1.15 carat, OEC or Round Brilliant (?)
I color
VS2 Clarity
6-Prong Tiffany style setting in white gold, ring size 6

Thanks for looking!

Ring10.jpg

Ring6.jpg

Ring7.jpg

Ring4.jpg

CristinaDoes26.2

Rough_Rock
Oops, I didn't realize there was a 4-picture limit per post. Here are a couple more shots.

Ring1.jpg

Ring3.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks beautiful on you!! Congrats! As I was reading along, I thought you were one of my dear friend- and thought to myself SHE DIDN't tell me...lol and I had to find out here! your story sounded a lot like hers :)) Congrats again!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Lovely story and lovely ring! I love that setting!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I hope he doesn't make you wait long!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
So, so pretty.... congrats!

I'm no expert, but I do spy an adorable open culet and beautiful chunky facets, so ... "What is Old European cut, Alex?"

CristinaDoes26.2

Rough_Rock
LOL Ninama :bigsmile: Thanks for the info. I'm doing a lot of lurking in the antique forum here, it does look very similar to some OEC stones I see posted in there. Love it!

Thanks, everyone! I hope I am not waiting too long. His parents are coming to visit next month, they live in Michigan. I've met them before, but this will be their first time seeing our new house, and probably meeting my parents. I am nervous, because it's a big step, but I'm also excited.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
lovely ring Cristinadoes26.2 and congratulations on your engagement and a new house, how exciting!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

I too see an open culet, but I wonder if it is more transitional? There are some real experts here who will chime in.

What was your old user name if you don't mind sharing?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I hope you don't have to wait too long.

CristinaDoes26.2

Rough_Rock
Dreamer_D|1300404311|2874306 said:
Gorgeous!

I too see an open culet, but I wonder if it is more transitional? There are some real experts here who will chime in.

What was your old user name if you don't mind sharing?

It was CristinaRuns26.2 (I know, my new name is so original!). I used to spend time in the LIW forum when I was dating my ex. We split up, got back together, and not long afterward I realized the milk was bad (see below).

http://www.deviantart.com/download/69156623/When_milk_goes_bad_by_TheArtistDarklady.jpg

So, it didn't work out. Blessing in disguise! :))

Thanks, all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, such a beautiful ring!!! :love:

CristinaDoes26.2

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Skippy!

Anyone else have thoughts about what sort of cut this could be? I did more Googling and research on OECs and Transitional cuts, and I am thinking it's one of the two, for sure. However, I'll see different pictures of each cut and compare it to my photos (the ring is in hiding now, no going to sneak a peek!) and I can't tell :lol:

Either way, I'm in love with it and have been sneaking looks at the pictures when the boyfriend isn't around :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results