shape
carat
color
clarity

IT'S HERE! My reset/stone exchange saga comes to a close

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited to have my ring back and have this saga coming to a close. Just wanted to post quickly and share some pics for everyone since you all have been SO incredibly helpful throughout. Here is a link to my previous thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/advice-stone-exchange-t174254-90.html

I am really happy with the outcome. I can't believe how much this diamond sparkles compared to what I was used to. It makes such a difference! I went down a color grade and to be honest, I can't tell at all and think it almost looks whiter because of the way it returns light. I will admit, I was hoping for a more noticeable size difference to my eyes but my girlfriend at work did comment "that looks so much bigger!!"

I also think after I live with it a bit, I will get used to having it back on my finger and be totally happy with the size because I can't keep my eyes off of how much it seriously sparkles. My fiance and I couldn't stop staring at it over dinner last night- even as a guy he "got" that this is not what my old diamond looked like.

Specs
2.03 carats
J SI2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Very good
Symmetry: Excellent
Table: 59%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown Angle: 35%
Pavilion Angle: 41.4%
Culet: None
Flourescence: Medium Blue
Inclusions: Twinning wisps are the grade making inclusions and there is a crystal in the center of the table
Comments: Additional twinning wisps, pinpoints, and surface graining not shown

Another note- I had to change the box on the ring to accomodate the new size diamond and it looks like one of the prongs is a bit wonky. I am considering going back to my jeweler for this but I can only tell in the close up pics so I might just enjoy it for a little while. I can't deal with the stress of it right now!

Here are some pics- unfortunately my fiance didn't remember to ask the jeweler to take some nicer ones.

Thanks again to everyone on Pricescope!!

handpic2.JPG

Galleryview2.JPG

Candlepic.JPG

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
A couple more!

Tablepic2.JPG

Tablepic.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, so glad you are happy with your new diamond!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great!!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sparkle on your video was amazing! Love it and glad you are happy with the outcome.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! I'm so glad it worked out for you and you are happy with your new stone!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is beautiful!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and huge!! Congrats!

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I cannot stop staring at the sparkle. It's almost like i didn't have a real diamond before, i can't believe how differently it performs. I even had a couple of strangers comment on it! I also love how the double claw prongs make it look slightly less round/more vintage.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad this all worked out. The ring looks perfect!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning! :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!! I'm so glad you are happy with the changes and love the new ring - isn't it marvelous when it turns out perfectly???? Very happy for you!

And I love the video sound - great party tune to go with the fireball party on your finger! :lol:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Looks great.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful!! :love: Enjoy and wear in health and happiness!!!

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
What a difference the cut makes! The diamond is gorgeous :) Love love love the setting...does the wedding ring sit flush against it?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - so happy for you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am SO happy this worked out for you! :appl: Your ring is beautiful! :love:

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1339025416|3210783 said:
I am SO happy this worked out for you! :appl: Your ring is beautiful! :love:
Thank you so much, Diamondseeker! I have been so so worried over the past few weeks about my decision because of the color and bad HCA score. Maybe I was just used to not so much sparkle before but I feel like the sparkle factor is defying that score!

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
starrynight|1339019827|3210717 said:
What a difference the cut makes! The diamond is gorgeous :) Love love love the setting...does the wedding ring sit flush against it?

Thank you starry night! The wedding band is still tbd but I *think* I am going to do a shared/common prong eternity with 5 pointers from IDJ. I just don't live the way another thin band looks with it and my fiancé is opposed to two stackers. The eternity band can fit pretty much flush.

boxy

Rough_Rock
She's beautiful! Enjoy!!!! : )

smc7277

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I'd take video's in store lights too!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I was waiting to see the outcome of the new stone and I have to say, it was worth the wait! MD this stone is so much better than the first one, it sparkles like crazy! I love the new ring and it looks stunning on you. It is true what they say "cut is king"
Even though you went down a color it does not look like a J stone it looks like a G or H to me. Perfect choice and I am so glad it worked out for you.
Wear it in the best of health. Congrats!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yah! :love: I'm so happy to see that this all worked out for you. :love: I'm also happy to see that I'm not the only one that take video of my ring partying! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and diamond.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning and looks huge on your hand!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: And it looks pretty giganto to me!

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Went back and read your old thread - so traumatic!! I'm loving the basket improvements...would love to see more pics of it :love:

Can't wait to see which band you go with and how it looks with your e-ring :D

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:It looks divine on you!!! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results