carat
color
clarity

IT'S HERE ! 3.075ct H VS1 RB DIAMOND - THANKS TO JAMES ALLEN

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
Re: IT'S HERE ! 3.075ct H VS1 RB DIAMOND - THANKS TO JAMES A

thank you !

the days are getting longer and longer and i really miss wearing an ER on my finger ... i'm dying to see it !!

VC hurry up please !! :bigsmile:

lddchanel

Rough_Rock

I can't wait to see it! So exciting Frankie! Congrats on the upgrade!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

One more photo before the completion !! :appl:

image_37.jpg

Loving the precise metal work so far...

The wait is pretty torturous but I will have the ring soon :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Frankie what width did you decide on for the halo?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

MGR,

I don't have all if the measurements yet, but I do have the following :

The halo width is 1.4mm, ring shank at 1.75mm, setting height at 7mm, donut at 4.9mm (for more dramatic sloppy struts). The halo is also tilted down at 25 degree angle. From the photo I can see that the halo has 24 melee diamonds, and 13 melee diamonds on each side of the shank, ending at 5 and 7 o'clock. :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I guess my question should have been how much thinner is the new halo vs. the old halo? I think a thinner halo would look great with a larger stone - is that how it's going to be?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

my old setting

- the halo was at 1.5mm viewed from top down (actual tilted side measures 1.7mm). the ring shank is at 1.8mm.

new setting

- the halo will be at 1.4mm viewed from top down (actual tilted side measure 1.5mm). the ring shank is at 1.75mm. so the halo will be visibly thinner and the ring shank very slightly thinner to match. as a result you will see a larger center stone with a thinner halo overall.

- the new setting will be set at the same height as the old one - at 7mm height from finger to top of the diamond table. this means the new 3ct stone with a 5.74mm height will be set a little lower (by approx. 0.5mm) than the 2.32ct stone that had a 5.21mm height. the result will create a more dramatic swoopy struts as well as eliminating more negative space at the gallery area.

hope this helps !! :wink2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you're gonna have perfection with this setting! Love the smaller halo - if only by a smidge - to make that stone shine!

Can't wait to see it - surely it will be here real soon, right?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

definitely, i'm so excited for the slightly thinner halo paired with an even larger stone - this is my absolute favorite combo ... the look will hopefully be similar to the HW halo combos... but will be sturdier :appl:

VC is hoping to ship the finished ring out by Wednesday or Thursday ... i have a wedding to go to on Saturday so i'm really hoping to have it to wear for the occasion !!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fingers crossed for you that it arrives - nothing like a special occasion to show off a new diamond! :naughty:

diamond924

Rough_Rock

I am very impressed with Victor's quick turn around time. I purchased a diamond sourced through Perry (who was amazing) at Leon Mege in early September and it is being put in a 5 stone setting (no intricate pave like yours) and mine is no where close to being done. (In all fairness, Leon did warn me my ring would take longer because there were some technical issues with some of the side stones having to be recut and that is more of an issue with the diamond cutter not them.) I had considered having Victor do my ring. I even flew into LA to meet him to check out his work. He is a very pleasant person to work with and very accommodating. I ultimately decided to go with Leon because the diamond was sourced through Perry and I thought he did a beautiful job with the type of ring I wanted. I am in awe of how quickly he has been able to turn out this beauty.

Congrats! It will be an amazing ring. The pieces I saw in Victor's showroom were beautiful.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

diamond924, sorry to hear that you have to wait so long for your ring... though most artisan jewelers do take at least 4 weeks to complete most ring styles. I guess this short wait is just an anomaly. However i do have to agree that Victor's customer service is exceptional ! i'm sure your ring will turn out beautifully... Patience will pay off ! do post your ring on PS once you have it !

diamond924

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your kind words. In the meantime, I will vicariously through your pics of your beautiful gem. :)

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

Gah, one of the best looking diamonds I've seen! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Also, I am late to the party, does this mean that you are upgrading from that magnificent 3-stone ring that you have? That was the most beautiful, well-proportioned 3-stone I have ever seen...ANYWHERE.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

Hi jereni ! :wavey:

actually the 3ct diamond is what i have upgraded INTO. i'm currently "patiently" waiting for the completed ring and hopefully i will receive it by the end of next week (only a few more days to go) ... i'm so excited even though every day is getting longer and longer !! :wacko:

thank you so much for the compliment on the diamond - i had been diligently following this diamond on JA for over a year now so i guess it finally paid off !!

fige

Rough_Rock
Premium

Frankie, can I ask why you decided against the knife edge halo, like in your earlier SK ring? I thought it was beautiful!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock

Such a gorgeous stone, it takes my breath away! ..and the setting is beyond perfection! :love: Congrats and can't wait to see your beautiful ring!! and TONS of pics :appl:

cheermom

Rough_Rock

Congrats!!! What a beauty!!!

Crystal72384

Shiny_Rock

Frankie, I just stumbled across your ring and it's BEYOND AMAZING! The halo is perfect! What size pointers did he end up using if you don't mind my asking :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results