shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s finally sunny in Seattle, aka pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so it''s not sunny today (back to usual) but it was yesterday! So I finally got around to taking pictures of a couple new pieces.

Be patient with me because I''m a slow picture poster
2.gif

First up, Barry pink (coral) tourmaline in LOGR.

bbdstourm 001.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

bbdstourm 007.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I love the profile of this ring because you can see how deep it is.

bbdstourm 010.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Another Barry pink (purple) tourmaline in a HOW lotus setting.

bbdstourm 016.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

bbdstourm 017.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

bbdstourm 020.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones - you must like gentle, tender, pastel colors! I don't know which I like more. Probably the second one, but they both are wonderful.

The sun was out for about 2 hours - how did you catch it? We have these tall pine-trees around our house - actually there is forest behind it - so even when it is sunny, there is this shade...Ah, finito about it.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

bbdstourm 025.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif

bbdstourm 027.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

bbdstourm 031.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I like the pictures with the two together because you can see the difference in the colors.

bbdstourm 033.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Oyo tourmaline from Dan. This one is going into a LOGR from DH for an anniversary present.

bbdstourm 035.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Pink/Orange tourmaline from Dan.

bbdstourm 046.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

bbdstourm 048.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, last one. A group shot including a minty green tourmaline from Dan that I got from Karee. This one is also going into a LOGR and was very hard to photograph!

Thanks for looking
35.gif

bbdstourm 050.JPG

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 6:05:30 PM
Author: crasru
Beautiful stones - you must like gentle, tender, pastel colors! I don''t know which I like more. Probably the second one, but they both are wonderful.

The sun was out for about 2 hours - how did you catch it? We have these tall pine-trees around our house - actually there is forest behind it - so even when it is sunny, there is this shade...Ah, finito about it.
We have tall pine trees too but since I was up on the third floor I was able to get out of the shadows
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was about to ask, "what sun?", but then remembered it was sunny yesterday afternoon. I cleaned my living room windows because with the light coming through, they looked especially spotted with water and little hand prints.

Beautiful rings!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Love the pinky-orange tourmalines, Kunzite. Especially the Barry. And the setting looks pretty decent for LOGR!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The oyo tourmaline From Dan is really pretty and bright. I love the idea of setting the asscher on it''s side. That new LOGR is a really pretty design. Very nice!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2010 6:19:33 PM
Author: MC
I was about to ask, ''what sun?'', but then remembered it was sunny yesterday afternoon. I cleaned my living room windows because with the light coming through, they looked especially spotted with water and little hand prints.

Beautiful rings!

Are you also in WA? I gave up cleaning my windows or walls because between my kitten and my 6 year-old it looks like a war zone. I hope they both will eventually grow.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2010 6:17:31 PM
Author: Kunzite
Date: 2/7/2010 6:05:30 PM

Beautiful stones - you must like gentle, tender, pastel colors! I don't know which I like more. Probably the second one, but they both are wonderful.

We have tall pine trees too but since I was up on the third floor I was able to get out of the shadows
2.gif

Now all I need to do is to build the third floor. As it stands, even when I was trying to see Mars through a telescope I ended up looking into neighbours' windows. But I love your stones, and the tourmaline is lovely, too. Kunzite, am I right in assuming you like delicate colors?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 6:49:43 PM

Date: 2/7/2010 6:19:33 PM
Author: MC
I was about to ask, ''what sun?'', but then remembered it was sunny yesterday afternoon. I cleaned my living room windows because with the light coming through, they looked especially spotted with water and little hand prints.

Beautiful rings!

Are you also in WA? I gave up cleaning my windows or walls because between my kitten and my 6 year-old it looks like a war zone. I hope they both will eventually grow.
Yeah, I hear ya. I have two kids 7 & 9 and two cats. Fingerprints and paw prints everywhere!
32.gif

(Yep and I live in WA!)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks gorgeous!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your photos, Kunzite!! I''ve been eyeing that LOGR setting for awhile, so I was thrilled to see it here - it''s a very pretty ring!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pictures; that orange pink tourmaline is very interesting.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
MC - Thank you! Yes, today was blah but at least Saturday was nice!

icekid - Thank you, I love the pink orange too. For some reason I''m just drawn to that color combo. I''m really happy with the LOGR setting. There are only a few diamonds that would have bothered me, but they are on the ciricle part under the halo so they don''t really get the chance to bother me. Take that questionable diamonds
2.gif

TL - As I''m sure you understand (in your quest to capture green) the Oyo is so much better IRL. It''s small, but packs a pretty cool color punch. Thanks!

crasru - Yes, I am drawn to delicate/pastel colors first. There are some exceptions... I would love a Spess one of these days!! I wouldn''t count on the kitten growing out of any trouble making. We have two and they are nearly 4 years old now and still act like kittens! Good luck
28.gif

jstarfireb - Thank you!

cellentani - Wow, thank you so much. That means a lot coming from you, you take the best pictures! I do adore the setting, I think it''s fantastic for the price and I love the single cut diamonds. I had the stone set by Wink because I couldn''t find anyone local to do it for a decent price. His bench did mention more than once that he was nervous about the sharp corners in a rounded prong. Just something to think about. Maybe if it would worry you too you could ask LOGR to switch out the prongs. I just have to remember to be extra careful.

Chrono - Thank you. It''s a shifter, that''s for sure!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones. I love that LOGR setting. Thanks for sharing!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stones! I like the coral and the LOGR. Yum!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I''m loving that Barry Tourmaline and the Dan pink/orange Tourmaline.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results