shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s finally happening!! I''ve sketches of the ring..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Hi all..
Over the past few months I''ve been reading through forums, asking questions, comparing diamonds, working up a budget and trying to stick to it..

I''ve begun my quest about .. uuh, I''d say three months ago, and finally, after all this time of headache, heartache, pocketache, and the time it took for people to source two (relatively) identical argyle pink diamonds, the ring is getting made and will be finished in three-four weeks.

I don''t have pictures of it, but the lady at the store drew a sketch of it for me

ringside.gif

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Specs of the diamonds:

Center:
.52 princess cut
F VS2
4.46 x 4.42 x 3.31

Side:
.10 round brilliant cut
6p Si1
Argyle pink

I''m rather nervous that the picture in my head will not be the same as to what the ring will turn out like.. But .. Am hoping it to be the case..

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
I think what I was mainly looking for was maximum exposure to light -- And this setting certainly offers that, with the front and back to the main diamond being completly bare.. I love the fact that you can see the whole diamond without parts of the ring running through it.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
crazy cool... never seen anything quite like it. Definately want to see the final product.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait to see the final ring. Looks like it will be stunning.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome design, can''t wait to see the final product. It will be amazing I''m sure!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY cool design!! I can''t wait to see the real thing.

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Hi all..

Thanks for your kind remarks..
I was rather exciting when I finally put the order through, and with something that has been in the making for roughly four months (plus another month to go), you could imagine how much -I- can''t wait to see the real thing..

I''ll be certain to post some pictures of it when it''s done..

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Trust me I can relate... I''m waiting on getting my ring in too.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
L
30.gif
VE the setting!

You''re going to really enjoy looking at the "naked" diamond sides!

I can''t wait to see the finished product.

If you can, post pictures of the wax too!

I think your ring is going to come out GREAT!!

Keep us posted.

36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a side view of my wedding ring to give you a taste of what an open side view can look like. I just love this type of setting and your ring is really going to be special!

nakedsides.jpg

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Yessssssssssss.. That's exactly what I want!! I want to be able to see the 'whole' shape of the dieamond, and not hide it with the ring..
And I'm hoping it's going to be what I'll be getting..

Unfortunately they needed to put a brace around the smaller diamonds though.. I'm hoping this won't take away from the look of the ring.. I'm rather scared about it..

Oh, and.. Just to tell you (although you probably already know).. You have a beautiful ring. =)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, now that I look closer at your sketch I do see where there is a little bar across the side stones.

Hmmm, I agree with you that I''d prefer no bar on the side stones, but then again, I''m not a ring designer so there must be a structural reason for the bar. You wouldn''t want to loose your side stones!

You could talk about it some more with the designer to see if there is any way around it. I have a three stone ring with the sides open on all three, but the structure of my ring is different from yours.

Your ring design is really beautiful, talk with the designer and see what can be done, maybe thin them out as much as possible or...??? Brainstorm it together a little or maybe she can reassure you that the design will flow just as you want it to with the design as presented.

It really is a beautify ring, you''ll want to keep the design as close to what you''ve imagined as possible!

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
I copied this design (or.. modified).. from a design done by Makers Mark in Australia..
here's a copy of the ring..

It does have the bars across the side stones, although the side stones of the ring in the picture are 0.06ct each, and mine will be 0.10ct each..

In any case.. Whilst on the Makers Mark design the bars don't really bother me (because the stones are too small to tell) , in my ring you will apparently still be able to see the bottom of the diamond pop out from under the bar.. Don't know what that will look like..

I guess time will tell =/

viewimage.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a Claude Thibaudeau design. It''s not exactly like yours but notice no side bars.

claude.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 8:28:36 PM
Author: Kissingfish
I copied this design (or.. modified).. from a design done by Makers Mark in Australia..
here's a copy of the ring..

It does have the bars across the side stones, although the side stones of the ring in the picture are 0.06ct each, and mine will be 0.10ct each..

In any case.. Whilst on the Makers Mark design the bars don't really bother me (because the stones are too small to tell) , in my ring you will apparently still be able to see the bottom of the diamond pop out from under the bar.. Don't know what that will look like..

I guess time will tell =/
Wow, that is BEAUTIFUL ring!!!!! It's just really beautiful. The side stone bars are not distracting in that ring. It flows really nicely.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
that is very cool. i''m so excited for you! it''s going to be sooo pretty!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Kissingfish:

I've got to go. Taking my daughter out to dinner for her birthday.

Take heart, that is a beautiful design and if you have any apprehensions, talk it over with your designer. Looking at the finished ring, the side bars are not too distracting. Your stones will be bigger so you'll see some side view from below.

Keep us posted with pictures and such. I'll be following your thread. It's natural to have second thoughts and be nervous because this is such an important piece your are working on.

I think your designer should do a little hand holding here and give you some reassurance. Once you lay eyes on your finished ring, all this angst will melt away and you will be mezmorized by its beauty. I'm sure it will be love at first sight!

Good luck to you!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Can''t wait to see how it turns out. I like that you will be able to see a great deal of the side of each stone.

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Hey SuzyQZ.. Thanks for your helpful comments.. I do need reassurance, particularly with such important purchase..
But I am sure it will come out great.. I saw the stones today on a mock-up setting and they do look good..

Still.. I wish I could have gone for bigger stones..

Nevertheless I''m looking forward to the finish product and will certainly post more pictures as I get them..

avlis

Shiny_Rock
that ring is hot. great choice. where did you get your pinks from??? i am thinking of including a couple pinks in my(her) ring.

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Hi there..

Many people told me that pink diamonds were really hard to find.. They also told me that they are extremly expensive..
I didn''t find them that hard to find..
I suppose enhanced pink diamonds would be easier to find than natural argyle diamonds, but being that I''m in Australia, I chose to take advantage of the fact that I could easily obtain both types..

In fact, I found it easier to find pink argyles than to find enhanced pinks.

The places where I could find both, the enhanced pink diamonds were about $150 cheaper than the natural argyles, so not that much..

The only places that couldn''t get them for me (or could, but wanted to charge me $3000 MORE than the independant jewelers), were mall chain stores..

Good luck with your purchase.. Even with the soft pink that I''m getting (6p is rather light)..i think they look amazing.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow, i think it will be gorgeous, and loooooooooooooooooooove the pink diamonds!!!! please post pics as soon as its done
36.gif

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
wow, you have quite a talent!
If you have more creative ideas like that, you may want to talk to some of the vendors to create some sort of design agreement with one of them?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Pink! Gotta love that! Very creative and very attractive. Yellow gold? Two tone?

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Hey..

We decided on white gold.. I think it''ll make the pink diamonds stand out more..

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2006 7:14:40 PM
Author: Kissingfish
Hey..

We decided on white gold.. I think it''ll make the pink diamonds stand out more..
I have to agree! I wasn''t sure what you were going with-thought the pic you liked was yellow (that was a very nice design, by the way). I am a white metal fan myself. I think it WILL make the pink diamonds pop!!

Kissingfish

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!

I''ve seen the stones set on a white gold ring as well as a yellow gold and.. I guess it comes down to personal choice, but the yellow gold seemed to ''dull out'' the colour of the diamonds.. Both the pinks and the white one..

I''ve not seen it set on platinum though -- in fact, I''ve never really seen a platinum ring..
I''ve been told that it differs from white gold in that it''s dull, and not shiny..

Is this correct?

Like a matt grey, as opposed to shiny silver..

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
You should go look at both plat and white gold, to see how they are different. Plat is going to cost more, which is a consideration. I like the grey white of plat- it has a timeless look to it, like a snowy day. White gold is lighter, which is another preference issue. Plat is noticeably heavier, which I find kind of comforting. Yes, platinum will grow a patina, but I find it just beautiful. Both my plat and wgold rings have scratched up over time, but both can be polished right up easily. (Right now they both have a matt finish--the plat one is steely gray matt and the white gold is aluminum tin matt--from wear and tear to both.)

Something to think about is that when you add rings to it, if you ever do, such as an anniversary something or other, if you start with plat you may want to add plat--the cost is more for plat. Plat molecules scoot around when they are bumped, while gold molecules wear away-hence, over time you may have to have gold replaced but plat will never erode. Honestly, I love both my plat engagement, wedding, and eternity bands AND my right hand white gold rings. Also honestly, during a lifetime, both should hold up nicely if you're nice to them.

Newly weds have so much to think about. Don't stress too much about this. Think about budget and go with what is beautiful. I think white gold is gorgeous under Christmas lights.
2.gif
I had white gold until my 16th wed anniversary.

Go look at some in a neighborhood store and see and feel the difference. As Gary pointed out, there are smooth and brushed looks for both, too. Too many decisions! Anyone else have any considerations to think about?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results