shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Oh it''s done and i could not be happier!! Now to figure out the right band(s) to go with it - any suggestions?

SJ_Br76JVS2_finished_2.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Another ...

SJ_Br76JVS2_finished.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
And the side view...

SJ_Br76JVS2_side_view.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pics!
11.gif
It's gorgeous, what are the specs. Profile shot? I like having diamond eternity bands or semi-eternity to go with solitaires, but that's just me. I especially like having a diamond band on either side too.

ETA: Sorry, posted reply before you finished with the pics!

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
It''s (GIA) .76 carats, SV2, Ex cut, Ex polish, Ex sym, MB Fluorescence, No culet, 1.4% girdle, Table 56.33%, Depth 60.98%, Crown 34.58*, Pavilion 40.85*

I''m not sure if there''s anything else that would be wanted for specs... am I missing a piece of info?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring, very classic with a gorgeous stone!!!

I think a think shared prong wedding band would be pretty, or plain platinum would work too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous. I agree either a plain band or a shared prong anniversary band would be stunning with it. I''d go for the diamonds but I also really like the plain bands.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m so glad it turned out the way you wanted. Your gorgeous diamond just shines!

That looks like a GOG pic, is that where you got the stone and setting?

As for a band, I love my plain band with my X-prong, but I have really simple taste. I think, if you could afford it, you should get both plain and an eternity. Then you can switch them up.
31.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
I love it one of my favourite setting so classy and elegant :)

Depends on what look you want to achieve but some a couple of 1/2 or full eternity bands would look nice.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, Yes, it''s from GOG. I''m so absolutely thrilled with the service and the individuals there. I think they will be getting a ton of return business from me and DH... and they can certainly count on bunches of referrals.
1.gif

The ring is better then I had anticipated! I''m looking into diamond bands, i really think that''s the way I want to go - I want something that shines and sparles like fairy dust, nothing with large identifiable diamonds from a distance - just something that catches the eye. I wrote to GOG to see if they have any suggestions - I too like the double band, one on top, one on the bottom look - so I''ve inquired about that.

I''ll keep you posted!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a classic beauty, i love that setting!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful! I agree that a shared prong band (set low) will be beautiful!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way your ring looks from the top.

I''d get a pair of thin little eternity bands for either side. Something simple like that that will complete the look...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 9:43:21 AM
Author: Jypsie
Ellen, Yes, it''s from GOG. I''m so absolutely thrilled with the service and the individuals there. I think they will be getting a ton of return business from me and DH... and they can certainly count on bunches of referrals.
1.gif

The ring is better then I had anticipated! I''m looking into diamond bands, i really think that''s the way I want to go - I want something that shines and sparles like fairy dust, nothing with large identifiable diamonds from a distance - just something that catches the eye. I wrote to GOG to see if they have any suggestions - I too like the double band, one on top, one on the bottom look - so I''ve inquired about that.

I''ll keep you posted!
Ooooooh, I LOVE that idea. I think that would be gorgeous. Just a teensy sparkle to spice things up, but not enough to distract from the center. Perfect!

And yes, isn''t GOG great to work with?!

Keep us posted on what you end up with!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JUST BOOTIFUL!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely and Congrats
36.gif

sagewren

Rough_Rock
30.gif
Simply luscious perfection.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone, you are all so kind!! I absolutely have new diamonditis!!

I was one of those girls that was never "interested" in jewelry - Yeah Right! - I wasn''t interested because I had never seen beautiful jewelry, is the correct statement, really. Why should I be interested in dull, lifeless diamonds, or sapphires? I mean I absolutely love the color blue, and purple... but the diamonds I saw my friends receiving were really never that "WOW"ing to me. So, I became one of those girls in my early-mid 20''s - with one of those "You''re supposed to get a diamond for your engagement ring, I don''t really like jewelry, nor do I know much about it - so honey, just pick something and I''ll love it!" well, he did. It was "pretty" but not "WOW"ing - a 1/2 ctw yellow gold setting, 1 marquise surrounded by 12 small round diamonds, all listless and dull.

It''s 8 years since we were married, 10 years since our engagement and 12 years since our first date - in those years I HAVE seen absolutely stunning diamonds - few and far between - but I know they exist!

Now, I own one! And OH MY GOD - I want more! LOL

I really, just wanted to post a response here thanking all of you generous ladies and men for all of the knowledge that you share, the pictures that you share and the ideas that you share. If it wasn''t for Pricescope and it''s community of posters and jewel lovers, I would not own the baby that sits on my finger today and causes me to stare at it for hours on end.

You are all the very best and I look forward to being a contributing member (adding lovely new pictures of new pieces as time goes by) of this community for years to come.

Thanks again :) (I''m having a Star Wars moment and feel the need to say...) Let the BLING be with you! HAHA just having a silly moment, apparently.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results