shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s Done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,
Jan of Diamond Brokers of Florida just emailed me some completed pics of the ring. Brad just set it & its being shipped as I type right now.
appl.gif
Overall, I''m quite pleased with the look of the ring. Most of the face on or side view pics, the stone looks white enough. The only pic you can see body colour is on the profile pic & even then, its much lighter than I would have thought a J would look like. Hopefully, I can upload a few more successfully.
I have to give credit to Jan for finding this stone. I didnt find too many of this size or quality out there for the money she was asking for. Jan got the stone in, did her fancy analyzing with the BScope & Isee2 machines, inspected it with her own 2 eyes (maybe 4..
saint.gif
) & she confirmed it was indeed a nice stone. My sil wanted a more elaborate setting & so it was a natural move to go smaller in ct. wt. The stone looks to be a nice size against the width of the ring. The ring is an A.Jaffe ring & was purchased in Buffalo, NY at a family run place called Ben Gurelick Diamonds. Peter (owner), has some great pricing & in fact, beat out Solomon Brothers by almost $400 for the same ring!! The ring was shipped to DBOF, Brad set the stone, & is shipping it back to Buffalo for this weekend. Thats what I call great customer service by both vendors. And in case anyone is in a hurry for a ring, AJaffe had this ring made in 10 days (on initial order, they didnt have any hanging around).

So there you have it. I''ll let you know what she (Paola) thinks of the ring when her bf decides to give it to her.
appl.gif
love.gif
naughty.gif

Judy
:)

Paola profile view.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Profile view.....can see a bit of yellow here.

paola side view.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mara, I emailed you cause I infact, dont, have your email addy & I wanted to send you a couple of pics to post. I keep getting error messages. I just wanted to mention, I forgot to put a subject message in the header.
rodent.gif

My fingers were faster than my brain.

Judy

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Judy

It's a lovely ring, your sil should be thrilled!

I hope she always wears it in health and love.

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Judy that picture is amazing--great stone, what are the specs again?

I don't know why my regular email address is not working for you. Seems kind of sketchy at times!! Try [email protected] as my backup.
1.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Judy!

The ring turned out really well!
love.gif
When you first posted the pic of the setting, I was concerned that perhaps the size of the center stone might be a bit small for its width...but it looks like those fears were unfounded - the ring looks lovely.
1.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful. It should be well received.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was worried too about the width of the ring. I dont know how many times, or how many different ways I asked Jan what she thought of this ring. haha I'm sure the woman was banging her head against the computer but her emails are normal so I dont think she has brain damage.
loopy.gif

Each time she told me the ring would look fine & it does. I still like solitairs but this ring is growing on me. My fiance wont let me upgrade till we hit at LEAST our 20th anniv. LOL I told him I wanted a 2ct. Well, you know. I might change my mind & go higher. haha

The specs of the stone:
(decided to copy it right off the cert instead of relying on my brain).
.80, 5.97 X 5.99 X 3.67, AGS Certed. Ideal H&A
T- 57
D- 61.4
Crown- 34.7
Pavil- 40.9
Girdle- 1.2- 1.7
Cutlet- pointed
Fluor.- negligible
Comments:
- clouds not shown
- was already laser engraved by AGS

There you go.
Judy

tessa

Shiny_Rock
culet
not cutlet

1.gif

gardengirl

Rough_Rock
What's the color of the stone? It's a lovely setting! Enjoy!

gardengirl

ps- what kind of wedding band are you thinking of doing with that setting?

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring! I looked at that setting but it was too "delicate" for me if that's the right word. It looks just beautiful!
How funny that the color shows so much on the profile shot but you'd swear it was much whiter face up!
Jan and Brad have done it again!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gardengirl,
The stone is an SI-1, J. The ring is actually for my sister-in-law. I was just helping her put her ring together. I found another view of the set. She's leaning towards the channel set band. If its just not in the budget, then she'll do a custom plain band. The ring set is 14K white gold.

Tessa,
LMAO! I slipped up.
tongue.gif
But you know a cutlet might be kinda nice right about now.
lickout.gif

Judy

me1258set.jpg

gardengirl

Rough_Rock
Great. Thanks Judy! Where's that setting from? It looks a bit like the Vatche suprise setting but w/ channel stones. Lovely, just lovely.
love.gif

gardengirl

gardengirl

Rough_Rock
Oh nevermind... I just reread your original post and answered my own question.

A.Jaffe for those wondering also.

gardengirl

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. I just love the little "surprise" diamonds under the main stone. Makes me kinda wish I had a round stone so I could do this when I get my new settings. Oh well . . .

I'm sure your SIL will love her ring. You did great!
appl.gif

Diamondlil

magna2

Shiny_Rock
A very nice looking ring. Definitely a lot whiter than what I would have expected from a J color stone.

rodent.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The pic did appear now. Crazy Computers!
I'm deleting the duplicate pic.

Paola profile.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Guys,
I have to clarify the 1st pic for you. I thought that the yellow I was seeing was the J colour, when in fact, its the reflection from the yellow paper (blurred) in the corner of the picture. Now that I look at the stone, it does look to be the same shade as that paper. haha

Sorry, I just thought since the stone was a J that it was the body colour I hear about. I guess I didnt give this little stone the benefit of the doubt.
appl.gif

Jan says its definitely not that yellow in person.
9.gif

Judy

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Simply Gorgeous!! Congarts!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful diamond and setting..Congrats...

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to your SIL! Jan & Brad have done it...AGAIN.
9.gif

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
ccuheartnurse, you did very well. It's beautiful! You were a perfect e-ring consultant. Think that would make a good career, like wedding planners, but only to do with helping fiance and fiancee's finding the perfect e-ring? Sounds like a good job!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Judy..sorry I just now checked my Yahoo email..I don't know if you posted this one yet but I saw you already got the big SI1 shot uploaded.
1.gif
Beautiful..

ccudiamond2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Good job! Your SIL should be thrilled!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find that setting lovely and classic. I like its clean, modern lines. The side view appeals to me very much! I agree you were very helpful, Judy!

Deb

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks again everyone. Well, I went to pick up the ring on Saturday & had to call Jeff (the bf) from there cause I was so floored with how beautiful this ring looked in person. I just **couldnt** believe how nice it was. I knew my fsil would be absolutley hysterical when she saw this ring. She would be hysterical cause she was expecting it end of Nov. but with some luck & some scheming, she got her ring Sat. night. Jeff proposed, she said yes, called me all freaked out about 11pm telling me I was a witch cause I tricked her & then thanked me 100 times for helping her have the "most beautiful ring I could have ever dreamed of having". She announced it to the whole family the next day.
appl.gif

My honest appraisal on the J. Its much much whiter than I thought the colour could be. However, if anyone can see yellow at all, this is not the colour grade for you. I saw the faintest of yellow when I opened the box. The J stone still looked very nice with the white gold though, so dont be afraid of putting it with a white metal. As for me, I wouldnt have been happy with a J stone. The ring itself, gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. AJaffe is a very reasonable company for pricing.

Judy

Oh, thank you Mara for putting up that pic. I couldnt figure that one out.
loopy.gif

curiouscanuck

Rough_Rock
Hi Judy,
wavey.gif

That ring looks really nice! Jan does amazing work. I've learned to trust her judgement.

I'm glad to hear that your fsil appreciates all the help you've given her!

You really should go into diamond consulting. You're so passionate about it!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results