shape
carat
color
clarity

Its done - 3 stone , 4.47cttw pear ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my oh my! I don''t think you can put any more on that ring. I would be thrilled just to have one of your sidestones as a center stone. That ring is HUGE!!!!! Enjoy that monster.
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful - your center stone is fantastic! The side pears could be smaller if you're concerned about proportions and diminished impact of the center stone. In just covering the side pears from my eyes while watching your pictures, that makes the stone seem bigger. I saw the halo mockups in your other thread - I didn't really like those. Just my opinion though. If you're set on a halo, make sure it's small...you're on the cusp between beautiful bling and cocktail ring.
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I agree with diamondseeker, you don''t have very big hands so I think it looks perfect as it is. Hugele substantial, but not too much. I think the set is gorgeous!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m belately joining the crowd that STRONGLY feels that haloing that gorgeous pear would be a mistake...especially on small fingers.

If I were going to dicker with that ring, (and if it were mine I very well might not bother) I''d have it remounted with different side pears. To me there is something a little "off" about the ones you have. Maybe shorter, fatter pears would look better...perhaps mounted more angled down.

I dunno...I''m such a sheep, I''d send it to LM and have him find the perfect sidestones for it...

widget

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2007 12:15:38 PM
Author: widget
Well, I''m belately joining the crowd that STRONGLY feels that haloing that gorgeous pear would be a mistake...especially on small fingers.
HI:

Ditto. As an aside, I laughed at what you "named" your pics.....

cheers--Sharon

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your support and guidance.

I''m not gonna talk anymore about changing my ring.....I promise

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 12:40:48 PM
Author: sparkles
Thanks everyone for your support and guidance.

I''m not gonna talk anymore about changing my ring.....I promise
Does that mean you have decided against changing it, or you think you''re bothering us? Because you''re not! Make sure you''re happy!!!
1.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
oh my gosh, stunning. Reminds me of Jessica Simpson''s ring from Nick, I loved watching her ring sparkle on Newlyweds! It is gorgeous, enjoy it, and more pics please!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
haha the later firegoddess....your''re the supreme expert on halos....I feel like I am flogging a dead horse and it takes too much emotional energy to keep going round in circles. You really not keen on just haloing the centre stone in pinks? or white melee?lol
8.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 1:01:31 PM
haha the later firegoddess....your''re the supreme expert on halos....I feel like I am flogging a dead horse and it takes too much emotional energy to keep going round in circles. You really not keen on just haloing the centre stone in pinks? or white melee?lol
8.gif

I am completely against halo''ing this beauty. If you halo it, then the side stones would look out of place, or you''d have to get rid of them altogether. Meaning..less bling on the ring! It is just gorgeous as is, I wouldnt change a thing.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Didn't you just get this ring back Sparkles? If so, why dont you live with it for awhile before making any rash decisions? It seems like some women here get their rings and then immediately start questioning them. Live with it for a bit. You can always change it at a later date. Though I cant see why you'd do that. It's very "gemmy", HW-ish, and I assume you were going for that look, yes? If so, it is exactly that. I dont see the need for a halo unless you're trying to make a small stone look bigger, or a mediocre stone look nicer by adding a distraction. To be really honest, any bigger on your hand and it starts to look almost cartoonish, IMO. It looks lovely as is. But that's just my two cents...enjoy it for awhile!

ETA: I am in no way inferring that all halo'd pears are hiding an inferior stone...because I love FGs avatar!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the white halo better than the pink.

I like all 3 stones haloed better than just the center stone.

However, if you halo all 3 I think you''re looking at the same problem - because all 3 stones will just be bigger versions of the way they are now.

What is throwing you more - the shape outline of the center stone or the center in comparison to the sides?

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I Just took the eternity band off. For some reason I just love it without the eternity band.. its clean, simple and unmessy. Hubby is gonna kill me. He''s dead against me not wearing a wedding band of any kind. I don''t want to look "unmarried'''' the times I go out without the children. says me old and wrinkly..How do I bring him round to not wearing a wedding band.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I frequently wear mine w/o the matching wedding band. Believe me, that beacon of a rock will let everyone know you''re taken. He shouldn''t be worrying about that. LOL.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 1:17:01 PM
I Just took the eternity band off. For some reason I just love it without the eternity band.. its clean, simple and unmessy. Hubby is gonna kill me. He''s dead against me not wearing a wedding band of any kind. I don''t want to look ''unmarried'' the times I go out without the children. says me old and wrinkly..How do I bring him round to not wearing a wedding band.
Is there ANY possibility you could show him, with it and without it, and he would see that it looks better without?

And you might remind him that many (myself included) married women are only wearing one ring, and that it STILL shows you''re spoken for.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol FG, I posted without seeing yours. Great minds.
9.gif

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Sparkles, I would not change a thing about your ring. It is alreay amazing. You mentioned you would like to upgrade in the future, were you thinking about the same shape? How soon are you thinking of changing the center stone?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 2:07:51 PM
Author: Lucyh
Sparkles, I would not change a thing about your ring. It is alreay amazing. You mentioned you would like to upgrade in the future, were you thinking about the same shape? How soon are you thinking of changing the center stone?
Lucy, the center pear is new.
2.gif
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Sparkles, can we meet for lunch or tea on Monday? I am quite busy next week (my best friend is coming to town) and can only make Monday. Please let me know if this fits yr schedule?

richipat

Rough_Rock
Sparkles, I would not change a thing about your ring. I personally love it with the band. I vote no on the halo.
There is nothing like a big fat pear to make a girl''s day.
Absolute perfection!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkles, how are you feeling about the ring now?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW That''s such a stunning pear! It looks beautiful. I wouldn''t try for a 1mm longer. Not enough difference to justify the search. LOVE IT!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Firegoddess, thanks for asking...I told the jeweler I was having second thoughts about it.....I''m having a love hate relationship with it. The sidestones most of the time get dirty before the centre stone. So I go through the process of not thinking they are terribly well cut. I get at them with a toothbrush, warm water and windex and they come up well, but not for long.

When I am driving in the car or riding on my bicycle they color difference between the sidestones shows and niggles at me. But in certain light you can''t tell the difference in color.

I have put covered the sidestones with my fingers and the centre stone does look bigger.

The jeweler has already said she will take back the sidestones minus a few charges and the setting. Her tennis bracelets are reasonably priced and as they are not upgradeable by any online vendors or her, would be my safest bet - I don''t want to get anything upgradeable unless its from an online vendor doing 100% upgrade.

The jeweler says you walk down the streets of NYC and most people are doing classic HW, GRAFF etc not haloing large stones. Then I see Brooke Shields cushion and know thats not true.

I went to her with the intention of getting a halo and came out with a 3 stone. I do like it, but it is 1 mass and not defined like you get with a solitaire halo if you know what I mean.

At this point in time I am too scared to do anything without advice or further support from Psers because once I change I cannot go back to the 3 stone again.

I actually should have asked Irina to photoshop a white halo without the sidestones on my finger...

Thanks for listening...jeweler wants to know by tomorrow what I want to do....I have kept the poor lady waiting for a couple of days now.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you''re not happy with your ring, I think you should definitely change it. I mean, it''s a 4.5 ctw diamond ring and it''s not blowing your mind, you know?! I like the idea of a white halo around only the center stone. I''m not crazy about the pink halo. I absolutely love firegoddess'' pear halo and I think yours will look delicious halo-ed! I say go for it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
tomorrow will come fast, go back to the thread irina was helping you with on the rt and ask her to do this for you.... erasing the sides to a pic she already did shouldn''t be too hard.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks I will do that....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you msg the admin Irina will do a halo for you on the center. It seems like that''s what you wanted originally but got sidetracked onto the sidestones. It seems clear you aren''t in love with the ring so I''d vote to return the sides and halo that sucker. A really dainty halo that showcases that big honkin stone but still enhances the look of it will be beautiful.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sparkles,

Looks like you and I are still in the same boat. I've been asking around for the price of a 4ct RB or a 5ct cushion and guess what? It'd cost me easily another USD35-70k!!
6.gif
Crazy, huh? And those are on-line prices, not B&M!! So now I am thinking again of haloing my stone. Urgh!! This is really frustrating! I wish I could say this is THE ONE, but if I am still thinking of upgrading or changing the setting to make it look bigger, then it can't be, can it? I feel your pain, girl!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How abt if we make arrangement to meet at a specific place and at a specific time and try and recognise each other somehow (perhaps by looking at each other's e-ring
2.gif
)?

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Lien,

I really don't want to upgrade again. Got better things to do with the $$$$$.

I'm also getting rather narky comments about my new ring from non-diamond loving girlfriends - which has put a dampener on things a bit.

Would love to do the oriental....can we do it after I get back...In the next week I am moving, having my son's birthday and as my father had major heart surgery yesterday I'm going down to OZ for a week when he gets out of hospital. I will be back mid june.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results