shape
carat
color
clarity

It's almost here! U113

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
wildcat03|1474316874|4078497 said:
Sorry for the delay in replying! My parents were in town this weekend and it was busy busy.

My tab prongs!

Side view. The pic is rotated and I can't get it to post the right way up, sorry!

Beautiful! Love it paired with that band, too.

So my ring is on its way back to WF! They will be sending me a 2.2 ct ACA, I, SI1 for review. I kept going back and forth between I & J (the 2.2ct J basically would've been the same price as this 1.8ct H), but in the end decided to spend a little more for the I. Fingers crossed im ok with the color, as I couldnalready detect tint in the H (though not enough to bother me).

Replacing the head to accommodate the larger stone, as well as changing the prongs to tabbed style, is no additional cost since I'm within WF's 30 day window. Good news all around!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news regarding the setting! I hope that the new diamond works well for you. If not, there are always others to choose from. It is always good to work with a vendor that wants a happy customer!

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
Thanks! The whole process has been seamless so far -- I can see why people rave about whiteflash' return/upgrade policy.

I ended up not making a big deal about the prongs, since I figured they'd have to be changed anyway to accommodate the new stone. So I had planned on paying for the change. They quoted me a couple hundred to replace the head, but when they realized im within my 30 day window, they said there would be no charge for the change. :clap: truly, great customer service!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly amazing as they definitely will incur more cost replacing the head! Gotta love Whiteflash!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lots of people here have I color ACA's as they are a good value in a larger stone. I'll be interested to hear what you think!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The difference between a 2.2 and a 1.8 is quite visible. I think you'll be much happier with the 2.2, even if it is a lower color. It is awesome that WF is willing to replace the head for the larger stone at no cost! Hopefully you'll be more satisfied with the the new tabbed prongs :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they sending you the loose stone to preview or are they setting it in the Vatche first?

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
First I was going to preview it as a loose stone. Then I changed my mind and asked them to just go ahead and have it set. At this point in our lives, I prefer not to stretch the budget in order to maintain the carat weight at a higher color. :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ppuff211|1474855942|4080739 said:
First I was going to preview it as a loose stone. Then I changed my mind and asked them to just go ahead and have it set. At this point in our lives, I prefer not to stretch the budget in order to maintain the carat weight at a higher color. :)

Sounds like a plan! We'll be waiting for pictures when your new ring arrives!

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
It's here, and it's fabulous! Will post photos in SMTB. Thanks to all for your advice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results