shape
carat
color
clarity

Items on your holiday wish list to receive and also to give

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are probably a few threads discussing something similar but just wondering what items PSers are looking forward to and/or hoping to receive this holiday season. Also what gifts are you giving. Can be bling or other gifts. I would love to know what you are getting and giving this season. :appl:

I'll start. We have made and are making several big donations to animal charities and also the ACS for our very own PS Dani.

My dh and I have not yet purchased any specific gifts for each other and not sure if/when we will. Well I will get a bling gift but not in any rush and I am still exploring my options.

We got our nieces pretty party dresses and a few scientific games that I know they will enjoy.

We are baking Christmas cookies for some of our dear friends.

That's it for now.

Your turn. :wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Items on your holiday wish list to receive and also to g

Great idea for a thread, Missy! :appl:

I find that what people need and appreciate changes with age and their particular circumstances. I left home at 17 and when asked by an older relative what I'd like for Christmas that year, I asked for an ironing board. She was shocked and had been thinking along the lines of something completely different. However, I was using my small kitchen table as an ironing board and it wasn't ideal. I got a real ironing board that Christmas and was thrilled! =)

I like the idea of consumables like baked goods, chocolate and wine. Giving the baking on an attractive plate, or in a nice container, and including the recipe, is a wonderful gift to give or receive.

Of course, we are on Pricescope, so I'll confess that I've been thinking about treating myself to a ring. Won't happen anytime soon though. I find it easier to treat others than spend money on myself. But that's another issue! :lol:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My family are having a "Secret Santa" this year. Everyone has to buy one gift for another family member (we're a small group, 7 adults in total) costing around £50. Allocations were randomly done by a family friend! I must say it has made the whole thing much easier all round- I have bought lovely UGG slippers for my person.....

The children will all have gifts, probably clothes or techy stuff.

Hubby and I have decided not to give each other presents but I will be buying myself a Christmas treat, possibly something pre loved I have my eye on! Failing that I really want a Gucci Disco bag, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled over the Black Friday weekend for a bargain!

Q

Queenie60

I've already purchased my bling and put it away until Christmas. Lovely bangle from IDJ. My husband is much more practical and I will probably get him a few clothing items. We do not purchase gifts for extended family any longer. I usually gift my close friends nice wines, vinegars or what ever I find in a particular year. This year I have discovered a wonderful balsamic vinegar from Napa and will purchase several of those for gifts. As for my hair stylist, manicurist, housekeeper, etc. I gift money.

My best friend and I are off to San Francisco on Sunday (our annual shopping spree) to get all of our gift purchases done. We get a hotel room, bring gift wrap and make a fun 3 to 4 days out of it. Our gift to each other is the time spent having holiday fun, dinner, a play or musical concert and shopping. I've asked my two children to provide me with their clothing lists and that is what they will receive. We try to keep it simple and enjoy the food and time spent with those we love. Our favorite gift as a family - we take my husband's elderly parents to San Francisco the weekend before Christmas, get a room overlooking Union Square for everyone, our two children, and his parents and one for ourselves. We have dinners and enjoy the holiday decorations. It's a very special place for them as they are native San Franciscans. :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I haven't bought anything for DH yet. I can't buy something ahead of time and put it away for Christmas, for example, I HAVE to give to the person IMMEDIATELY! No delayed giftification in me!!!

I'd like a 3 ct OEC picked out by Missy from Adam at OWD; or 2 1.5 ct OECs for a project I have in mind.

What I will probably get is a remodeled kitchen and bathroom :lol:

I need to go back to work, clearly!!!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm hoping for the Americas test kitchen box set. Maybe a new scarf.

I haven't decided what I'm giving yet. I'm usually more prepared!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1448288510|3953077 said:
There are probably a few threads discussing something similar but just wondering what items PSers are looking forward to and/or hoping to receive this holiday season. Also what gifts are you giving. Can be bling or other gifts. I would love to know what you are getting and giving this season. :appl:
From you missy?...no less than a well cut 3ct MRB diamond... :wink2:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We make several big donations to the breast cancer charities each year in memory of each woman in my family who has died of the disease, which adds up, and a donation to my friend's vet practice which cares for animals with owners in need. We don't do Christmas gift lists; we do a charity gift list through an international charity so, for example, a goat is $40, a medical kit is $40, and clean water for one family for a year is $50, etc. You can also buy desks for a classroom for $30 or so a piece.

I also bake cakes for the fireman in our town who are on duty.

Our family is old enough to be past gift-giving. We just get what we want ourselves during the year. I buy my own bling.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We donate to our local Hospice every year. I ordered some jingle bell ornaments for all of my nieces and nephews. When my family exchanged gifts with everyone I always put about a dozen jingle bells in everyone's packages so I thought the bell ornaments would be fun to give each of their families. I bought both DH and me some fleece jackets that I am going to have embroidered with a custom poker chip my husband had made for his poker games. DH and I usually just buy things for each others stocking so I am going to get him some personalized golf balls, a golf cart ornament and an extra charger for his Apple Watch.

Now if we ever visit my favorite jewelry store in that nearby big city I might have to come home with some upgraded sapphires.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

For everyone else: I'm getting a full ski tube setup to tow behind the boat for the in-law's kids this summer which should be a heap of fun for everyone and there's a secret santa for the adults. For my wife, I usually get her some kind of jewelry item but this year I am actually going to get her some Sterling Silver wire as she has been learning how to build wire settings for cabochons. I know she has been wanting to set the cabochons we have been making from petrified wood and jasper, so the Sterling silver wire will be a nice little starter for her to begin learning.
Dad is getting his standard gift of either a bottle of whiskey or a game fishing lure :bigsmile:

For me: Once upon a time I was happy with a voucher for a fishing tackle store, however this year I know have some cabochon and faceting rough on it's way, including a very nice blue sapphire rough (from what I am told). Usually xmas is a drudgery and a financial hit for me that I don't like to look forward to, but knowing that I have the rough on it's way has perked me up a bit for this year.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those sound great, Jordy :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What I want is impossibly out of reach so I get nada as we have two kids with future educational major expenses. I buy for the whole family-extended too-plus work, neighbors, teachers etc. But I tell DH that it is no big deal as I usually buy something cool for me on our exotic trips without guilt as I call in the Christmas and birthday chips. This year I left Kamchatka, Russia with two pairs of mink mittens, and some pearls from Shanghai, China.

Q

Queenie60

Great thread Missy - thank you for getting it started. I love hearing what everyone else does for the holidays. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks so much for all who are sharing with us here.

This time of year always brings out so much emotion and I love hearing joyous experiences and also how caring and giving people can be.

Wouldn't hate it if people shared pics of things they are giving and getting. :appl:

I am holding my breath and hoping we can get 5 feral kitties neutered before they start procreating. That would be the best gift of all this season if this mission is successful.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We are getting my husband a trailer and a truck. He has wanted one his entire life. He works so hard for us and never ever asks for anything. His only pleasures are camping and hunting. We will be buying it soon and he is SO excited!! There is much camping in my future.

My youngest will most likely be getting a new guitar.

My 20 year olds have long lists that make me happy to fill. The funniest item is a "sophisticated, adult hoodie." Umm... I really have no idea how to find such an oxymoron.

I want to reset my OEC. Some kind of rose gold solitaire. Niel's post for Stuller solitaires went up on show me the bling and I have been obsessed ever since.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1448463973|3954019 said:
We are getting my husband a trailer and a truck. He has wanted one his entire life. He works so hard for us and never ever asks for anything. His only pleasures are camping and hunting. We will be buying it soon and he is SO excited!! There is much camping in my future.

My youngest will most likely be getting a new guitar.

My 20 year olds have long lists that make me happy to fill. The funniest item is a "sophisticated, adult hoodie." Umm... I really have no idea how to find such an oxymoron.

I want to reset my OEC. Some kind of rose gold solitaire. Niel's post for Stuller solitaires went up on show me the bling and I have been obsessed ever since.

HC:

Wings and Horns is a Canadian company that makes high quality, fashionable, "sophisticated" :bigsmile: clothing. For men. Gorgeous hoodies--my 22 year old has two and they are fabu! Buying from the US, will be a great deal for you!

cheers--Sharon

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well I had my anniversary ring replaced, so I don't have any wants per se for myself. I always ask for nice black teas, scented candles, also body lotion. There is a shampoo I like and will put that on my wishlist as well. Finances are tight so I will need to be targeted for giving for rest of family. I'm one of those who LOVES shopping for xmas and once I start shopping I want to keep shopping and may go overboard. So, will try to stay out of the stores this season. We normally choose a family to give gifts to (school giving tree, city social services, or both) but will need to pass this year due to budget, but I will inquire if they take donations of a smaller amount.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Missy, butter cookies lead my list this year, in particular the kind made by in house chef Greg. :bigsmile:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

My brother's boss has a second company that sells hunting clothing and has some "casual" jackets, and it's all supposed to be super crazy warm, (they did a video where they sprayed liquid nitrogen on them wearing the clothing) buuut it's also super crazy expensive. Still, I have hopes for a jacket.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sunstorm|1448579220|3954530 said:
Missy, butter cookies lead my list this year, in particular the kind made by in house chef Greg. :bigsmile:

Haha, you know it girlfriend. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results