shape
carat
color
clarity

It will finally be mine! 4.16 J, VS1 that got away.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone, I am shaking with excitement/nerves right now!

Okay, so, some years ago I found this 4.16 ct J, VS1, blue nuance diamond that just captured my heart. It is by no means PS perfect, but I think it is perfect for me. <3

It was briefly listed on James Allen for $17+k, somewhere I cannot recall for $24k ish, and two years ago I found it listed for about $6.5k. I reached out to another vendor to see if they could source the diamond for me, as where it was listed I refuse to buy from. Alas, their distributors could not procure the diamond, and it disappeared from the company I refused to buy from. I kept looking for it a couple times a month, but hadn't seen it anywhere in over 1.5 years.

Well, I was just browsing around today and found it listed on Adiamor for $2.3k. I contacted customer service, they confirmed that the diamond was available from their distributor, BUT.... they didn't want to sell it to me because of the blue nuance! I pleaded with the representative (Michelle by the way, she was incredible!), stating that the blue nuance was actually a big selling point for me. She said as long as I understood that this would be final sale, they would sell it to me.

Estimated delivery is between December 1st and December 5th.

*Edit - my sense of time was off, edited some dates.

Attachments

• 4.16dreamstone.png
    4.16dreamstone.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
If it was listed on their website for sale I’m confused why you couldn’t just add it to cart and purchase under their normal return policy terms. I’m glad you got what you think you want but that’s not right. They had it freely listed for sale - you should get the same policies as everyone else.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I'm hoping to add a blue nuanced diamond to my collection too.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
If it was listed on their website for sale I’m confused why you couldn’t just add it to cart and purchase under their normal return policy terms. I’m glad you got what you think you want but that’s not right. They had it freely listed for sale - you should get the same policies as everyone else.

They would have cancelled the sale due to the blue nuance after reviewing the order.

I do agree, if their policy is to not sell blue nuanced diamonds then they need to do a better job vetting their inventory prior to listing.

Not gonna lie, I'm really hoping it is as incredible in-person as I hope it will be, but it is also at a price point where if I lost that money it wouldn't hurt too bad.

Thank you for voicing that you believe what they did policy wise isn't up to snuff though. I am rather terrible about standing up for myself and it didn't even occur to me that it wasn't really fair. Hopefully though, it won't matter.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love the cut and the blue! I hope you love it as much in person!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
They would have cancelled the sale due to the blue nuance after reviewing the order.

I do agree, if their policy is to not sell blue nuanced diamonds then they need to do a better job vetting their inventory prior to listing.

Not gonna lie, I'm really hoping it is as incredible in-person as I hope it will be, but it is also at a price point where if I lost that money it wouldn't hurt too bad.

Thank you for voicing that you believe what they did policy wise isn't up to snuff though. I am rather terrible about standing up for myself and it didn't even occur to me that it wasn't really fair. Hopefully though, it won't matter.

Who are they to decide what a consumer wants and doesn’t want in their diamond. They list all kinds of weird stones for sale. I bought a CVD stone from them that is faint brownish pink. What is the difference between the blue tint being unacceptable and the pink tint being ok to sell with a return policy. That’s a bizarre call to make.

Unless they are going to sell just stones from a pre-selected group of parameters and only list those for sale on their site I don’t see how they can deny a sale after the fact. I personally would have demanded they honor their return policy and if they would not I would have just screenshot the price page and had someone else that would honor their return policy price match it and buy it from them. I typically like Adiamor but that was really poor customer service.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Can’t wait to see it set.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone, I am shaking with excitement/nerves right now!

Okay, so, some years ago I found this 4.16 ct J, VS1, blue nuance diamond that just captured my heart. It is by no means PS perfect, but I think it is perfect for me. <3

It was briefly listed on James Allen for $17+k, somewhere I cannot recall for $24k ish, and two years ago I found it listed for about $6.5k. I reached out to another vendor to see if they could source the diamond for me, as where it was listed I refuse to buy from. Alas, their distributors could not procure the diamond, and it disappeared from the company I refused to buy from. I kept looking for it a couple times a month, but hadn't seen it anywhere in over 1.5 years.

Well, I was just browsing around today and found it listed on Adiamor for $2.3k. I contacted customer service, they confirmed that the diamond was available from their distributor, BUT.... they didn't want to sell it to me because of the blue nuance! I pleaded with the representative (Michelle by the way, she was incredible!), stating that the blue nuance was actually a big selling point for me. She said as long as I understood that this would be final sale, they would sell it to me.

Estimated delivery is between December 1st and December 5th.

*Edit - my sense of time was off, edited some dates.

This sounds meant to be! I hope you love it just as much in person! I do echo others thoughts that their policy does not seem to be fair but like you mentioned, hoping for you that it's not an issue and that you love it!!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Can’t wait to see it set.

That will take a while probably - at this point, I have no clue what type of setting this beauty should be in!

I adore the Erica Winters Margot solitaire, but I also dream of some type of emerald or sapphire art deco halo.

My finger is a size 4 though, and I know the real estate is limited in terms of ornate halo. Had a similar issue with the ring in my avatar.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
YES!!!!! I love these blue nuance stones so much and love seeing when other people do projects with them. Can't wait to see yours!
FWIW I had the same thing happen with another company when I purchased an OMC, I believe it might be because the website company needs to purchase it from the distributor and they aren't able to return it, and would have a hard time reselling something that isn't commonly wanted.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a unique find! I can’t wait to see your pictures!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Really curious how this turns out! Have been tempted by many HPHT blue nuance options with more color too, but I find it really hard to “read” the color in the vendor videos.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
A little update!

Well, the ship by date moved from December 1st, to the 5th, and now they are saying the 7th, but I'll be out of state from the 8th - 18th.

Contacted customer service and they said they can hold the package and ship on December 18th with delivery on December 19th.

We shall see...... holiday time shipping is a nightmare and I'll be shocked if it gets here when they say it will.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Have prices dropped that much? That is a huge change!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts: I'm quite smitten. This is definitely NOT a PS hearts and arrows ideal - there is a little leakage under the table, some paddling at certain angles, and the arrows don't have quite as much contrast as I'm used to, but I adore the way the light plays through this diamond. Shout out to Adiamor for delivering when they said they would as well, I was initially a bit concerned because I hadn't received a notice of shipping after 6pm my time on the 18th, but did before 7pm and the stone arrived on the 19th as promised. =)

The blue is definitely there, although not quite as prominent as I'd hoped. Darn, guess I'll just need to get a fancy blue diamond in the future. :lol:

Good photos are so hard to get, but here are some attempts:
20231225_115953.jpg

20231225_121226.jpg

20231225_120026.jpg

20231225_120738.jpg

20231219_191434.jpg 20231220_131338.jpg

Last edited:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Have prices dropped that much? That is a huge change!

In some cases, yes they have! I found a screenshot of the $22,250 price point for this diamond.

Another diamond I've followed for a couple years, a 4.8 E, VS1, HPHT with similar proportions to mine I originally found at $40k, and the cheapest I saw it was just under $7k in the last few months.

4.30GVs1BrilliantEarthPrice.png

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
@vintageinjune I am in love with your new stone.! Blue nuance and all. I think you found yourself a real winner here! Congratulations!!

Aw, thank you! I'm in love with it too. Still unsure how I'm actually going to set it - funky crescent moon halo with stars in the gallery, or a classic target halo with French cut sapphires? Or maybe emeralds?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thank you! I'm in love with it too. Still unsure how I'm actually going to set it - funky crescent moon halo with stars in the gallery, or a classic target halo with French cut sapphires? Or maybe emeralds?

Do you have a photo of what a crescent moon halo would look like?

I also found this on Lang Antiques's website. Your stone would look awesome as the star.

victorian-crescent-moon-and-star-diamond-ring_1_10-1-5537.jpg

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a photo of what a crescent moon halo would look like?

I also found this on Lang Antiques's website. Your stone would look awesome as the star.

victorian-crescent-moon-and-star-diamond-ring_1_10-1-5537.jpg

Ooooo, I love that inspiration picture!

These are a couple I have saved:

1halo2.jpg
1halo.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results