shape
carat
color
clarity

It started with one OEC...

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Really, I was only looking for 1 nice big chunky OEC. But somehow here I am with a 3 stone OEC ring and 5 OMC gypsy band, created by the amazing Sako from Cicada Jewelry. I need to go back to ban island!... at least for a few months haha.

Some background here: there are some big dates coming up for me - been at my company for 15 years this year, my husband and I will be approaching our 15th anniversary in 2024, and I'll also be having a milestone birthday next year. How did I want to congratulate myself for getting this far? Acquire some new jewelry pieces of course :lol-2: At first I was planning to set some rubies I bought in January, but then I saw this beauty on Sako's IG in February:
img-20230201-wa0000-jpg.922378

Super spready and kind of shallow but oh so pretty! She is a 1.85 K SI1 measuring 8.13 x 8.52mm (!!). It kind of looked more like an OMC to me, but GIA deemed it a Circular Brilliant, so let's call it an OMC/OEC hybrid. I gave myself a day to really think about it, studying all the photos and videos he sent, before finally pulling the trigger. For the setting, I immediately thought of a 3-stone OMC ring that I had seen for sale on IG back in November - I really liked the stones but wasn't in love with the setting. So I thought, why don't I have a better one made?! Sako is one of the people I had always wanted to work with, so it was the perfect opportunity.

While I was pulling together all the pictures & ideas for the original ring, Sako posted a suite of 5x 3.3mm OMCs (HIJ color, total weight .76ct). Those little chunky facets were so cute and I kind of impulsively purchased them too without any real plan for what to do with them. Cue me furiously searching and scrolling through pictures for the next few days to figure out both settings lol.
3.3mm OMC Suite.jpg

After about another week, I managed to collect all my ideas and sent them over. For the original OEC, I asked him to source a pair of OEC sidestones to create a scalloped basket style 3-stone ring in platinum (Erika Winters' Margot setting is one of the inspirations), and for the OMCs, I decided to go with a yellow gold gypsy band. I definitely wanted to have engraving done on both rings too. He presented me with a few sidestone options (4mm, 4.5mm and 5.3mm), and we settled on a 4.5mm pair. I would have liked to go bigger (who doesn't??), but it would have been too far out of budget. Here is a picture of the 4mm pair (outside) and 4.5mm pair (inside) next to my 1.85.
IMG-20230216-WA0005.jpg

So once all the stones were acquired, he finally started work on the rings in March. I didn't have a strict timeline but thought it would be nice to have them in hand by the end of April, in time for my birthday. I went on vacation for 2 weeks in the middle of the process, and he was nearly finished by the time I got back! He actually sent me some photos while I was on the way to the airport for my 12+ hour flight home, so that certainly kept me happy for a while lol. It took another 2 weeks maybe for engraving & finishing touches, and a mysterious weather delay by UPS, but my new pieces have finally arrived with a few days to spare before my birthday!

Here are some oft the glamour shots I received:
oec-3-stone-5-jpg.932264

omc-band-4-jpg.932265

sako-rings-1-jpg.932266

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
And of course, handshots galore (desparately need a fresh mani!)
OEC Ring 1.jpg

OEC Ring 2.jpg

OEC Ring 3.jpg

OEC Ring 4.jpg

OMC Band 1.jpg

OMC Band 2.jpg

OMC Band 3.jpg

OEC OMC Stacked.jpg

Honestly, it is what I was dreaming of. I wanted the OEC ring to essentially cover my finger and see minimal metal (not easy with a chubby size 7), with beautiful delicate cathedral shoulders. And I can't tell you how much I am in love with the engraving on these rings. It's so clean and there are so many little details. The gypsy band is SO sparkly, both the stones and the tiny little milgrain are amazing. I think I might even like it more than the OEC ring lol. When I showed my husband the photos, he said it was the first time he ever felt impressed by any of the jewelry pictures I showed him (and I show him a LOT).

And also - if nobody had told me, I would NOT have guessed the large OEC is a K. It is super white and only maybe slightly warmer that the I colored sidestones. I'm pretty happy with the finished products, to say the least :kiss2:

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are everything.

Just beautiful & they really strike my sparkly heart :kiss2:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I also attempted to take some pics of the rings with flowers lol. There was another woman next to me on the phone at the flower stall, and I was pretending I was just taking pictures of all the flowers lol.

Flowers OEC.jpg

Flowers OMC.jpg

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
They are both gorgeous!!! The detail work is spectacular. Enjoy and wear them
In good health.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
This is absolutely beautiful ❤️ congrats on all the milestones and these amazing pieces!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Both rings are gorgeous and the engraving is tdf!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Superb! These are gorgeous on you! Congratulations on a year of lots of milestone celebrations. :kiss2:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! I have probably spent a collective 2 hours throughout the day simply staring at my rings. Like I'll be sitting on the sofa and moving my fingers around and grinning. The OECs are throwing so much pastel rainbow fire, and each of the OMCs are like disco balls. I'm having so much fun staring at the party on my hands :lol-2:

My daughter has of course noticed the rings. She keeps asking when she can have some of her own, so I let her wear it for a hot second:

OMC DD.jpg

This gypsy band, the more I wear it, the more I love it. It's a solid 18k gold ring (no holes below the stones either), so it's pretty hefty; it weighs more than any of my other platinum rings but yet so comfortable. Due to the width, I asked Sako to make it 7.25 since my fingers tend to fluctuate based on the weather, what I ate, etc. I'm glad I did because it fits both the left and right hand ring fingers comfortably, like way better than I was expecting. There is a small unengraved section on the bottom of the ring though, in case I ever do need to have it sized. I'm so glad I splurged a little (more)!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
You have hit it out of the park! Love both rings—-but the band to me is one of a kind—-so special! Wear with pride and love and happiness. So gorgeous.

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning!! Those are beautiful heirloom quality pieces. My daughter loves to try on my jewelry too. Lucky little ones to have mamas that are in love with diamonds haha!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful rings! I love the engraving on the band!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous rings!! Love them!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
TOOK. MY. BREATH. AWAY.

Good lord I love them!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a perfect way to celebrate all those milestones. Both rings are perfection and Sako did a wonderful job. I can feel that the gold band is so close to your heart ❤️ it looks like a match made in heaven and pairs beautifully with your 3 stone.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, those are both beautiful! Especially that yellow gold gypsy band…wow!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings are absolutely perfection but I literally gasped out loud when I saw the band. I have no words left.............

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is incredible, and your new pieces are so stunning! :love: Wear in the best of the health!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Both rings are absolutely perfection but I literally gasped out loud when I saw the band. I have no words left.............

As someone who has long admired your collection, I feel so honored at your words =)2

Oh wow, those are both beautiful! Especially that yellow gold gypsy band…wow!

It turned out even better than I imagined! Sako did an amazing job on it.

Wow what a perfect way to celebrate all those milestones. Both rings are perfection and Sako did a wonderful job. I can feel that the gold band is so close to your heart ❤️ it looks like a match made in heaven and pairs beautifully with your 3 stone.

I tried to stack them together on the same finger but it didn't look so good lol. Will just have to settle for one on each hand. I haven't taken them off since I got them though, except to sleep!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
They are both fantastic and I absolutely love the the engraving on the band!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What an amazing set. Congratulations on your milestones and the truly spectacular way you’re celebrating them!

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Really, I was only looking for 1 nice big chunky OEC. But somehow here I am with a 3 stone OEC ring and 5 OMC gypsy band, created by the amazing Sako from Cicada Jewelry. I need to go back to ban island!... at least for a few months haha.

Some background here: there are some big dates coming up for me - been at my company for 15 years this year, my husband and I will be approaching our 15th anniversary in 2024, and I'll also be having a milestone birthday next year. How did I want to congratulate myself for getting this far? Acquire some new jewelry pieces of course :lol-2: At first I was planning to set some rubies I bought in January, but then I saw this beauty on Sako's IG in February:
img-20230201-wa0000-jpg.922378

Super spready and kind of shallow but oh so pretty! She is a 1.85 K SI1 measuring 8.13 x 8.52mm (!!). It kind of looked more like an OMC to me, but GIA deemed it a Circular Brilliant, so let's call it an OMC/OEC hybrid. I gave myself a day to really think about it, studying all the photos and videos he sent, before finally pulling the trigger. For the setting, I immediately thought of a 3-stone OMC ring that I had seen for sale on IG back in November - I really liked the stones but wasn't in love with the setting. So I thought, why don't I have a better one made?! Sako is one of the people I had always wanted to work with, so it was the perfect opportunity.

While I was pulling together all the pictures & ideas for the original ring, Sako posted a suite of 5x 3.3mm OMCs (HIJ color, total weight .76ct). Those little chunky facets were so cute and I kind of impulsively purchased them too without any real plan for what to do with them. Cue me furiously searching and scrolling through pictures for the next few days to figure out both settings lol.
3.3mm OMC Suite.jpg

After about another week, I managed to collect all my ideas and sent them over. For the original OEC, I asked him to source a pair of OEC sidestones to create a scalloped basket style 3-stone ring in platinum (Erika Winters' Margot setting is one of the inspirations), and for the OMCs, I decided to go with a yellow gold gypsy band. I definitely wanted to have engraving done on both rings too. He presented me with a few sidestone options (4mm, 4.5mm and 5.3mm), and we settled on a 4.5mm pair. I would have liked to go bigger (who doesn't??), but it would have been too far out of budget. Here is a picture of the 4mm pair (outside) and 4.5mm pair (inside) next to my 1.85.
IMG-20230216-WA0005.jpg

So once all the stones were acquired, he finally started work on the rings in March. I didn't have a strict timeline but thought it would be nice to have them in hand by the end of April, in time for my birthday. I went on vacation for 2 weeks in the middle of the process, and he was nearly finished by the time I got back! He actually sent me some photos while I was on the way to the airport for my 12+ hour flight home, so that certainly kept me happy for a while lol. It took another 2 weeks maybe for engraving & finishing touches, and a mysterious weather delay by UPS, but my new pieces have finally arrived with a few days to spare before my birthday!

Here are some oft the glamour shots I received:
oec-3-stone-5-jpg.932264

omc-band-4-jpg.932265

sako-rings-1-jpg.932266

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :-o:kiss2:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Snuck in a couple of handshots of the 3-stone on the way to work today. I paired it with my French Cut eternity band, which I picked up from Dolly at xothebijoubox a few weeks ago (I have been very bad).

Loved how the OECs pick up so much green from the trees as we were walking.
PXL_20230425_121327982.jpg

Can't see it in this photo, but the rings were throwing off all sorts of pastel pink, blue and orange fire too! :kiss2:
PXL_20230425_122437389.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results