shape
carat
color
clarity

It happened!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I am engaged! I am also in such shock b/c it happening now is sooo unexpected. I am also deliriously happy!!!

He proposed early this morning, after we got back from a holiday party. He began by talking about the couple we knew who was recently engaged. Then he starts teasing me about proposing to him (which has been a joke for awhile now). I clearly said that would never happen and that he''d be waiting a long time if he was waiting on me. All very good-natured joking around.
Then he asks what should he do if he were going to propose. He goes on to say, should he say that he loves me, that he wants to spend the rest of his life w/me, etc... I was just sort of sitting there listening to him. We were both sitting on the couch at his place, watching tv and just relaxing from the party. He then says, should he get down on one knee if he were going to propose. I said that would be nice.
9.gif
So then he gets down on one knee. He then proceeds to ask me if I would marry him. I honestly asked him if he were serious 5-10 times. He had no ring in his hand at this point. He says yes each time. I say yes I will. He then says, why don''t you believe me, b/c there''s no ring. I am still sort of sitting there in shock, wondering if he''s serious. He says he can find some sort of temporary something, goes rummaging through a desk drawer, tells me to close my eyes and places a ring on my finger.
1.gif

So he was serious!! He just LOVED that I was completely surprised and shocked. Guys!
40.gif

I love the ring. I have no pics
7.gif
b/c it didn''t fit, was too small. I never told him my ring size so he traced one from my jewelry box, which I now think was a pinky ring. So we took it back today. So sad!
But it''s a round center stone, 4 prong head (not sure the actual type), eternity style, very thin channel set diamonds on the sides. I never thought I would like the channel setting but like this a lot b/c it''s very, very thin.
I just love it and am so happy.
Today we told my parents and I can''t wait until I get the ring back!

Thanks everyone so, so much for your help these past months. It has been tough and honestly, you guys kept me sane. I appreciate it!

I am so excited!!!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
YEAH!!! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a sweet proposal!! Sorry you had to part with the ring for a little while. Can''t wait to see some pics!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Dixie! It sounds beautiful!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! Congrats!! Right in time for Christmas!! How long will the ring take?!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! I love these "I''m Engaged" threads. Best Wishes!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I''m so happy for you, I can''t wait to see the ring!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! You''ve been great support and true friend to everyone here, I wish you all the best! Looking forward to the pictures!

SparkleIllinois

Rough_Rock
Oh Dixie! That is so great, I''m very happy for you!!!!
Can''t wait to see pics.
CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Dixie - congrats on your engagement! Hilarious story and very cute. Can''t wait to see the ring!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Congrats!!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS DIXIE!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I, too, am SO ecstatic for you! You''ve been a very patient LIW, and I''m just so happy for you hat you''re engaged. Whew! Sweet relief, huh! I can''t wait to see pics of your ring, I''m sure it''s gorgeous. You MUST come to the gem show in May so I can congratulate you in person!

Enjoy your engaged-ness--what an exciting holiday season you''re having! Best wishes!
35.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
wow, i''m in shock, CONGRATS!!! Now you can join me on BIW as our year end list is shrinking by the week
36.gif

Your engagement is even better b/c it was a total surprise, no hints, just boom!! Please post pics soon!!! So cute that he took a ring not realizing it was a pinky ring..our men do try! You must be so happy, enjoy b/c soon it turns into wedding planning and all that fun!
18.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ladies!!

I really am so excited. I just can''t stop smiling every time I think about it and kept repeating to him, "we''re engaged". Yay!!

RT, I was sorry to part w/it too! It was tough but since I couldn''t even fit it all the way over my knuckle, it seemed like the necessary choice.

IrishAngel, GoldenStar, Anchor, Ladyof Lovers, SparkleIllinois, BlingDiva, thank you for your warm wishes.

TDiddy, he really got a kick out of his proposal too! I wasn''t quite as amused
20.gif
and was just very glad he really was serious. But it does make for a cute story to tell.

RoseAngel, they said I might have it by xmas but more likely New Years at the latest. I''m hoping for xmas, not so much for the holiday (although we are going to see his parents) but I just want it back right away!

Monarch, didn''t know there is a May gem show. That will be fun! Thanks for the congrats! This is definitely an exciting time, so unexpected so i''m still feeling some shock. He got me good!

Now, hopefully, I can sleep a few more hours tonight. I would''ve thought I''d be passed out by now but w/all the phone calls and so many new thoughts running through my head, who wants to sleep???

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Janine,
Thanks! As to all who mentioned pics, I will post them once 1) I get my ring back
9.gif
and 2) I figure out how! Actually, there is a pic on the jeweler''s website if I can remember the site name and figure out how to post it.

Wow, BIW... wow, I just can''t believe it!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, attaching the pic from the website didn't work. I tried to cut and paste but it just said NULL when I hit Paste. I do think this link will work...I hope.

For anyone who feels like looking (assuming the link works), it's the middle set.

http://www.richardkrementzgemstones.com/bridal5.html

ETA: Just curious, does anyone have thoughts on getting the matching band the way it looks in the pic (w/the top part lowered w/no diamonds to sit flush w/the ring) versus diamonds covering the entire top part of the ring? Will it not sit flush w/the ring if I don't have it as shown in the pic?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!!! Congrats, Dixie!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! I love that he tried to surprise you by taking your ring...and took your pinky ring LOL. I bet you are dying to get it back. Can''t wait to see the pictures.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY DIXIE!!! I am so happy for you, congratulations, you have been so wonderfully patient. Can''t wait to see the ring...

Now if Mandarine comes back with great news too it will be a long-term LIW double whammy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS Dixie!!! I know how patient you have been. I love that he has a great sense of humor, that''s so important, especially as the years go by. I can''t wait to see your ring, it sounds so pretty and perfect. Enjoy this special time in your life. Best wishes to you both!!!!!!
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dixie!!! I am so happy for you!! It''s been a loong time, baby!
1.gif
Can''t wait to hear about the wedding plans!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo and Dixie, meant to say above I'm looking forward (how sick am I, a total PS'r) to helping you plan your wedding, lol! So don't go out spending money on a wedding planner...we're right here to help, and plenty of us Chicago gals to help you out, hee hee!
9.gif
35.gif
36.gif

ETA: so we'll get to the WB fitting of the e-ring soon...lol! But right now I'm just so happy to know that your ring is GORGEOUS and I hope you love it! Yay!

Did I ever tell you I got engaged on Dec. 14th? Best Christmas present ever, totally wasn't expecting it, etc? We got engaged at North Avenue beach, as a plan B...DH meant to do it at the Signature Room in the Hancock Building (or Watertower? can't remember) but the lines were so long just to get on the elevator he had to make a switch! Ya ha ah, you are making me go down memory lane here and I love it!
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay! What a lovely proposal! I cannot wait to see the pics!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dixie! Enjoy your first holidays as an engaged couple
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That was a very sweet proposal!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a great proposal story Dixie! Congratulations!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations dixie! That ring is gorgeous, the proposal was too sweet and what a fun and exciting time for you! I like the matching band, because I''m a matchy-matchy person, but if you want to be able to wear your wedding band alone I would not choose that. My wedding ring is not notched but it sits lower than my e-ring so my bands are pretty close to flush and I actually like the gap. It''s all about personal preference.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone is so sweet! I am just still so thrilled and surprised, I can''t get over it!!

Monarch, I know the ring question was a little soon but I just couldn''t help myself :) When I saw that ring online, I thought, hmmmm... how will that look w/mine now. I guess I''ll wait to get mine back first! I am really looking fwd to wedding planning and what''s funny is, I assumed I would be ready as soon as he proposed to pick a date, etc.. Now, I just love thinking that I am engaged and can''t quite move fwd yet. Maybe after I get the ring! But I definitely appreciate the offer to help and don''t worry, I can''t wait to start asking you guys questions and getting the help that I will absolutely need!

ImpatientOne, Kcoursolle, Kaleigh, AmberWaves, bee, AllyCat, Robbie, SimplySplendid, and DeeJay, Thank you!! I just love getting all these Congratulations! It is so much fun to hear! I really appreciate each and every one! Yay!!

Mara, that would be great if Mandarine came back w/news but unfortunately, her bf didn''t go w/her. She does still have a day or two at the end of the year for to happen! I''m waiting on that one too.

Kimberly, I definitely want a matching band too. I am very matchy too but I wondered if they had one that was the same, but not w/that cut out part. Of course, I have no idea how either would fit so at some point, I''ll try on both. And if they couldn''t match w/out the cut out, I would just get the one from the website. I doubt I''d wear the wedding band alone, but who knows! Ah, notched... now I know the actual word! Thanks!

How am I ever going to do any work today??!!!

Thanks everyone! You guys are fantastic!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
This is the right ring??

COGNRATS!!! I will take you off the list...

bridal5b.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results