shape
carat
color
clarity

It happened!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

always.waiting

Rough_Rock
i''d like a band with stones all the way around too (embedded in platinum). I never heard of indentations though, it makes sense, but i would prefer the standard band, since it''s possible you will separate the two rings and it looks better to me at least..

btw, congrats!! you were one of the patient ones too :) you must have been so emotional! very happy for you..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Looking forward to seeing your lovely new sparkly!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Dixie! I really love that style of channel setting --- and what a great proposal! Mine caught me off guard too and I remember asking "are you SURE?" and it still makes me smile every time I think about it, so I hope you will do the same
1.gif

jen

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Alexis, yes that is the right one. I tried to do that but it wouldn''t work for me. Oh well, Thanks!!

Rascal and FireGoddess, thanks for the Congratulations!

AW, I was/am very emotional. Actually, the stones on the ring don''t go all the way around the band, maybe 1/2 way or so but I like that b/c I can''t see the ones that my finger covers anyway. Plus, I vaguely remember hearing that resizing isn''t possible on bands w/diamonds all the way around.. but I could be wrong!
I actually had to go back to the jeweler today for sizing purposes and tried on the band that goes w/it. I do like how it sits right next to it but I would like the option of wearing it separate. Hard to know. It did sit a bit away from the ering and I wasn''t thrilled about that. But not worrying much about that now.

Jen, Thank you! I had never seen this type of channel setting and didn''t even realize it initially when seeing the ring. I am very happy w/the ring! It definitely makes me smile when I think about and still can''t believe I AM ENGAGED. Wow!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS! Very pretty ring.

I followed your story here and there, and admired you for being so patient and having a good head on your shoulders. See- good things come to those who wait!

Enjoy this awesome time!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ChargerGrrl, it didn''t always feel like it would happen and I certainly felt a bit crazy at times! I tried to rely on my trust for him but it''s easier said than done!

I had no idea so many people (in the outside world) would be asking so many planning related questions so soon. It did just happen 2 days ago. It is fun to think about but I am realizing I have NO answers.
But I just can''t plan until I have that ring.. Must be a mental block.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is going to be beautiful! Just wanted to say that I don''t like notched rings as well as regular ones. When they sit so close together it almost looks like one wider ring. I like the little gap so that you can see that there are two rings.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
congrats dixie!!
36.gif

isn''t it great?? i remember being engaged right around the holidays last year. it was the best feeling ever! you must be floating on cloud 9. enjoy it girl! i''m looking forward to seeing your bling.
2.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DiamondSeeker, Milly and Liquiddazi for the Congratulations!

DiamondSeeker, I did kind of notice that it felt like one wide ring when trying on the notched style. I like being able to see the whole band b/c it sort of felt like it was two rings that meet up to one where the stone was. But I do like them being close so not sure which way I''ll go.

Milly, I''m looking fwd to seeing the ring too! I am so ready to have it back! I am just so happy right now!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m late on this one but I wanted to add my congrats Dixie...so happy it happened for you before year end.
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TG! I appreciate your congratulations!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
dixie, what month / timeframe are you guys thinking of having the wedding?people asked us that right away (within a day of our engagement)! we''re thinking sept now but still gotta book stuff..not so easy to coordinate during the holidays.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Janine,
We just started talking about it last night. We're thinking Sept. b/c I'd like summer but not too hot and early summer isn't good for us. Maybe Oct. but I think it might be too cold and my first thought is an outdoor wedding. I do worry about rain and cold weather though since it's very unpredictable where I live.

ETA: People asked us as soon as we told them too. I thought, WOW, that's fast. He JUST asked me, how could we even have had time to talk about that. I was still in shock then.. I am still in shock.

Just heard from my jeweler and they think there's a good chance the ring will be done by tomorrow. I'm so excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results