shape
carat
color
clarity

It’s here! Thoughts?

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
My 3.65 carat HPHT G VSI has arrived!

I’m so glad I didn’t go with the 4.08. I’m concerned this one might be a little too big… I know DSS is real though ;-)

I don’t see any blue nuance at all. I see a lot of fire in her- yay!!

If I had to say right this second am I doing a recut, the answer is yes. I’m not sure I’m a hearts and arrows girl.

Planning on wearing it with my Tiffany plain 18k yellow gold wedding band. Either bezel set or 8 prongs. 18k yellow gold with platinum head.

This is my first attempt at buying a lab diamond. How is it? Honest opinions are appreciated!!! :) Thank you! IMG_1002.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1003.jpeg
    IMG_1003.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1006.jpeg
    IMG_1006.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1012.jpeg
    IMG_1012.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1014.jpeg
    IMG_1014.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1016.jpeg
    IMG_1016.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 88

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Great size on you!
What kind of recut are you thinking about? Recuts can be gorgeous!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautifully cut, and the size is just right!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautifully cut, and the size is just right!

That is high praise coming from you @Kim N , thank you!

If I told you I found another diamond, better color and clarity for a couple hundred dollars more, would you exchange it if you were me? It’s just a smidge smaller. I Need to stop looking!!!!

I am tempted to have this or the slightly smaller one recut. Then maybe do a 2.5 carat for every day… I need to think on it. How many rings does a girl need?!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If I told you I found another diamond, better color and clarity for a couple hundred dollars more, would you exchange it if you were me? It’s just a smidge smaller. I Need to stop looking!!!!

I am tempted to have this or the slightly smaller one recut. Then maybe do a 2.5 carat for every day… I need to think on it. How many rings does a girl need?!

Would it be more mind-clean to you to have the better color and clarity? If not, I wouldn't spend more to exchange it.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Clarity no, color maybe just a little. Though honestly, I hate doing exchanges. I think I will be happy where I’m at. I would actually prefer the G with an OEC.

Thanks for talking me through it! :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It looks super nice and is a great size but I'm surprised at the amount of color I see. But it could be the photos. I recently tried taking photos of my MRB studs and they showed so much color on camera but not irl. My beige phone camera case didn't help.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
It looks super nice and is a great size but I'm surprised at the amount of color I see. But it could be the photos. I recently tried taking photos of my MRB studs and they showed so much color on camera but not irl. My beige phone camera case didn't help.

Thanks @Mreader, it is showing more color in the photo's than what I see in person. I do think I will enjoy the color being a G for an OEC. At this point planning on having it recut.

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock
Nice! I look forward to seeing the recut. I hope you post all about it here!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock

LOL! Actually one needs all the rings ;-) This is a gorgeous stone!!! Can’t wait to see what you do with it!!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @jaqjaqjaq , I just got to see your setting with my pink sapphire set in it! That was not very smart of me- it's gorgeous!!! I hope all is well with you:)

I use to think that lol! I got tired of not really wearing any of them but my plain Tiffany band. I have been bitten by the lab diamonds and am very excited to get this one recut. Kim N's is so fabulous!!! I love it! Depending on how it seems after I get it back if I like that for an everyday ring or if I feel I need a smaller diamond, I Really want to be done! I know, hahaha, famous last words!!!

What have you been up to with regard to new jewels?! Would love an update!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds , @geckodani , and @Scon_ce !

I take the worst photo's, hence my being hesitant about posting. They never even come close to doing my jewelry justice. I will try to post after it is recut and set.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I am blown away that I have been a member of this amazing community since 2008! Some of the nicest and most helpful people a person could ask for!

Amazed at the treasure trove of information that is available here. All of the people willing to share their knowledge, their creativity.

All of the support on numerous levels. It truly is a family feel here. Lot's of good friends.

When I came here all of those years ago, I learned a lot and got a 3.27 carat round diamond. I also helped my mom. sister, and best friend all get their diamonds. Each of them got over a 2 carat diamond and my sister recently said her diamond is still the prettiest one she has ever seen. I was able to that because of the information available here and the gracious people willing to help, to answer questions, and answer lot's of questions!

I am thrilled to say all of these years later I made the decision to dip my toes into the MMD forum. Pricescopers are still as good as ever. Thank you to everyone who made this process fun, who shared their experiences with their own diamonds, who shared their wealth of information and expertise. Pricescope isn't getting older, it's getting better! It's a really good feeling to know that somethings do stay the same. I appreciate all of you who helped and shared. Thank You!!!!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Hi @jaqjaqjaq , I just got to see your setting with my pink sapphire set in it! That was not very smart of me- it's gorgeous!!! I hope all is well with you:)

I use to think that lol! I got tired of not really wearing any of them but my plain Tiffany band. I have been bitten by the lab diamonds and am very excited to get this one recut. Kim N's is so fabulous!!! I love it! Depending on how it seems after I get it back if I like that for an everyday ring or if I feel I need a smaller diamond, I Really want to be done! I know, hahaha, famous last words!!!

What have you been up to with regard to new jewels?! Would love an update!

I love that setting for you and I was super excited when I saw you post in MMD!

Kim N is so sweet and kind - helps everyone on here! I’m actually about to finally set a round MMD that she helped me pick out - set of earrings (I’ll post the CAD).

I think a recut will be amazing but even if you didn’t that stone is a showstopper on your finger. Or maybe this means you need to have two? LOL

I have two rings in the work with DK - both tourmaline. I don’t think I’m allowed to post them here…one of them is huge and deep, getting a little self conscious of it sitting on my finger.

I hope all is well with you and the fur babies :) DK 95365-QUAD-2.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8799.jpeg
    IMG_8799.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 5

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
Love the size! I think 3ct+ rounds are the sweet spot of being large without being too much imo. I still have doing a recut on my bucket list. Who are you thinking about doing yours? Can’t wait to see the finished project!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is beautiful and I can't wait to see the recut!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I love that setting for you and I was super excited when I saw you post in MMD!

Kim N is so sweet and kind - helps everyone on here! I’m actually about to finally set a round MMD that she helped me pick out - set of earrings (I’ll post the CAD).

I think a recut will be amazing but even if you didn’t that stone is a showstopper on your finger. Or maybe this means you need to have two? LOL

I have two rings in the work with DK - both tourmaline. I don’t think I’m allowed to post them here…one of them is huge and deep, getting a little self conscious of it sitting on my finger.

I hope all is well with you and the fur babies :) DK 95365-QUAD-2.jpeg
Thank you @jaqjaqjaq , that is so nice of you to say that! I'm really enjoying being here!

Kim N is such a generous person! She explains everything so clearly and in a way you can understand easily. She Always answer's all of the questions, all of the time. Very giving of her time and knowledge. A real asset to Pricescope and a genuinely kind person. It doesn't hurt that her own gorgeous diamond provides plenty of inspiration to to others :)

Thank you for being so kind about my new diamond. I wish I wasn't the world's worst photographer! I need a new phone too, that might help at least a little! I might go with a 2.5 carat mrb down the road depending on what size I end up with this diamond after is recut. I just want to be mindful in my collection. I tend to go overboard, not wear what I have, and then feel bad about it. Not a good cycle to get into!

I LOVE your cads!!! They add an ornateness while still looking classic. I have looked at settings for my diamond studs. I don't care for the martini setting, yet most that I have seen are too ornate. Yours are perfection!!!! I can't wait to see them when they are finished! We will need lots of photos!!!

I haven't been in the gemstone forum in quite some time, avoiding temptation! I will have to look there when you post photos of your tourmalines. I have to see the huge one. I love working with David so much. I am excited to do another project with him. It makes me sad when I feel my collection is pretty much complete that I won't get to work with him as much in the future.

I'll be on the look out for all of your new jewels!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Love the size! I think 3ct+ rounds are the sweet spot of being large without being too much imo. I still have doing a recut on my bucket list. Who are you thinking about doing yours? Can’t wait to see the finished project!

@Lcorb thank you. I agree, 3-4 carats in a round are a good size. Though my 3.27 got small awful quickly :) When I look at my new 3.65 it looks huge! Perhaps it will look smaller in time too lol, I hope not!

What kind of a recut are you thinking of doing? I am planning on doing Southwest Cutters in Texas. I can't wait to see the final result too, thank you!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @jaqjaqjaq , that is so nice of you to say that! I'm really enjoying being here!

Kim N is such a generous person! She explains everything so clearly and in a way you can understand easily. She Always answer's all of the questions, all of the time. Very giving of her time and knowledge. A real asset to Pricescope and a genuinely kind person. It doesn't hurt that her own gorgeous diamond provides plenty of inspiration to to others :)

Thank you for being so kind about my new diamond. I wish I wasn't the world's worst photographer! I need a new phone too, that might help at least a little! I might go with a 2.5 carat mrb down the road depending on what size I end up with this diamond after is recut. I just want to be mindful in my collection. I tend to go overboard, not wear what I have, and then feel bad about it. Not a good cycle to get into!

I LOVE your cads!!! They add an ornateness while still looking classic. I have looked at settings for my diamond studs. I don't care for the martini setting, yet most that I have seen are too ornate. Yours are perfection!!!! I can't wait to see them when they are finished! We will need lots of photos!!!

I haven't been in the gemstone forum in quite some time, avoiding temptation! I will have to look there when you post photos of your tourmalines. I have to see the huge one. I love working with David so much. I am excited to do another project with him. It makes me sad when I feel my collection is pretty much complete that I won't get to work with him as much in the future.

I'll be on the look out for all of your new jewels!

You are going to get addicted, trust me hahahaha! Sometimes I have to force myself not to come to the forums to spare myself and my bank account temptation!

Oh gosh, Kim on every level is the best <3 and yet somehow yesterday was the first day I’ve seen her ring and my jaw was on the floor. I don’t think I would ever wear another ring if I had hers ;-)

I know exactly what you mean about your collection. Some days I’m there with you and I want a specifically curated collection…the BAM other days I want all of the collections and wear all the shiny stuff LOL.

Thank you! I was so excited when I found these studs as an inspiration! I’m not a huge princess gal so I figured I would see if David could do them in rounds. So thrilled to have these in the queue will just enough soft vintage flair.

I will definitely tag you when I post the tourmaline pics!

Lcorb

Rough_Rock
@Lcorb thank you. I agree, 3-4 carats in a round are a good size. Though my 3.27 got small awful quickly :) When I look at my new 3.65 it looks huge! Perhaps it will look smaller in time too lol, I hope not!

What kind of a recut are you thinking of doing? I am planning on doing Southwest Cutters in Texas. I can't wait to see the final result too, thank you!

Originally I wanted and OEC but seeing everyone’s transitional cuts on PS may have me going that direction! I won’t be doing mine for quite a while but I love seeing everyone’s recut projects! I will following along to see your progress :love:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Originally I wanted and OEC but seeing everyone’s transitional cuts on PS may have me going that direction! I won’t be doing mine for quite a while but I love seeing everyone’s recut projects! I will following along to see your progress :love:

@Lcorb I completely understand. I use to look on one particular site and I fell in love with that chunky checkerboard pattern. That is what I will be looking for when I get mine done. I'm hoping to get my diamond sent to Southwest Diamond Cutters in October. September is a crazy month so October should be perfect. I am so excited! I love see all of the recuts too. I will look forward to seeing yours.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
peppermintpatty - that is one awesome diamond you snagged!

Thank you @DejaWiz that is high praise indeed coming from you! I have learned so much from you and I know I still have much more to learn. That you for all of your time, for explaining things so I can understand, and for sharing your passion and knowledge with all of us!!! Thank you!!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
You are going to get addicted, trust me hahahaha! Sometimes I have to force myself not to come to the forums to spare myself and my bank account temptation!

Oh gosh, Kim on every level is the best <3 and yet somehow yesterday was the first day I’ve seen her ring and my jaw was on the floor. I don’t think I would ever wear another ring if I had hers ;-)

I know exactly what you mean about your collection. Some days I’m there with you and I want a specifically curated collection…the BAM other days I want all of the collections and wear all the shiny stuff LOL.

Thank you! I was so excited when I found these studs as an inspiration! I’m not a huge princess gal so I figured I would see if David could do them in rounds. So thrilled to have these in the queue will just enough soft vintage flair.

I will definitely tag you when I post the tourmaline pics!

I'm going to try my best to not get addicted, I have to start getting wiser at some point I hope!!! I completely understand. There is a lot of temptation here. So much fun and learning though. I'm trying to practice self control lol! Trying!

Kim is the best!!! I can't believe you're just seeing her ring. Did your jaw hit the ground too? It is so beautiful, breathtaking!!!

I just wanted to buy things I would wear. Not just look at. It's so easy to love so much, at least for me. I want to buy what works for me. I'm trying to get to a point where I don't have to buy every pretty thing I see. I'm a work in progress. ;-)

They will look fabulous in rounds too. I can't wait to see them, we will need pictures of you wearing them!!

I am dying to see this big tourmaline!!! Please do tag me!!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
@Lcorb I completely understand. I use to look on one particular site and I fell in love with that chunky checkerboard pattern. That is what I will be looking for when I get mine done. I'm hoping to get my diamond sent to Southwest Diamond Cutters in October. September is a crazy month so October should be perfect. I am so excited! I love see all of the recuts too. I will look forward to seeing yours.

I’m curious about this process of buying to recut. Did you look for certain parameters in your stone that would make it “easier” to recut to a transitional? Or knowledge of general weight loss that occurs in recutting that would allow you to “buy up” from your desired outcome weight?

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I’m curious about this process of buying to recut. Did you look for certain parameters in your stone that would make it “easier” to recut to a transitional? Or knowledge of general weight loss that occurs in recutting that would allow you to “buy up” from your desired outcome weight?

@RMOO I wasn't certain I was going to recut. I've owned a 3.27 carat round EMD but it wasn't a hearts and arrows diamond. So I really did want to know if that would make my heart sing. I think it's beautiful, but I don't think I would love it more than a transitional. So no I didn't look for any particular parameters. I think I had dumb luck on my side. It is a touch bigger than I am comfortable with for everyday wear, so I am hopeful with the recut it will be a perfect size. It doesn't seem like people loose a lot of carat weight or diameter particular. So I don't know that you need to buy up so to speak. If you do, I don't think you'd need to by much,

I think @Kim N would be an excellent person to answer your questions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results