shape
carat
color
clarity

ISO Loose Moissanite

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

TLDR: does anyone know a good place to purchase loose moissanite stones?

Long version:
I'm thinking about using moissanite to update or recreate a travel ring that I've worn and loved for many years. I still love the setting, but the CZ stones aren't wowing me anymore. I can't unsee the difference bw CZ and diamonds now (even though the CZ is fine, it's not scratched or chipped even after many years). I don't want to spend a whole lot, so I figured moissanite is more cost effective than lab diamonds. I've also looked at moissanite rings for sale, but did not find anything I liked better than my current ring, guess I'm attached to it! Need to see what's available in loose stones to help me figure out if this is a silly project idea or not. Thanks in advance!

ETA: Wasn't sure where to post this, hope I got it right. Just let me know if this should go somewhere else =)2

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All,

TLDR: does anyone know a good place to purchase loose moissanite stones?

Long version:
I'm thinking about using moissanite to update or recreate a travel ring that I've worn and loved for many years. I still love the setting, but the CZ stones aren't wowing me anymore. I can't unsee the difference bw CZ and diamonds now (even though the CZ is fine, it's not scratched or chipped even after many years). I don't want to spend a whole lot, so I figured moissanite is more cost effective than lab diamonds. I've also looked at moissanite rings for sale, but did not find anything I liked better than my current ring, guess I'm attached to it! Need to see what's available in loose stones to help me figure out if this is a silly project idea or not. Thanks in advance!

ETA: Wasn't sure where to post this, hope I got it right. Just let me know if this should go somewhere else =)2

So many options! Distinctive Gem (more expensive but people like his specialty cuts), Debebians, Chinese vendors such as Tianyu, Starsgem, or Provence. I think you could ask the mods to move this to Fabulous Fashion Jewelry for more replies.
Edits: also DiamondRensu on Etsy:https://www.etsy.com/shop/diamondrensu

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Do you have information on the size of the stone and shape?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I bought a nice Asscher moissy from Vibratii on Instagram. He cut it to my specs. He was recommended by another PSer who really has a good eye.
Ankit (diamondrensu) is the only Indian seller I'd trust at this point. The stuff from China that I see on reddit is all over the board, some fabulous, some oh dear!

Adding Flawless Moissanite, New York, London, Dubai. Looks gorgeous.

Last edited:

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info @Ibrakeforpossums! (Love your screen name BTW!!)

@MMtwo I'm not positive of the mm sizes. It's a 3 stone with elongated cushion cuts (also sorta crushed ice which I don't like anymore now too). I'm gonna have DH take exact measurements to be certain, but I'm pretty sure the sides are about 6x4mm each and the center is about 9x7mm.

I'm in the early stages of considering this project so wanted to "window shop" moissanite vendors. Just dunno where to find good ones and those that can be trusted for good stones and cuts. These recommendations are all very helpful!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, @Frenchieglitter! I'm about to post three August Vintage moissanites for sale on LoupeTroop. They're all from Distinctive Gem; I bought them via LT from fellow PSers. One is a modern round brilliant, and the other two are August Vintage elongated cushions. I think the smaller cushion measures 9 x 7mm. I'll double-check, but I just wanted to give you a heads-up in case it might fit what you're looking for.

Andrew Smith

Rough_Rock
Trade
Have you checked out Etsy? They have a bunch of sellers offering loose moissanite stones, and you can often find unique cuts and sizes.

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Hi @Redwoods-hiker-girl
I havent yet decided if I'm going to proceed with the idea, but thanks for the info. I'll check it out!

Have you checked out Etsy? They have a bunch of sellers offering loose moissanite stones, and you can often find unique cuts and sizes.

Hi Andrew, I have checked etsy, but thanks! I was almost obsessively looking on etsy haha. Nothing struck me so far and I'm reluctant to order on etsy when it's shipping from overseas. I'd just rather not deal with issues to return an etsy item that doesnt meet my expectations. Past experience on etsy has made me a bit leary of the site in some cases.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results