shape
carat
color
clarity

ISO Advice on Matching a Chain to a .25 ct diamond on WG bail

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DW has her fair share of pendants, and we have some experience dealing with roll over and flipping issues. We found that going to a different style of chain sometimes helps solve the problem without having to wrestle with changing the bale or slide. It's best to have a continuously smooth chain so the corners of links don't catch on an edge of the bale or slide and jerk the pendant into motion.

The best smooth chain design style we have found is the wheat or spiga chain. The round box style can also work. Here's a photo of a wheat chain, hope this helps.

14KW Wheat 2.9g 18.5in 5.jpg

PS. Pawn shops usually have yellow gold chains, white gold not so much. Expect to negotiate a price based on the gram weight of the chain. Spot price of 14K gold is currently around $29/gm, 18K is $37/gm.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
DW has her fair share of pendants, and we have some experience dealing with roll over and flipping issues. We found that going to a different style of chain sometimes helps solve the problem without having to wrestle with changing the bale or slide. It's best to have a continuously smooth chain so the corners of links don't catch on an edge of the bale or slide and jerk the pendant into motion.

The best smooth chain design style we have found is the wheat or spiga chain. The round box style can also work. Here's a photo of a wheat chain, hope this helps.

14KW Wheat 2.9g 18.5in 5.jpg

PS. Pawn shops usually have yellow gold chains, white gold not so much. Expect to negotiate a price based on the gram weight of the chain. Spot price of 14K gold is currently around $29/gm, 18K is $37/gm.
Great tips, thanks!

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Update for anyone who cares: I had my jeweller make the diamond fixed by adding tiny jump rings to the and it sits perfectly! I know I now will deal with diamond 0DA4421D-33CA-4CE4-A93A-FD5A9D0D5115.jpeg migration but I love that I’ve maintained the floaty look.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh it’s so pretty! ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results