shape
carat
color
clarity

Is your Engagement ring your most expensive piece of jewelry?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My 10-year upgrade ( in my avatar) is my most expensive piece from a monetary standpoint, but my solitaire pendant (1.1ct FVVS2) is priceless, because it is my mom’s first diamond that my dad saved 14 years for....it is the epitome of true love (they celebrate 46 years of marital bliss) and she married a penniless country lad, who has gone on to work hard, and give her many more beautiful pieces,

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes I don't have any other piece of jewelry that was even close. All my previous rings had a 1.5 ct or smaller.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, because my husband has an ego. LOL. My last engagement ring was 3.75ct, and its replacement was a 4ct. My husband "HAD" to beat it at 4.08ct and increase the color/clarity because ego.

I kinda laughed about it before, but now as I'm itching and bugging for an upgrade, I asked why his ego didn't increase it to a 5 ;-)

Your husband needs to have a "sit down" with mine. ;-)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, my ering is by far my most expensive piece of jewelry. Since I'm a ORTRTA gal, it always will be.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, my ering is by far my most expensive piece of jewelry. Since I'm a ORTRTA gal, it always will be.

Haha I want to be that kind of gal! Sigh. Instead I have had 3 pieces of bling made in the past 2 months!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
In a word, yes.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a couple of weeks late to this discussion, but I found it so interesting to read. Hope no one minds that I'm resurrecting this thread.

My e-ring is not my most expensive piece of jewelry - far from it! My now-husband and I were poor college students when we got engaged (high school sweethearts), so I have an $800 mall ring. It seemed huge and expensive at the time - less so now. ;-)

My most expensive piece of jewelry (many, many, many times over) is my 10 year anniversary right-hand ring. And I have plenty of other jewelry that's more expensive than my e-ring: wedding ring, small BGD studs, Cartier DBTY-style necklace, Tiffany pearls, Tiffany olive leaf band, and a silver Farandole necklace from Hermes. Heck, I even have a few purses worth more than my e-ring.

This spring for my 15th anniversary, I'm having my e-ring repurposed. The diamond will go into a custom pave rose gold flower pendant and the setting will be used to create a new band (working with Maytal Hannah). I'll miss the little guy, but I never wear it anymore and I'm excited to have meaningful new pieces. Then for my 20th anniversary I'm planning a new e-ring. Now THAT will be my most expensive piece of jewelry when it's done. :lol:

Here are my e-ring and wedding band:
IMG_4365.JPG
Here are my 10 year anniversary rings:
DSCF7847-2.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8174.jpg
    DSCF8174.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF7847.jpg
    DSCF7847.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 25

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just now seeing this, so I'll play!

Yes, my AVR ring (avatar pic) is my most expensive piece followed by my WF ACA studs and then the antique asscher ring.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, my gold Longines watch (10th anniversary) and my inherited black Opal pendant are probably my most expensive pieces... but there is always time later to upgrade my ring! :lol-2:
IMG_0266.jpg
A774C117-6A80-4F56-B24D-A267DB1AF81F.jpeg

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Yes, but if I got new jewelry, I wouldn't be weirded out that a right hand ring was more expensive than my engagement ring. I'm definitely set to inherit rings and earrings worth more than my ring.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, my gold Longines watch (10th anniversary) and my inherited black Opal pendant are probably my most expensive pieces... but there is always time later to upgrade my ring! :lol-2:
IMG_0266.jpg
A774C117-6A80-4F56-B24D-A267DB1AF81F.jpeg

I’m so jealous of these inherited black opals!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have an Ering. ;(

Reactions: AV_

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, my e-ring is my most expensive piece as well. I never thought I would have anything like it, to be honest. That was my first diamond, but I've more than made up for that deficit since. :lol:

_22241.jpg

imag0486-sml.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
28547816_10156077229634687_1237342976_o.jpg
Yes, my e-ring is by far my most expensive piece. I've upgraded the diamonds once and remodelled it once also (it was originally a 3 stone), so a fair bit of time, effort and $$ has gone into it. I never thought I'd be able to own something so amazing, I feel really fortunate. But it's fitting (albeit a bit soppy) because like our marriage, the ring has evolved and gotten bigger and better!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, my 3 stone ACA/ES ring in my avatar is my most expensive piece bought at once, BUT my engagement ring + all the times I've reset it is by far the ring I've spent the most money on.. my AVC that I gifted to my son for his wife's engagement ring was equal to the price I paid for my MRB stone/enagement ring from '87, the stone rated an AGS 2, I'm not quite sure it's the first stone anyway.. but it's not GIA or AGS rated per se, I had it appraised by 2 different jewelers over the years each giving me a different weight,color and clarity. The stone means mucho to me and I will give it to my second son when and if he wants it, but he seems to only care about career at this point. My plan was to put it in a pendant, but so far I'm either too lazy or too cheap! anyway.. my favorite stone will always be my engagement stone (which is really my 2nd stone from this hubby but the first one was a D colored oval, 1 ct that had a bowtie I couldn't stand so when I quit smoking we upgraded to a 1.66 or 1.61 stone, not sure anymore.. anyway.. short story long as usual with me :)

happy new year!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, my 3 stone ACA/ES ring in my avatar is my most expensive piece bought at once, BUT my engagement ring + all the times I've reset it is by far the ring I've spent the most money on.. my AVC that I gifted to my son for his wife's engagement ring was equal to the price I paid for my MRB stone/enagement ring from '87, the stone rated an AGS 2, I'm not quite sure it's the first stone anyway.. but it's not GIA or AGS rated per se, I had it appraised by 2 different jewelers over the years each giving me a different weight,color and clarity. The stone means mucho to me and I will give it to my second son when and if he wants it, but he seems to only care about career at this point. My plan was to put it in a pendant, but so far I'm either too lazy or too cheap! anyway.. my favorite stone will always be my engagement stone (which is really my 2nd stone from this hubby but the first one was a D colored oval, 1 ct that had a bowtie I couldn't stand so when I quit smoking we upgraded to a 1.66 or 1.61 stone, not sure anymore.. anyway.. short story long as usual with me :)

happy new year!

I love all your stories and all your beautiful bling too :kiss2: and you are a generous and loving mom and your kids (including your DILs) are super lucky to have you as their mom!:appl:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
My ering is my most expensive! Part of this is because I’m Australian and bought my stone in the USA and had it set by Victor Canera so what was around $26,000 all up cost me $36000 I adore it though! IMG_0096.JPG

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous laurenk!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results