shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Wen Pearls on Etsy legit?

Kameron Logan

Rough_Rock
Hello there! I am getting into pearls and I was wondering does Wen Pearls on Etsy sell real pearls? Also, how is the experience with them?Thanks!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our pearl princess will be along shorty to assure you Wen is very good
i myself am going to purchases from them shortly

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wen Pearls is legit, however, you get what you pay for - more for cheap and cheerful fun pearls for DIY purposes IMHO.

DK :))

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! Legit, and a lower price point than the major online sellers, but lower quality. And not all DIY-- there are some completed necklaces, including Tahitians.
KongsPearl on Etsy is also legit.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree! Legit, and a lower price point than the major online sellers, but lower quality. And not all DIY-- there are some completed necklaces, including Tahitians.
KongsPearl on Etsy is also legit.

Im really looking forward to just having fun with Wen pearls
im not looking for the crown jewles
(Well not yet)

And Im thinking they can be no worse than the freshies that get sold here down the mall here but a heck of a lot cheaper

I must go have a look at Kongs pearls
Thank you

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They sell real pearls , most are in the lower end for quality and price. So you get what you pay for... I've never tried their products as I use my own suppliers of higher end pearls. That said, most people have been happy with what they received and felt that they were as described.

Kameron Logan

Rough_Rock
They sell real pearls , most are in the lower end for quality and price. So you get what you pay for... I've never tried their products as I use my own suppliers of higher end pearls. That said, most people have been happy with what they received and felt that they were as described.

Awesome! That is good to know! What suppliers do you like?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! That is good to know! What suppliers do you like?

I’ll jump in for katbran as she’s limited in what she can say as a tradeperson:
Oh my goodness. No vendor is going to reveal his or her suppliers! Especially on a public forum! Nor should any vendor ever feel obligated to! The vast majority of suppliers don’t and won’t work with end-consumers anyway.

As an end-consumer, you choose your retailer, and it’s up to your retailer to either source what you’re looking for or decline the project.

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's legit but like others have said you get what you pay for. I used to buy about 3 strands of her Tahitians, remove the duds and make a necklace that was good quality. Over the years the strands that I made have held up, no issues with the pearls losing their luster. And honestly- some of her strands were better than some of the strands I bought from higher priced, popular vendors.

pammbw

Rough_Rock
I’ve bought many things from Wen, and been happy with most. My advice is to stick with AA+ and above quality. Check photos carefully and know your sizes in real life. As with every pearl dealer photos are done in a light box under perfect lighting conditions so normal household lighting when you open the package will make the pearls look different. She has some nice Tahitians for good prices.

pammbw

Rough_Rock
She's legit but like others have said you get what you pay for. I used to buy about 3 strands of her Tahitians, remove the duds and make a necklace that was good quality. Over the years the strands that I made have held up, no issues with the pearls losing their luster. And honestly- some of her strands were better than some of the strands I bought from higher priced, popular vendors.

I have done this with fresh waters too. Bought multiple strands and picked the best 2 for pendants then sorted the rest into necklaces of A grade and B grade. She will also sell lots of earring grade pearls and drill them for a necklace. Best way to go.

pammbw

Rough_Rock
Wen Pearls is legit, however, you get what you pay for - more for cheap and cheerful fun pearls for DIY purposes IMHO.

DK :))

Agree. These are not gem grade pearls, but pretty nonetheless

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just wanted to check in and say my Wen pearls arrived and im very impressed how quickly they got here from China
im really happy with them
they look pretty close/ close enough to the shop photos on etsy

i know these are cheap pearls - i brought them as cheap pearls
but they are perfect for my two little projects
its not like im renovating the crown jewels :lol-2:
what i have is a sow's ear (that i quite like) - and i don't need to make it into a silk purse to enjoy it and wear it
i know the luster isnt anywhere near PS standard but its also about pretty much same luster they sell at main street/ mall jewlers here - so i got a bargain !

my probable next Wen purchase will require @yssie 's approval but this order was small change and im happy

actually as i took them out of my letterbox on the way to work i kept sneaking a look at them throughout the working day !

897494 897493

ill show you what im going to do with them tomorrow

agingsparkle

Shiny_Rock
i just wanted to check in and say my Wen pearls arrived and im very impressed how quickly they got here from China
im really happy with them
they look pretty close/ close enough to the shop photos on etsy

i know these are cheap pearls - i brought them as cheap pearls
but they are perfect for my two little projects
its not like im renovating the crown jewels :lol-2:
what i have is a sow's ear (that i quite like) - and i don't need to make it into a silk purse to enjoy it and wear it
i know the luster isnt anywhere near PS standard but its also about pretty much same luster they sell at main street/ mall jewlers here - so i got a bargain !

my probable next Wen purchase will require @yssie 's approval but this order was small change and im happy

actually as i took them out of my letterbox on the way to work i kept sneaking a look at them throughout the working day !

1658802158176354234803.jpg 16588021377351596480349.jpg

ill show you what im going to do with them tomorrow

Ooh, which ones are these? I have an order from them on the way -- have been teaching myself to string beads, and have 2 kinds of pearls from Wen and freshwaters plus 2 kinds of beads (chrysocolla/malachite, and sleeping beauty turquoise) from Druzy Design on order having checked the recommended lists. I have one to add -- have been getting the nicest gold (not plated or filled!) findings from thegembee on etsy, and just got some really nice small blue flash moonstones from her with super fast shipping. Now I just have to get better at stringing!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, which ones are these? I have an order from them on the way -- have been teaching myself to string beads, and have 2 kinds of pearls from Wen and freshwaters plus 2 kinds of beads (chrysocolla/malachite, and sleeping beauty turquoise) from Druzy Design on order having checked the recommended lists. I have one to add -- have been getting the nicest gold (not plated or filled!) findings from thegembee on etsy, and just got some really nice small blue flash moonstones from her with super fast shipping. Now I just have to get better at stringing!

you are very inspiring
and thank you for the recommendation, the gem bee seem to be very reasonably priced - i have a couple of things i don't want to use gold filled on (hooefully i had the etsy settings in $NZ) and they may be a good option

my Wen pearls are nothing special - it was kind of a test order - unrelated but im not happy how NZ post or NZ customs opened them either as Etsy does handle the tax for the NZ govt grrrrrrrrr
anyway
the little grey ones are going on an extension (to combat fat neck) on a new configuration of two early '00's dyed freshwater and silver wire necklaces im combining to make it into one so it'll become something I'll actually wear and being at the back i don't need high luster - its almost laughable now how much those necklaces cost 20 years ago (im talking like at least a week's wages back then)
anyway im rethinking the blue cheapies and might upgrade
but honestly nothing lost because they only cost as much as a very average block of chocolate - but i might be able to pick out the most colourful ones and use them

im just working on my next order.
definatly following advice and ordering AAA and also an extra strand for most things so i can pick the best ones

Wen must have the most reasonable shipping costs on Etsy which is a big selling point for me

i just dont have the dexterity or the conference to knott - i know i need to learn - I'd probably need to get an electrician in first to improve the abysmal lighting in this mid century box !

excuse the ramble

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
got some nice little cheapie potato pearls at my front door today
hardly took anytime to get here at all
just putting this out here in case anyone ever searches out this thread
very reasonable shipping

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just got my 3rd order
again two weeks plus the one to two day hold up at NZ customs
ordered aaa this time and compairing to learn the difference

there will be pictures once i get a new phone :roll:

oh
i have gone this long with phone problems :(2

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You get what you pay for with Wen but they can be nice pearls. Here are two pieces I strung today using pearls from Wen.

1689795930057.jpeg

1689796008054.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You get what you pay for with Wen but they can be nice pearls. Here are two pieces I strung today using pearls from Wen.

1689795930057.jpeg

1689796008054.jpeg

im really impressed
you did very well
it just hurts my hands so much to even just string beads, let alone knot and i would never be able to atache the clasp neat enough, you have done a great job and now they are ready to wear out !

i love that big pretty flower, that is right up my alley (the colour matching looks perfect on my screen)
the strand i am prennially working on is my white silver and ennamel daisy charms, the charms cost at most $25ea (before inflation) and as nice as i think they are they will never warrent an Andrew Mollan strand :(2

so yes, i feel that Wen is perfect for my fun little projects,
im not trying to recreate the crown jewles

i read around here a wee while ago, one of our pearl princessess advised to always buy two strands from Wen so one can pick out the best ones

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty @Catmom

Those tahitians look so vibrant.

Can you share what batch you bought and approximately how many were nice in the strand?

Thanks! The whites are the 7.4-8.3mm AAA white near round FWs. There were 50 or so pearls in the strand and I'd say maybe 7 or 8 pearls were less than the others. If I had another strand I would have replaced them but overall I thought they were fairly nice for the price I paid.

The bracelet is actually baroque FWs AA Green Black. I bought a 60" necklace that I took apart and picked out the better ones for a necklace I am doing and these were some of the ones that were left. When I feel more confident with my stringing I will get some Tahitians but until then I am using cheap FWs, lol. I just redid the white one again this morning as I wasn't happy with the stringing. I think I finally have one I will keep.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results