shape
carat
color
clarity

Is wearing an Eternity Ring on your Right Hand a good idea?

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Or no?
Thoughts on this Asscher U-Prong Diamond Eternity Ring in Platinum (2 ctw)

Not worth it?

asscher-u-prong-diamond-eternity-band-1_1.jpg

My RHR is a promise ring my husband gave me from James Avery 5 years ago...here it is: rg-1412-ss-size.jpg

Should I change it? Here is my current set: image_313.jpg

Too much bling going on?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Is wearing an Eternity Ring on your Right Hand a good id

It's a beautiful ring :love: I sometimes wear my full eternity on my right hand because three bands with a total width of almost 9mm gets tight in the heat, but mine was re-made into a sturdy, solid chanel set after the original went off round 4 times in less than 4 years. Many women here wear their eternity on the right hand though. It depends on what you'll be up to & how hard you are on your hands?

And I :love: your wedding set. Don't change it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wear an eternity as a RHR. :love: I think your current set is lovely but it's fun to change it up. I also have a RHR my husband gave me. A Tiffany sterling ring with four rows of hearts.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock

Would it be a good idea to invest in this Asscher beauty???

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock

Anybody?? Or is it better to just keep things simple?

simurgh

Rough_Rock

The asscher band is really pretty. I wouldn't say any diamonds are investments, so I'd just buy it if you like it. I wear my eternity on the right bc I can usually only deal with one ring per finger. If you get it I wouldn't have it compete with your earring ... I would wear it on the right. One thing to look at .... There seems to be slid metal underneath the stones ... You probably want yo make sure there's a good way to clean underneath the stones or pick a different uprong style.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a gorgeous ring and would look great on the right hand. It's not an investment. Only you know if it's a good deal.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock

simurgh|1460835753|4020124 said:
The asscher band is really pretty. I wouldn't say any diamonds are investments, so I'd just buy it if you like it. I wear my eternity on the right bc I can usually only deal with one ring per finger. If you get it I wouldn't have it compete with your earring ... I would wear it on the right. One thing to look at .... There seems to be slid metal underneath the stones ... You probably want yo make sure there's a good way to clean underneath the stones or pick a different uprong style.

I just REALLY want a piece of asscher jewelry and I am devastated that all asscher tennis bracelets are like $50,000 :( I don't know what to do... :(( :cry:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

caribbeanbridetobe|1460816417|4019988 said:
Would it be a good idea to invest in this Asscher beauty???

As an 'investment', no.

Unlike gold bullion, a bushel of wheat, or a barrel of Brent crude oil, diamonds are not a commodity.
There is no universally agreed-to price at which you could buy or sell while paying only a relatively-tiny fee.

Diamonds are horrible investments.
They lose more value when you drive them off the lot than does a new car.
You and I must buy at retail but sell at wholesale ... perhaps half of retail ... though the exact number is super duper hush hush secret jealously guarded by the cool people who really know. :roll:
Value would have to double to just break even.

The 'diamond investors' who do well are retail diamond vendors.
Oh, and those who bought huge pink and blue ones a generation ago.

But if you love it by all means buy it and enjoy it.
Put your investment funds into real investments.
Ignore anything any diamond seller tells you about 'investments'.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi! As an owner of an asscher band I have to say that I would personally avoid an asscher eternity. Asschers are real dirt magnets and I have to clean my band very often to keep the diamonds shining. Diamonds on the inside if the hand would get even dirtier! If I were you I would get a 1/2 or 3/4 band, or even a five or seven stone band with asschers. Asschers look really cool in a band (though I am biased) so I think getting a band is a great idea if youre set on getting asschers. :appl:
I have reservations about eternity bands for practical reasons too, but I know many people here like them. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ditto. I'd get a 7 stone. That way you can get larger stones (and appreciate the faceting) across the top of your finger where you see it everyday.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock

What are your reservations on eternity bands? Please share.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

caribbeanbridetobe|1460912328|4020455 said:

What are your reservations on eternity bands? Please share.

Hmm, where to start...

First of all, wearing a band with stones inside the hand means you cant carry anything with that hand without risking damage to the ring. Carrying a bag against prongs is not safe. Unless the bag is very light in weight and soft! Having stones all the way around also means that the ring is not as sturdy as a ring with a plain band. Think swiss cheese.

I think some may want an eternity to avoid issues with a ring spinning. I think that is problematic because the stones on the underside get dirty so you dont want them up anyway. But then maybe I am crazy ocd re clean diamonds. I have never experienced any problems with spinning so dont really see the problem with that either.

Another problem is the size of the stones. I personally think 0.1 ct is ok, but wouldnt want the stones larger between my fingers because then the depth in combination with the prongs make the ring uncomfortable to wear. So if you want bigger stones, I wouldnt go eternity either.

For me these issues are enough to never consider an eternity, but as I wrote, many people do like them and I agree that they look cool. This is simply my opinion.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for sharing, I found a rose gold 7 stone asscher eternity on Etsy. Thoughts? And approximately 0.10 carat each diamond, with a total carat weight of 0.75.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/274403442/075ct-diamond-band-7-stone-asscher-cut

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock

Nobody??

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

In 4 years I havnt damaged my eternity at all. Get the full eternity, you will wish you did.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

caribbeanbridetobe said:
Thank you for sharing, I found a rose gold 7 stone eternity on Etsy. Thoughts? And approximately 0.10 carat each diamond, with a total carat weight of 0.75.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/274403442/075ct-diamond-band-7-stone-asscher-cut

I think the stones seem to sit a bit high in that setting. Have you tried a setting like that on your hand? Sorry I cant say anything else re the ring. :wavey: Maybe post a new thread with a new question re 7 stone ring and you will get more replies.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock

AprilBaby|1460947566|4020644 said:
In 4 years I havnt damaged my eternity at all. Get the full eternity, you will wish you did.

It's settled! Asscher eternity it is! We will be purchasing in a the next month or so. It's a good grownup upgrade from my James Avery don't you think?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't wait to see pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results