shape
carat
color
clarity

Is USA Certed Diamonds‏ legit?

nflor001

Rough_Rock
Their website looks like crap and their prices are pretty low.

Thanks.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, they're legit. It looks to be a pretty lean operation and they've been around for years. They're pretty aggressive on pricing and they apparently use a discount web designer. Perhaps that saves them money that they're passing on to you. :naughty:

Anon-E-Mouse

Rough_Rock
Trade
Prices are good, yes, but the two times I went to buy a stone they mysteriously became "unavailable". Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is they're a Canadian drop-shipper and know as much about the diamonds as you do -- i.e., they don't ever see 'em, they just phone in the orders.

Whois Record

Registrant:
IGS Inc.
137 Rodeo Drive
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 4Y6
CA

Domain name: USACERTEDDIAMONDS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Sheffield, Martin
137 Rodeo Drive
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 4Y6
CA
9057314247 Fax: 9058892953

Technical Contact:
NOC, BlueGenesis.com
56 Aberfoyle Cres.
Suite 606
Toronto, ON M8X 2W4
CA
416-239-6987 Fax: 416-239-7100

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They do have a low end looking website and they also seem to offer diamonds at very low mark-ups. For someone not looking for the ultimate level of detail or service, then something has to be sacrificed and I suppose a good looking website, ten different photos of the stone and an actual examination of the diamond to be sent all might be on the chopping block to reduce the cost of doing business. It costs a great deal to stock inventory and to create the fabulous websites some vendors here offer to consumers. I think you will find USA Certed legitimate, as my own appraisal experiences with Mr. Sheffield and his clients have all be good ones, but you can name several other vendors here who do their selling process with some added features. You may find those added features "optional" or "necessary" depending on your own set of needs.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must admit that their website is not as user friendly to navigate. The diamonds I found were usually on here linked to their website which makes it easier for me to navigate through. There were a couple of times when I did inquire on a diamond and Martin has mentioned that the diamond was located in Mumbai so it would cost more to ship to me than what is listed so just be aware that it may not be in the states if you are in the States. That was my only experience with USA Certed diamonds.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
From my readings here they are legit and have good reviews.

I would call and work personally with Martin rather than waste time on the website though.

The online virtual databases are not updated very frequently, generally, so it is not uncommon to see a stone and find out it is "unavailable".

Anon-E-Mouse

Rough_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D said:
From my readings here they are legit and have good reviews.

Ok. But from whom?

Dreamer_D said:
I would call and work personally with Martin rather than waste time on the website though.

If they take time to set up an online shop then my contacting them online should never be considered "wasting my time". I sent two emails to this guy for a purchase and received no response both times. Too many fish in the sea. I say, move on.

cadarn

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't recommend them if you live in the US. It was a real pain trying to transfer the funds to a foreign bank, and Martin was very adamant about making sure they didn't convert to a foreign currency. I wound up paying part credit card to simplify and racked up some large fees. You definitely want another company to do some scans and such of the diamond, as I had to return one and USA certed charged me $200 in return costs. They also wouldn't refund the credit card, and sent a check, so I was stuck with the cc fees. Overall they try to hard to protect their low margins and left me with the costs. Remember this is a dropshipper that never sees the diamonds, has a 7 day return policy with charges, and of course no upgrade policy. I wish I had gone through whiteflash or james allen to evaluate the diamond and then set it for me.

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
I agree the website is just awful looking! :shock: It seems odd that is called USA when all the addresses are Canadian? :confused:

Kyclaire

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sorry to revive the thread. Would just like to know if anyone has worked with them recently?

Emailed them a couple of weeks ago but didnt receive any replies at all until recently there was this "TEST" email from Martin Sheffield and then no replies thus far.. :confused:

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Kyclaire|1363231644|3404508 said:
Sorry to revive the thread. Would just like to know if anyone has worked with them recently?

Emailed them a couple of weeks ago but didnt receive any replies at all until recently there was this "TEST" email from Martin Sheffield and then no replies thus far.. :confused:

Call. Email Has been hit or miss for me too. On the phone he has been good.

sakari_8

Shiny_Rock
Kyclaire|1363231644|3404508 said:

You could call them but no reply for couple of weeks makes me think the Service level of customer service is not good,
I wonder if I buy the product and have problem with it and no response how this will make me feel. Please be careful.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am working with Martin right now and he has been nothing but great. I will get my diamond next week and will let you know my thoughts. It's a 3.02 GIA triple Ex.
I didn't like the website much either so I called him directly and we have been talking back and forth about my search and he is every bit the professional.
I disgree and say that Martin knows more about diamonds than you or I, as he is a G.G (GIA), G.J (CJI) A.A (CJI)

ChedWick

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't discount them based on their website. I mean, good old gold has a pretty awful website but are very much loved around here and as far as my noobie self can tell, they are all around great.

thediamondshopper

Rough_Rock
Trade
ChedWick|1363264201|3404621 said:
I wouldn't discount them based on their website. I mean, good old gold has a pretty awful website but are very much loved around here and as far as my noobie self can tell, they are all around great.

I agree not to judge a book by its cover, but on the contrary I actually like the good old gold website. It has a comfortable feel to it.

Trudii

Rough_Rock
ChedWick|1363264201|3404621 said:

Agree GOG's website made me cringe, but the reviews here were so good I took a chance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results