shape
carat
color
clarity

Is tiffany really a rip off ? Buy second hand tiffany?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgan

Rough_Rock
I am having a hard time eyeballing good quality diamonds at reasonable prices in australia.

It seems that stores rarely have well cut diamonds, and if they do its only 1 or 2 stones at a price of A$15k - $20k per carat which is similar to tiffany pricing here (without the name) and alot more expensive than I would have hoped.

I have looked at cutnuts online selection as suggested in my last post and although I am sure his selection of stones would be the best in the country, his pricing is also similar to a tiffany.

There is an online "icestore" in aus that has ok 1 carat diamonds for around 10k but they dont provide much information about cut.

The only option to tiffany I can find that gives me any where near the comfort I think is prudent for the amount of money I will be spending is good old gold online where I can find an excellent 1 carat stone for A$11k.

Can I confidently buy a stone from good old gold knowing from the info there that it will perform well. There is a 1 and a bit carat there AGS000 (not H&A) that I like and looks great there but am nervous about what it will look like in person.

Or should I just bite the bullet and buy from tiffany where they have an excellent selection, where the cut will be better than 90odd percent of stones and where I can look at the ring to see if it speaks to me.

Im also wondering if I should consider a second hand tiffany - there have been 2 for sale on this site over the last 2 months from my searches of the site that interest me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results