shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondBuyer2005

Rough_Rock
New to this game and just getting my feet wet. I found a private party in the classifieds whom is selling this ring for $3,500. Can someone please give me their opinion on this, as I think it sounds excellent. Thanks in advance! Viewable on EGL''''s website www.eglusa.com under this diamond number 76630302D. Here are the basics: Round, 2.21ct, K-L, SI2, Table 60.4%, Dimensions 8.11x8.1x5.32, Flourescence None.

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
For some reason, alot of information is missing on the EGL site. Not sure why. I have looked up other EGL stones and all the info was intact. Maybe an expert will have more info!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
By my calculations, the depth of the stone (which should be listed on the report) is 65.7. It has a diameter of a well-cut 2.00 carat, and the poor cut will make it even duller.

That said, here on PS K SI2 EGL stones of that size are selling for about $4k to $4500 per carat, and L SI2 EGL stones are selling for about $3k to $3500 per carat. So 2.2 carats for that price is quite a discount.

The question is, why is there so little information on the report? Why is there a color range? I''ve never seen EGL give a range like that before. Where is all the other information?

The classifieds are a good way to get a discount you wouldn''t find elsewhere, but unless you were looking for a 2+ carat K-L SI2 stone with a mediocre to poor cut, I wouldn''t spend the money on it. That''s like buying a crappy car just because it was selling for half of its blue book value. I''d look in the 1.25 to 1.99 I-K, SI1-SI2 range for a well cut stone with a (full) report from a reputable lab. Is your budget pretty much set at $3500? If so, 1.25 is more realistic. Example: 1.27 K SI2 EGL report with medium blue flourescence (a plus with a K stone).

If you''ve got the time, you might want to read some of the threads here or check out the tutorial. There is a lot to learn, and if you decide to shop around before deciding anything, knowledge is power!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results