shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this what to look for in the LAB grown swamp?

SabineH

Rough_Rock
I see prices differ so much. No I found this website through pricescope loose grown diamond and they are super cheap, they are legit right?

If I look for a certified diamond that has noted hearts & arrows. HPHT type 2 D to E color, so no funky tint, it should be good right?

SabineH

Rough_Rock
And is looking for an 2a type enough to not have phosphorescence?

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Type 2 A isn’t always noted on the certificate for HPHT. But if you’re looking in the DEF range and no post growth treatment, it’s likely a 2 A.

Can’t speak about LGD. I’ve never used them.

I just bought a Precision Cut lab round from Whiteflash. HPHT, no post growth. D color. IGI Ideal hearts and arrows. It’s lovely. And worth the premium since it’s already vetted and held for stock by WF.

SabineH

Rough_Rock
Type 2 A isn’t always noted on the certificate for HPHT. But if you’re looking in the DEF range and no post growth treatment, it’s likely a 2 A.

Can’t speak about LGD. I’ve never used them.

I just bought a Precision Cut lab round from Whiteflash. HPHT, no post growth. D color. IGI Ideal hearts and arrows. It’s lovely. And worth the premium since it’s already vetted and held for stock by WF.

Thank you for your reply, so If I select a high color HPHT it likely is type an and has no phosphorescence? Unfortunately whitefish come out at least 4 to 5 times more expensive than other vendors.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope, @SabineH!
It’s not enough to looks for “hearts and arrows” designation bc that is sometimes a marketing label which doesn’t designate true cut.

Here are some parameters to look for and ideal cut. Some PSers will be able to explain which combinations make for better performance, and this is just a ballpark list.

Crown angle 34-35
Pavilion angle 40.6-40.9
Table 55-58
Depth 60.4-62.4

Loose Grown Diamonds seems to have a good track record here. @DejaWiz has recommended stones from that site, and ppl seem to have had good results. The same stone can be found on multiple sites at wildly varying prices. So it’s worth site-hopping if you see a stone you like on one site.

*Below is my understanding of phosphorescence and Type IIa and IIb, but I could be wrong. Hopefully, others will help clarify.*

Phosphorescence isn’t designated on certificates, and DEF stones can still have phosphorescence. It’s just like DEF mined stones can have fluorescence. You have to see that in person since it’s not tested for purposes of the lab stone certificates.

If you don’t want a blue tinge, then you can look for a Type IIa. Blue tinge is best seen from the side view of the videos.

All tinges need to be evaluated by your own eye - grey, brown, blue. None will be disclosed in a certificate.

Hope this helps and good luck!

SabineH

Rough_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope, @SabineH!
It’s not enough to looks for “hearts and arrows” designation bc that is sometimes a marketing label which doesn’t designate true cut.

Here are some parameters to look for and ideal cut. Some PSers will be able to explain which combinations make for better performance, and this is just a ballpark list.

Crown angle 34-35
Pavilion angle 40.6-40.9
Table 55-58
Depth 60.4-62.4

Loose Grown Diamonds seems to have a good track record here. @DejaWiz has recommended stones from that site, and ppl seem to have had good results. The same stone can be found on multiple sites at wildly varying prices. So it’s worth site-hopping if you see a stone you like on one site.

*Below is my understanding of phosphorescence and Type IIa and IIb, but I could be wrong. Hopefully, others will help clarify.*

Phosphorescence isn’t designated on certificates, and DEF stones can still have phosphorescence. It’s just like DEF mined stones can have fluorescence. You have to see that in person since it’s not tested for purposes of the lab stone certificates.

If you don’t want a blue tinge, then you can look for a Type IIa. Blue tinge is best seen from the side view of the videos.

All tinges need to be evaluated by your own eye - grey, brown, blue. None will be disclosed in a certificate.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you for the reply! Can I just ask the vendor to check the stones under long and short wave uv to check? Is that common practice?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the reply! Can I just ask the vendor to check the stones under long and short wave uv to check? Is that common practice?

I don’t know if anyone asking for that. You can always try. I think even fluorescent lights can show fluorescence. Doesn’t need to be targeted short wave. There was a lab diamond talk in January which went into this. It’s on YouTube. Was given at GIA. I believe the speakers showed fluorescence from just regular overhead lights.

I’m just curious. Why are you avoiding fluorescence?

SabineH

Rough_Rock
I don’t know if anyone asking for that. You can always try. I think even fluorescent lights can show fluorescence. Doesn’t need to be targeted short wave. There was a lab diamond talk in January which went into this. It’s on YouTube. Was given at GIA. I believe the speakers showed fluorescence from just regular overhead lights.

I’m just curious. Why are you avoiding fluorescence?

I love Fluor in earth diamonds but I don't like phosphorescence.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results