shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this what a milky diamond looks like?

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Someone posted this to Reddit's diamond sub.

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12726077

A retailer/diamond consultant replied saying that the stone looks milky to him. It's strong blue fluor, but I wonder if PSers agree or not from the video.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Someone posted this to Reddit's diamond sub.

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12726077

A retailer/diamond consultant replied saying that the stone looks milky to him. It's strong blue fluor, but I wonder if PSers agree or not from the video.
There is no UV light in the video light source so no one can tell from this video if it is milky or not.
I can not see any clarity related milky issues?
The report shows an 'honest' VS1

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is no UV light in the video light source so no one can tell from this video if it is milky or not.
I can not see any clarity related milky issues?
The report shows an 'honest' VS1

Thanks Gary. I had a suspicion that this guy was making things up but I don't have enough experience to spot a milky stone from a video.

Unfortunately the Reddit diamond subs have a number of these businesspeople who hold themselves out as experts and then give blatantly incorrect advice/opinions (the end goal being to redirect people to their business I suspect). Unfortunately not everyone finds out about Pricescope...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Gary. I had a suspicion that this guy was making things up but I don't have enough experience to spot a milky stone from a video.

Unfortunately the Reddit diamond subs have a number of these businesspeople who hold themselves out as experts and then give blatantly incorrect advice/opinions (the end goal being to redirect people to their business I suspect). Unfortunately not everyone finds out about Pricescope...
SADLY yes :wall:
We do not have enough revenue to afford paid SEM ad's because we do not have paid ad's. So we limp along and rely on old fashioned human word of mouth and organic search.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't look milky at all. Reddit has some shady "experts" who know nothing about diamonds and just want people to go to their stores and buy from them.

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
D90EDDED-A4A5-4454-8935-D7D6FBAAF579.jpeg Here is a milky one... it’s so lovely in every aspects except the translucency :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry, I did not see yet any colorless milky diamond when UV was a reason of milkiness.
we checked many samples and always a cloud was the reason of milkiness in direct light( sun or UV free LED light)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry, I did not see yet any colorless milky diamond when UV was a reason of milkiness.
we checked many samples and always a cloud was the reason of milkiness in direct light( sun or UV free LED light)
I find whenever a diamond has a whitish blue fluorescence that the diamond is almost always milky.

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I find whenever a diamond has a whitish blue fluorescence that the diamond is almost always milky.
1) Do you have photos in UV light for such diamonds?
2) Do they have clouds with point inclusions 1-10 microns size? Did you check its in a microscope with high(100x-200x ) optical magnification ?
3) How are rare such fluorescence ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results