shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this what a diamond is supposed to look like?

puppylover10

Rough_Rock
Sorry for what is probably a really dumb question. Is a diamond supposed to look all clear from the side or are you supposed to see something toward the very bottom?

This is a bad representation of my diamond looks like. The yellow line (colorless in real life) is what I'm asking about. Am i supposed to see something there or is it some type of inclusion? The last time I asked about inclusions, I didn't even notice it yet. But now that I see it, its VERY big and obvious. It seems to be a HUGE crystal if it is the crystal Stone was talking about in a previous post. I showed it to some friends who don't know anything about diamonds and some said maybe diamonds are supposed to look like that? I'm confused.

baddrawing.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like girdle reflection.

Something like this?
golfer1.jpg

Perfectly normal if this is what you are seeing.

puppylover10

Rough_Rock
Yes! Thanks! I thought it's was too big to be an inclusion. I was sort of afraid I somehow damaged it and it cracked or something, though I have no idea how I would do that. Now I know not to worry. Sorry for all the questions. I stare at my diamond a lot and see more things about it the more i look at it.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love the illustration! I second girdle reflection. You aren't the only person who's started a thread worried their diamond is horribly damaged because that's what they are seeing. :wink2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have an inscription and you have a thicker girdle (or a larger stone with a proportionally wider girdle) you can sometimes even make out parts of the inscription in the reflection ::)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
You know I have never really taken much notice of that before and now that i have looked for it in my own diamond, it's sticking out like... Well, you can fill in the rest :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results