carat
color
clarity

Is this wedding band a good deal?

diamondnewbie2131

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a wedding band for my fiance and was looking at the one below. The reason i was looking at this one is because i bought her engagement ring from them, and this is the one that matches the ring. I was thinking of going the custom route or even buying a plain wedding band, and having the stones set in it. What do you guys think would be my best option?
upload_2019-2-26_14-22-23.png

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely get the matching band and not get a plain band and try to put stone in it, that’s a terrible idea, please don’t do it.

I am assuming that this band is returnable, which will make the buying process stress free.

ctsamg

Rough_Rock
If you haven't double check that she wants a matching band. She might want a different chunkier band so that she can wear her wedding ring without her engagement ring, or stack them with matching.

If you're confident this is what she wants, you should go for it! The melee on that band is going to be very small, so honestly a majority of the cost is in the ring and the labor.

seaglass

Rough_Rock
It looks like typical price in my brief search. But are you sure that's what she wants? My fiance at the time looked at a lot of different wedding bands, we looked at them together. I bought the one she wanted as she was very particular about what she wanted and how it looked next to the ER.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
There is not enough info to tell if it is a “good deal.” But I can’t imagine buying a plain band then trying to somehow get it altered for a row of stones. That seems $$$ and so much work for literally no benefit, unless I’m missing something.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a wedding band for my fiance and was looking at the one below. The reason i was looking at this one is because i bought her engagement ring from them, and this is the one that matches the ring. I was thinking of going the custom route or even buying a plain wedding band, and having the stones set in it. What do you guys think would be my best option?
upload_2019-2-26_14-22-23.png

You should 100% make sure this is what she wants. Not everyone wants a matching wedding band. And do NOT get a plain band and have stones set it. That will be almost impossible and won't work.

diamondnewbie2131

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the replies! To answer everyones questions yes she would like a matching band or something just as close to it. I just thought $1700 was a little expensive for a half carat band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results