shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this unacceptable leakage?

jrfl

Rough_Rock
Just received this stone for evaluation and it appears that I can see my hand through the Maltese cross area of the stone. Is this unacceptable leakage? I certainly don’t like it. I saw another post on here with a similar stone and the same issue. Is this a prevalent problem with this type of stone? IMG_6160.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally don't like that much leakage.

jrfl

Rough_Rock
You spotted it in the original video. Is it possible to find this cut without leakage? I asked the seller this exact question and was told no it didn’t have any.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Put some brightly colored paper under it and if you see the color . . . I'd return it.
I'm told that rectangular stones can do this. Case by case.

jrfl

Rough_Rock

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Do you happen to know the table/depth%s? There are a bunch of shallow-cut, big table stones online that mimic the look of OMC facets.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you happen to know the table/depth%s? There are a bunch of shallow-cut, big table stones online that mimic the look of OMC facets.

49 table
66 depth

It does look shallow but I think its just got bad angles.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This thread freaks me out! But I think someone wrote that the issue was visible in a video before the stone was bought? Scary to buy online if this is what you would happen to get (unless you wanted it to look like this..)
Where did you buy this OP?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results