shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this true??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wozny

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Like a previous poster I am also on a budget of approximately $3,000. I have been doing research for some time and have set my mind on a round cut H&A my concern is that the one I am looking at has a color of G but a clarity of SI1. I had told myself I would not go below a clarity of vs1, however diamonds in that range bump my price up another 1k.

The vendor that is trying to sell me the ring provided this quote

"I promise that you ABSOLUTELY have nothing to worry about with the SI1. AGS SI1 is like a GIA VS2. AGS is extremely strict in their grading."

so, I would like to see what others in the know think?

Any detailed information that could help me make this purchase are greatly appreciated. I am wondering if I should go for a smaller stone but with better clarity. The stone I am looking at his about 3/4 carat SI1 color G H&A

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I also had heard from some experts that AGS today is very stict and often AGS SI1 would be graded as VS2 by GIA. However, it just some opinions. There is no written rule about it, of course.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That's true. Sometimes a GIA SI 1 is an AGS VS 2. By the way, many AGS SI 1's in the 3/4 ct range are eye clean. With a nice cut you'll see nothing but sparkle!
1.gif

Wozny

Rough_Rock
I have also noticed soe sites listing H&A as finish rather then a cut and BR (brilliant round) as the cut, whereas others list the cut as H&A, for comparisons sake this makes it even harder to choose, what looks like a good deal on an H&A could actually be a BR? Now I am thoroughly confused
sad.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Linda is absolutely right on inclusions. Size, type, color, and location are the key to choosing an eye clean SI diamond. And there are many out there. And, Giangi is correct as well. The larger the carat weight, the more likely inclusions will be visible in SI rated diamonds. SI1 should not be a problem at all in the 3/4 carat range. I have a 100% eye clean 3/4 carat SI1.

Clarity grading is subjective. One major inclusion that does not impact performance and is not eye visible result in the SI rating by either lab. Smaller, scattered inclusions can probably go either way depending on the grader. Get copies of the plot from the Cert and discuss the type and color of inclusions with the Vendor.

Hearts and Arrows are Super Ideal CUT Round Brilliant diamonds. If you see H&A listed then the diamond is RB. When searching RB's, some will be noted as H&A. Beware that some diamonds noted as H&A do not exhibit clean, crisp Hearts and Arrows patterns. The H&A name is used as a marketing tool for diamonds that are not true H&A's.
1.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
So I agree...just because it says H&A doesn't mean it is H&A...make sure you see pictures.

Just one point of clarifiaction the following

"If you see H&A listed then the diamond is RB" in not exactly true while generlly true that RB and H&A go together...

The Regent Cut modified square has both hearts and arrows H&A, (I have one :)...it is the only modified square with H&A

Queen of Hearts (modified square) and the Dream (modified square) both have hearts, but not arrows

Best of luck

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
PQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif
appl.gif
wavey.gif

Where have u been?
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new octagon cut diamond now sold by Diamondbrokersofflorida.com is also a Hearts & Arrows. Jan posted them on another newsboard yesterday and they are something different for those who like diamond shapes.

I will stay a round brilliant fan however.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I purchased an AGS000 G SI1 1.4 carat RB for my fianceand it's eye clean. In essence, it performs as a "flawless" "colorless" stone to the naked eye.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results