shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this stone any good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
DIAMOND CUT -------------------- Round Brilliant Cut
DIAMOND WEIGHT --------------- 1.12 CTS TDW
DIAMOND QUALITY -------------- I COLOR / SI1 CLARITY
DIAMOND DIMENSIONS ---------- 6.84 - 6.71 x 4.07 mm
DIAMOND DEPTH ---------------- 60.1 %
DIAMOND TABLE ---------------- 59.0 %
DIAMOND CROWN --------------- 14.3 %
DIAMOND PAVILION ------------- 43.0 %
DIAMOND GIRDLE --------------- THIN TO MEDIUM FACETED
DIAMOND CULET ---------------- NONE
DIAMOND FLUORESCENCE ----- NONE
SYMMETRY & POLISH ---------- GOOD
EGL CERTIFICATE #------------- US 74513227D

magna2

Shiny_Rock
On the surface, the diamond appears to be a very nice diamond. Since it is an EGL-USA graded diamond there should be no issue with the grading accuracy. The only concern would be the symmetry and polish ratings of "good". It still could be a very good performer and especially if the price is right. IMO is worthy of taking a personal look at the diamond.

rodent.gif

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
Is there any way to determine the cut given all the information above?

mini

Rough_Rock
Hello

Cut can be determined from the depth, table, crown, and pavilion.

wavey.gif

Candace
www.abazias.com

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
eBay?
1.gif

It could be pretty.
1.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/13/2003 1:16:01 PM finchuck wrote:

Is there any way to determine the cut given all the information above?----------------

It would be helpful to have had the angles in addition to the percentages for crown and pavillion. So just by going with the given number - it falls within the AGS(1) cut diamond. This however does not take into consideration the "good" polish/symmetry since I am not sure how AGSL factors those into the equation nor what score AGSL assigns to a "good".

Under the AGA scoring system, the diamond would have rated a 1B but given polish and symmetry ratings, it drops to a 2A. None the less, it is a very fine cut diamond. There is debate regarding how much "good" polish/symmetry ratings detract from the diamond - some say it does and some say it doesn't.

rodent.gif

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your responses guys. I gather that it's probably a pretty good cut diamond.

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
Here is a 10X image of the stone and I can notice blemishes. Is this how an SI1 stone should typically look under 10X microscope? Would all of these be invisible to the unaided eye?

10x.jpg

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
Sorry if I am not responding to your questions, I will let the experts chime in. My question for you is how did you take that picture at 10x? Do you need special equipment?

Thanks!

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
The dealer took it, I don't know how he did it.

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
If anybody can tell me if that's how an SI1 stone should look under 10X magnification, I'd really appreciate it.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The pic isn't too clear on my screen, but if you had asked me to guess the clarity grade, I would have said SI 2. But it could be as well an SI 1...From a pic we can't tell. There are several inclusions, but they are scattered, so I assume it will be fairly eye-clean in face-up position.
I think the stone looks fairly normal (but nothing exceptional) for an EGL SI 1.
2.gif
But I expect something better from let's say an HRD SI 1.
1.gif

This is an example of a pretty non ideal stone.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results