shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this spinel going to go dark?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does have quite a lot of gray in the stone. Be sure you really like that because it will be likely more evident IRL.

So if gray bugs you, start looking at other stones. As to it going dark, maybe not.

-A

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Arcadian|1307658460|2942006 said:
It does have quite a lot of gray in the stone. Be sure you really like that because it will be likely more evident IRL.

So if gray bugs you, start looking at other stones. As to it going dark, maybe not.

-A

Thank you! That helps a lot. I have a gray/silver small stone that I love but I think, yes, gray in a lilac stone bugs me.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Yes it probably will be a fair bit darker in person. You can see from the tweezers how bright the light is in that photo.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
I think that its cut rather nicely and I do like the steely color..good size.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lilac in spinel with minimal gray is possible but it can seem like a needle in a haystack. Hang in there, you'll find it :bigsmile: Also over time, you do learn how to read the stones a bit better too.

-A

angie11

Rough_Rock
From the material,I think it will go dark,be sure to buy that big stone

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
With the amount of gray in that, I doubt it'll have the brilliance you want, either. Long hunt, but what you want is out there!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Well............. cross your fingers. I went pinker than I'd like but I bought one!! (and it wasn't that one!)
Now I get to play the wait and track and pace and wait and and and .....game.

You guys have taught me wonderful things, I know how to do all the steps, and by golly it'll be good to
get this thing shipped to Jerry, cut, set and ON MY FINGER. LOL

I think this is more complicated than it was to find my true love- found him online too... funny how that works.

<3 to all!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Kismet|1307671555|2942177 said:
Yes it probably will be a fair bit darker in person. You can see from the tweezers how bright the light is in that photo.

Oooooh another trick! thank you for that too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results